YT Capra Owners

Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 11:40 Quote
[Quote="watch123"]
omit11 wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:

That is true. People aren't yelling about the positive things.

I was actually going to get Canyon Torque AL6, but then i stumbled on the Capra MX Core 3. I belive for the 400-500€ difference, the capra is better. Carbon frame, 38 perf elite, and GX over SLX. Only thing i'm missing from the Torque, is the Float X2 performance.

But i guess the Float X perf elite is more suitable for me and works just fine on bike parks(?).

https://www.canyon.com/en-de/mountain-bikes/enduro-bikes/torque/torque-27.5/torque-6/3199.html

The specs sound better in general, but I definitely prefer Shimano over SRAM for drivetrains.

Me too from XT upward. The Torque would require a shifter swap to XT. I guess GX works quite well for me.

Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 15:42 Quote
[Quote="omit11"]
watch123 wrote:
omit11 wrote:

The specs sound better in general, but I definitely prefer Shimano over SRAM for drivetrains.

Me too from XT upward. The Torque would require a shifter swap to XT. I guess GX works quite well for me.

Oh, that's an interesting take. I feel like Deore would be significantly better than SX, and maybe at the high end (XTR), SRAM might be better. Although I run SLX right now and prefer it's feel over any of the SRAM ones I've tried.

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 11:03 Quote
[Quote="watch123"]
omit11 wrote:
watch123 wrote:

Ah sorry. I dont actually have experience other than NX, GX and XT. And i ment that XT is better than them Smile

So we got a Core 2 assembled on a test drive today. Fresh out of the box with Core R brakes.
Not so pleased, since the brakes are useless. Way too much slack in the levelers. Almost crashed with the bike since it took so much movement to even get the pads touching the discs.

Oh, that's an interesting take. I feel like Deore would be significantly better than SX, and maybe at the high end (XTR), SRAM might be better. Although I run SLX right now and prefer it's feel over any of the SRAM ones I've tried.

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 21:22 Quote
omit11 wrote:
suspended-flesh wrote:
omit11 wrote:
Hey there fellow bikers.

I*m looking to get my first carbon bike, Capra MX core 3. What do you guys think about carbon frames? Lots of videos etc where the frame might crack easily from a rock hitting it, or it hitting the rock Smile

I'm also worried about casing a jump. Will the rims be first one to give up, or the fiber?

Also worried about hitting the bashguard to something. I like that it's there, but will i just brake the frame by covering the transmission?

I'm an intermediate rider wanting to upgrade my low tier Canyon to something new and more rugged to handle bike parks and some trails.

Carbon fiber isn't anything to worry about in my experience and can be repaired (by a professional) like a surfboard. The carbon Capras can run a dual crown if ya want, too. I'm passively looking for an older Boxxer for my clapped-out 7 year old Capra CF. It does have the Alu lower swingarm which has probably helped it remain structurally intact over the years. I wasn't as lucky.

Well yeah, so i've heard. But there are too many failed carbon frames on instagram Big Grin

Also wondering how will the Float X handle bike parks and larger jumps, or even the cased jumps Razz

Kid, you're wrong. Don't buy into the cracked frame myth or look into a different bike IG tells you doesn't 'fail'. The Float can handle anything you're gonna do.

Posted: Nov 26, 2022 at 6:54 Quote
suspended-flesh wrote:
omit11 wrote:
suspended-flesh wrote:

Carbon fiber isn't anything to worry about in my experience and can be repaired (by a professional) like a surfboard. The carbon Capras can run a dual crown if ya want, too. I'm passively looking for an older Boxxer for my clapped-out 7 year old Capra CF. It does have the Alu lower swingarm which has probably helped it remain structurally intact over the years. I wasn't as lucky.

Well yeah, so i've heard. But there are too many failed carbon frames on instagram Big Grin

Also wondering how will the Float X handle bike parks and larger jumps, or even the cased jumps Razz

Kid, you're wrong. Don't buy into the cracked frame myth or look into a different bike IG tells you doesn't 'fail'. The Float can handle anything you're gonna do.

+1
you don't hear people raving about how their carbon frame is lasting so long (well, except suspendedflesh, and that's awesome!) just the few bad experiences.

Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 2:37 Quote
Thats true.

So i did place an order for Core 3. We'll see how it feels compared to my 2019 Canyon.

Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 19:56 Quote
omit11 wrote:
Thats true.

So i did place an order for Core 3. We'll see how it feels compared to my 2019 Canyon.

Nice - hope it works out for you. My Capra is still letting me push hard and I don't need a DS, Enduro or even a DH bike (sold my TUES - sniff.....loved that bike, but hardly rode it) as it does it all. Just don't come back complaining that it doesn't climb the XC/fire road quite as easily as_________ bike. Because you already knew that - YOU KNEW THAT BEFORE YOU BOUGHT IT, right? LOL.

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 1:24 Quote
suspended-flesh wrote:
omit11 wrote:
Thats true.

Nice - hope it works out for you. My Capra is still letting me push hard and I don't need a DS, Enduro or even a DH bike (sold my TUES - sniff.....loved that bike, but hardly rode it) as it does it all. Just don't come back complaining that it doesn't climb the XC/fire road quite as easily as_________ bike. Because you already knew that - YOU KNEW THAT BEFORE YOU BOUGHT IT, right? LOL.

Why would you need an enduro bike if you have Capra, which is described as enduro bike Smile

Yeah i know its not the best bike for trails. But i like the added excercise it might give on the trails. But mainly its 70% for bike parks and rest is trails or something.

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2022 at 14:19 Quote
Hey all-

I own a 2020 Carbon Capra, and I love the bike. I’m looking to upgrade to a newer “MX” Capra, probably the “Launch Edition” but I have a few questions about it first.

1- Every review I’ve read or watched has mentioned the more progressive and “harsh” rear suspension in the small bumps. But no review I have watched has has the coil over rear shock which would relieve some of that “issue.” I don’t race, ride mostly “freeride” trails and some park. Does anyone have any experience on the new platform?

2- Is the purple aluminum build a noticeable difference in weight in pedaling or is it just mostly when you pick it up off of the ground?

Hope someone has experience riding the new Capra. Cheers!

Posted: Dec 10, 2022 at 9:39 Quote
Kacer10 wrote:
Hey all-

I own a 2020 Carbon Capra, and I love the bike. I’m looking to upgrade to a newer “MX” Capra, probably the “Launch Edition” but I have a few questions about it first.

1- Every review I’ve read or watched has mentioned the more progressive and “harsh” rear suspension in the small bumps. But no review I have watched has has the coil over rear shock which would relieve some of that “issue.” I don’t race, ride mostly “freeride” trails and some park. Does anyone have any experience on the new platform?

2- Is the purple aluminum build a noticeable difference in weight in pedaling or is it just mostly when you pick it up off of the ground?

Hope someone has experience riding the new Capra. Cheers!

That coil shock will absolutely give you great small bump compliance!!
The two bikes (carbon and aluminum) should have the same pedaling kinematics and chances are you won't notice the extra weight on the climb. (I just purchased a Commencal Meta SX @ 36lbs and I hardly notice it after riding a completely carbon everything bike)

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2023 at 2:58 Quote
Hey gang, had anyone noticed their SRAM eagle cassette "clangs" a lot on the crank brothers wheels?

I feel like it's a tinny sound, and then amplified by the large engagement range of the crank brothers hubs (17ish degrees), combined with the alloy rim.

I could post a video but I'm not sure how...

I've got a 2022 uncaged 9.

Posted: Jan 4, 2023 at 11:33 Quote
Hi guys,
this is not a review, but I wanted to share some of my impressions on the YT Capra Core 3 MX, and see your opinion of the bike.
As I said, I own a YT Capra Core 3 MX version, mostly stock, just change the brakes, tires and put a Cushcore in the back to not destroy my rear wheel so soon.
The bike: Is a really good looking bike, I have the Yellow one and everywhere I go someone said "nice bike" or something like that. The spec is not bad for the price, suspension, drivetrain, wheels, and carbon frame are just perfect... I don't like Code R, they are not reliable for me, so I put in some Magura MT5 that are really nice, and consistent (I bought also two SLX levers if the Magura levers brake, but for the moment really powerful and consistent brakes). Is sad to see a bike like this one come with Exo Casing tires, but that's a problem overall in the industry, although DHR II and Assegai are excellent pattern choices.
Uphill: I like to pedal, and I think the new Capra pedals uphill good for the suspension system, design, and geometry that it has, I use the firm setting of the Fox Float X only if the uphill is a good fire road or street, in the dirt, I leave everything open. As with many bikes, the seat tube angle could be steeper, but it is not so bad for my taste.
Downhill: The important part. I come from many years using a full 29" bike, so trying a mullet for the first time was ... let said "different". I did ride in Austria and Italy in the Sommer but now I am back in dusty Chile, and I can feel the difference in stability and "monster truck feel" of not having a full 29" bike. Is harsher in really rough terrain, and maintaining control is a little bit more difficult, but is fast (actually I have beat some of my Strava times that I had with my last 29" bike). Many people said that the small bump compliance is not good, I would argue. For me is not that the problem (actually I think small bump compliance is just fine), the problem is that it gets harsh under hard breaking in rough terrain or breaking bumps. Progression is good, and I will try a coil shock soon, to see the difference. It is definitely not the most compliant bike out there, nor the most aggressive, but overall is a nice bike, that can be used for many thinks because is well-balanced.
Other comments: Rear tire frame clearance is bad, I put a 2.6" in the back and I have less than 1.5 cm of clearance per side. The seat drop could be a couple of centimeters more. Be careful with your suspensions, nowadays they come with cero grease in the wiper seals and not much oil. Exact the same with almost all the bolts of the frame.

I hope I can read more comments or opinions on this version of the Capra,
Ride safe and enjoy your bike!

Posted: Jan 30, 2023 at 8:46 Quote
Rolleyes Anyone got a mk 1 capra size (air) shock they want to get rid of/upgrade ?

ie 8.75 x 2.75 (222 x 66/69/70) ??

my trusty monarch plus is toast/not worth repairing and there seem v few shocks this size around where I'm loking

cheers for any info

Posted: Jan 30, 2023 at 18:28 Quote
billyno wrote:
Rolleyes Anyone got a mk 1 capra size (air) shock they want to get rid of/upgrade ?

my trusty monarch plus is toast/not worth repairing and there seem v few shocks this size around where I'm loking

cheers for any info

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/list/?location=194-*-*&category=104&shockeyetoeye=875&shockstroke=275

Posted: Jan 31, 2023 at 8:32 Quote
speedy-toast wrote:
billyno wrote:

cheers for any info

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/list/?location=194-*-*&category=104&shockeyetoeye=875&shockstroke=275

thanks but much less around here in UK

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015906
Mobile Version of Website