YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jan 10, 2016 at 23:55 Quote
Hi all,

My reverb has started compressing a few inches when sat on. Any advice on what the warranty process would be? Does this have to go back to YT or can it go directly to Rockshox?

Thank you.

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 0:40 Quote
SilverSun wrote:
Hi all,

My reverb has started compressing a few inches when sat on. Any advice on what the warranty process would be? Does this have to go back to YT or can it go directly to Rockshox?

Thank you.
first thing I'd do is check the psi is up to 200. Mine had this issue and since pumping it back up to 200 it's been fine. If this doesn't rectify the issue (there's been a lot with the same problem it's pretty common) it'll need sending to Rockshox.

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 0:55 Quote
SilverSun wrote:
Hi all,

Thank you.

I had this exact same problem.

Take a video of the problem first (make it a very small file size if you can) and email that to YT (they will ask you to do this anyway so will save you time). They said to send it back to them. Got a brand new reverb on the doorstep in 2 weeks!

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 1:04 Quote
billyno wrote:
Bongo1986 wrote:
codeman189 wrote:
You'll probably want a large!

I'm 6,2 and got a large and I have to have the dropper right down to the knuckle so I'd suggest the medium or get the large and swop the 150mm dropper to the 125mm

Just for info - Am 5' 10" on large and no probs with dropper so ??? (and have normal legs)

I am 5,10 (178cm) with maybe bit longer legs. I was on bodygeometry fiting, where they fit bike to my body. My 150 reverb is 7cm (2,76 in) out from frame (so 150mm+70mm=220mm) for perfect pedaling position. Dunno if my legs are that long or your fitting sux... Me on L capra https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/12921344/

Btw, Capra rules! No problems with cracks (for now). One video from last week. Riding in snow is super fun!!!

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 1:07 Quote
oldbutnotoverit wrote:
ok, spokes, has any one had to replace any spokes in their trs+ wheels ? I had one snap yesterday and I am struggling to find replacements apart from buying a box from silverfish, which could turn out expensive as there are three sizes in the wheel sets. I am after a 273mm for the disc side of the rear wheel. Can I use a different make ?

Take the wheel to your lbs for a replacement spoke. They will know what to get and as long as the wheel remained true and tensioned, they should be able to fit it without a rebuild which will cost £10-£15.

What I would recommend though, is getting the wheels (or wheel) rebuilt on dt Swiss advanced spokes and pro loc nipples. I had to do this with my rear wheel because I popped two and it was a pain to have to retape the wheel every time etc. I haven't had an issue with the front so I left it. If it ain't broke don't fix it but with the rear that gets quite a bit more beating, dt spokes are much better than the tiny e13 ones. It's also made it a much stiffer wheel so the wheel doesn't wharp in corners and it's much more precise.

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 2:35 Quote
Snow

Who was out at the weekend? Show is your pics!

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 3:02 Quote
martino wrote:
Snow

one of the best capra pics yet!

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 4:07 Quote
Kirkhill? Was up on Saturday as well:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAW3py7R5JR/?taken-by=shbell23

martino wrote:
Snow

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 4:21 Quote
shbell23 wrote:
Kirkhill? Was up on Saturday as well:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAW3py7R5JR/?taken-by=shbell23

martino wrote:
Snow

No, this was on the way up to Oxen Craig. Pretty tough going, but the descents down Maiden Causeway and towards Pittodrie House were pretty good fun.

How's Kirkhill riding?

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 4:50 Quote
Hi all! I've a question for you about the capra: I'm 180 cm tall, which size of frame is better for me? size M with a long stem (50 mm) or size L with a short stem (35 mm)? Thank you all

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 5:32 Quote
chemical130991 wrote:
Hi all! I've a question for you about the capra: I'm 180 cm tall, which size of frame is better for me? size M with a long stem (50 mm) or size L with a short stem (35 mm)? Thank you all

Take the L size...I am 185 and have a 50mm stem and it is spot on!

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 7:01 Quote
Peemai wrote:
What shock bushing does the X2 require? I have just received the X2 but it doesn't come with any bushing.

Gregmurds wrote:
The fork is 170 travel and has slightly increased the be height but only a tiny bit and it's not noticeable. The extra stiffness alone in the fork is worth it.
The x2 rides great, I only have one ride on it and used the fox basic settings. It descends amazing and the bike doesn't get caught up in the chop. It rides fine and there is a little Bob on climbs but only the same as when I forget to flick the other shocks into climb mode which I used to forget to do.
The bike is such a good ride now. It pedals well and descends like a mini dh bike. Best of both worlds.

used the bushings on the monarch. they will fit

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 7:02 Quote
SilverSun wrote:
Hi all,

Thank you.

mine does that and took it to my LBS and that's a common problem on the reverbs..
they did the warranty for free.

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 7:10 Quote
Chris9702l wrote:
Rob4620 wrote:
Has anyone run a small single chain ring up front i.e. 26 or 28t on their Capra? I'm interested to know if it causes any issues with chain line.

Many Thanks.

I'm running a 28t Qring. No problems whatsoever. Shifts great. It's a different story for a Nomad.

Chris

Thanks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017497
Mobile Version of Website