Powered by Outside

YT Capra Owners

Posted: Mar 3, 2024 at 18:42 Quote
rallyimprezive wrote:
yotaismygame wrote:
rallyimprezive wrote:

I agree. Ive been monitoring the prices carefully, and last year's Capra Core 3 29 (with Zeb Ultimate forks, and GX AXS drivetrain) just dropped to $2999. So I bought it.
Looking at the prices and spec of the "new" models, I feel like I really got the better deal. Just need to wait until April to find out!

I've said this a few times on here already. But if you look at the core 3 capra thats not in the sale section, my buddy bought that bike in november for $2k!! Granted he's tall and only the XXL was that cheap...but still. Looking at the specs he got even a better deal since he got all top level Fox suspension instead of the middle grade. Blows my mind.

That’s crazy. I doubt we’ll see deals like that again.

Looks like they're back on sale again! Granted, I don't think as steep of a discount as they were last time. Still great deals....hmmmm decisions lol

Posted: Mar 4, 2024 at 7:10 Quote
I'm 5'11 and just ordered a 29er capra in size medium since my previous bike was a Rocky Mountain instinct in medium. I liked how playful and flickable that bike was, but did I go too small with my capra? Does anyone else run a downsized capra?

Posted: Mar 4, 2024 at 8:51 Quote
BikerSam5 wrote:
I'm 5'11 and just ordered a 29er capra in size medium since my previous bike was a Rocky Mountain instinct in medium. I liked how playful and flickable that bike was, but did I go too small with my capra? Does anyone else run a downsized capra?

I'm 5'9 and rode a Med (2019) and then moved to Large (2022) and it felt way better. I didn't realize the Medium was that small until I moved to the Large.

Posted: Mar 4, 2024 at 9:01 Quote
BikerSam5 wrote:

IMO yes its small for you. Capra's basically run a size small. So your medium is most companies small's. Most of us on here near that height run the XL. At 6ft i've never felt like my xl was too big or not flickable.

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2024 at 9:20 Quote
yotaismygame wrote:
BikerSam5 wrote:

IMO yes its small for you. Capra's basically run a size small. So your medium is most companies small's. Most of us on here near that height run the XL. At 6ft i've never felt like my xl was too big or not flickable.

+1 on the above opinion. I'm 5'11 on an XL and if I wanted a more playful ride, I wouldn't even consider anything smaller than L.

Posted: Mar 4, 2024 at 9:27 Quote
mammal wrote:
yotaismygame wrote:
BikerSam5 wrote:

+1 on the above opinion. I'm 5'11 on an XL and if I wanted a more playful ride, I wouldn't even consider anything smaller than L.

dang... okay, thanks for the input. Not sure if I should turn it into a slope-duro rig or get a bigger frame now haha

Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 4:18 Quote
BikerSam5 wrote:
mammal wrote:
yotaismygame wrote:

dang... okay, thanks for the input. Not sure if I should turn it into a slope-duro rig or get a bigger frame now haha

I totally get where you're coming from on a smaller bike, but here's a solid sizing video that you might find super helpful for someone who likes that fun flickable feel. It might even suggest your medium suits your style best. It's based on YT as well, so it's worth a watch Smile

Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 8:18 Quote
murph284 wrote:
BikerSam5 wrote:
mammal wrote:

I totally get where you're coming from on a smaller bike, but here's a solid sizing video that you might find super helpful for someone who likes that fun flickable feel. It might even suggest your medium suits your style best. It's based on YT as well, so it's worth a watch Smile

thank you so much for this video, I did the calculations and the Medium is at the lower end but still in my range. I'm gonna wait till I get the bike and just ride it to see if I feel comfortable, but I'm way less stressed it's going to be too small for me now!

Posted: Mar 6, 2024 at 2:11 Quote
enekomtb wrote:
Hello, I have a question about my capra from 2015. Does anyone know what it would look like to make it a mullet with 27.5 and 26 or with 29 or 27.5?

Thanks.
I have seen a lot of mk1 being mullet and coil (29 front 27.5 rear) with 160/170mm forks, you can search it up on Google and find some pictures of 2017 ones, by one guy selling a 2017 mullet saying it's eating up everything downhill, seems like a good thing to do

Posted: Mar 6, 2024 at 4:19 Quote
BikerSam5 wrote:
murph284 wrote:
BikerSam5 wrote:

thank you so much for this video, I did the calculations and the Medium is at the lower end but still in my range. I'm gonna wait till I get the bike and just ride it to see if I feel comfortable, but I'm way less stressed it's going to be too small for me now!

Hah, glad it helped... It seemed like the video that you needed to see! Let us know how your bike feels when it arrives!

I'm in the same boat but haven't made a purchase yet, I'm just over 5' 10" and am eyeing up medium Capras too. YT would say I'm a Large, however, I'm not too sold on that. The Medium seems more my style. That video helped steer me as well.
It would appear everyone is riding gigantic bikes these days. But then again, haven't owned a full suspension in over 10 years, I'm out of the loop! Trying to learn these new bikes is a lot haha

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2024 at 9:53 Quote
murph284 wrote:

I'm in the same boat but haven't made a purchase yet, I'm just over 5' 10" and am eyeing up medium Capras too. YT would say I'm a Large, however, I'm not too sold on that. The Medium seems more my style. That video helped steer me as well.
It would appear everyone is riding gigantic bikes these days. But then again, haven't owned a full suspension in over 10 years, I'm out of the loop! Trying to learn these new bikes is a lot haha

One of the major differences in modern bike fit is that the seat tube angles are A LOT less slack than they used to be, so the seated position is much closer than the numbers suggest. One of the risks with a very short modern frame, would be that it could feel like your bars are way too close when seated.

Posted: Mar 7, 2024 at 19:07 Quote
mammal wrote:
murph284 wrote:

One of the major differences in modern bike fit is that the seat tube angles are A LOT less slack than they used to be, so the seated position is much closer than the numbers suggest. One of the risks with a very short modern frame, would be that it could feel like your bars are way too close when seated.

Gotcha! Thanks man, it all helps. Everything seems so different...super interesting learning all of the differences nowadays as I try to narrow in on a purchase.

Posted: Mar 8, 2024 at 17:24 Quote
Have any of yall ride-wrapped your capras? if so, how much work was it?

Posted: Mar 12, 2024 at 17:20 Quote
Got my capra in yesterday, and finally had a chance to ride some trails and jumps today. This is the first time I've ever fallen in love with a bike on my first ride, everything about it fits me perfectly and is exactly how I want it to be for my style. So stoked to finally have a YT!

Posted: Mar 12, 2024 at 17:27 Quote
BikerSam5 wrote:
Have any of yall ride-wrapped your capras? if so, how much work was it?

This:

photo

Just cover the major areas and don't sweat the nooks and crannies. Way less expensive than Ride Wrap and also much simpler, but if you've never done it before, there will be bubbles. yup.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028219
Mobile Version of Website