YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jun 5, 2023 at 10:07 Quote
amr317mx wrote:
Dano969 wrote:
Can anyone tell me what size bushing to order for a fox float x2 that I’m putting on a new Capra mx. The ones that came with the shock are too big for the rear mount.

I just went through this issue. I emailed Fox because I couldn't find M8x15mm mounting hardware anywhere, and they sent me this part number:
803-03-243

Not sure what hardware they shipped on my 2022 Core 4 with the X2, but it wasn't that p/n (has the IGUS bushings and a pin with no washers on the ends).

Good luck finding them in stock though! Beer

Try this site. I recently got one of their rear shock eyelet bearing kits and MAN did it make a difference!! They also have regular hardware for most popular shocks.
https://www.enduroforkseals.com/

Posted: Jun 5, 2023 at 14:08 Quote
Hello,

I am considering buying a second hand enduro mountainbike. I might be able to get a yt capra 2016 RAW alu with new GX drivetrain, serviced Pike fork and monarch shock for about 1500 euro's. This seems like on hand a decent deal but i am afraid the geometry might be outdated.

Should i consider this bike or not?

Posted: Jun 5, 2023 at 14:20 Quote
Ruudtjuhh wrote:
Hello,

I am considering buying a second hand enduro mountainbike. I might be able to get a yt capra 2016 RAW alu with new GX drivetrain, serviced Pike fork and monarch shock for about 1500 euro's. This seems like on hand a decent deal but i am afraid the geometry might be outdated.

If you have already firmly adapted to the most modern geo trends and are sensitive to changes and you are uncertain about a bike that is as "old" as a 2016 model then don't get this bike.

BUT

Old bikes ride great. I have an old DH bike and XC bike and I really love riding those things despite the fact that they don't have "modern geometry". The bikes rip.

Hope this helps.

Posted: Jun 5, 2023 at 14:57 Quote
Ruudtjuhh wrote:
Hello,

The capra was a few years ahead of it's time geo-wise so it won't feel as old and out of date as many bikes from 7 years ago
BUT .... I'd say 1500 is v punchy for that bike - my 2016 CF (which I still ride and love despite having a much more modern bike) was a lot less than that second hand - there are a load of Alu capras on PB for half as much

Posted: Jun 10, 2023 at 7:40 Quote
Ruudtjuhh wrote:
Hello,

I’m riding my 2015 Al and still loving it. I haven’t ridden anything newer more than a few pedal strokes. It’s not as long as todays models. My riding buddy, with his brand new $8K USD rig, still remarks how it’s not really that outdated in the big scheme. It doesn’t have boost spacing is the biggest difference, but he can’t see that when he’s in my dust.

Posted: Jun 10, 2023 at 8:14 Quote
Wondering if anyone can help me out. I have a 2022 Yt Capra Core 3 and I’m from the UK. I run rear brake on the left and front brake on the right and because of yt being a German company, they come the other way round in the box. I was eager to ride so I swapped the sides the brakes were on the bars and head out to test the bike on the trails. Fast forward 8 months later to now, I want to actually route the brake cables correctly thought the frame but as some of you might know there is some sort of pipe lagging in the frame to stop rattling. This leaves me with a kink in the brake cable because I’m running the rear brake on the left hand side of the bars going into the left hand side of the bike frame and there is no way for me to run it on the right hand side. Surely another yt Capra owner from the uk has had this problem so if anybody can give me any feedback, tips or ideas that would be great

Posted: Jun 15, 2023 at 10:37 Quote
Has anyone come across Click noise on front end of Capra 2023

I've a ZEB, I'm presuming it's the CSU and I've gone through everything to try find the click

I'm Unable to find any movement or any other solution.
Does anyone have a similar issue or suggestions as to where I should take a look.
Not affecting performance and not a creak noise just a click

Posted: Jun 15, 2023 at 10:52 Quote
Eoin002 wrote:

I've a ZEB, I'm presuming it's the CSU and I've gone through everything to try find the click

Does anyone have a similar issue or suggestions as to where I should take a look.

have you changed the plastic headset top cap for a metal one yet?

Posted: Jun 15, 2023 at 12:30 Quote
Yes changed for metal one but still plastic spacers.

Posted: Jun 15, 2023 at 14:18 Quote
could be the CSU then. Maybe check to make sure the pads/brake caliper arent moving and a final thought...your rotor. Center lock (if you have this) can rock back and forth.

Posted: Jun 15, 2023 at 14:51 Quote
Yup all of the above check, no success
Thanks!
It must be the fork

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2023 at 4:40 Quote
Can you replicate the sound off-trail, like in the parking lot using the front break. Or even in your garage by applying the front break and rocking the bike back and forth?

Try turning the bike upside down, applying some thin lube into the crown/stanchion and let it deep in. If the nose goes away (will be very temporary), you may have found the problem.

Also, if the fork has not been serviced, it could need a service.

You will probably find better help in the zeb/fork forums.

Eoin002 wrote:

Posted: Jun 20, 2023 at 14:39 Quote
Hey Folks, I know this has been asked in the past on older Capra models but at 6ft 215lbs would the 2023 Large or Xtra Large be a better fit based on personal experience.

Thanks.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2023 at 11:26 Quote
I would say XL unless you prefer a really compact bike. I’m almost 6’4” and I would go XXL.

Posted: Jun 22, 2023 at 18:49 Quote
I’m 5.11. 215. I ride 2020 Shred 29” wheels. Large. Fits great

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020289
Mobile Version of Website