Demo n BigHits for racing

PB Forum :: Specialized
Demo n BigHits for racing
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 9:56 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=13522

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 10:06 Quote
yes, ive seen that before, very cool....and regarding the price, just to let you guys know, the price difference here in Germany is not as big as it is in US, the BigHit is 2500 and the Demo 7 is 3000...

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 12:06 Quote
i would suggest the travis single 180

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 14:39 Quote
very odd....i dont know why, but people here seem not to like the Manitous...

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 at 10:50 Quote
any more suggestions?

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 at 11:44 Quote
if you can find one
possibly an old breakout plus might be nice aswell

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 3:58 Quote
well, i think that demo 7 is a FR bike...

why you don't buy a demo 8?

you want a DH racing bike... buy a demo 8...

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 4:15 Quote
problema eh q aqui na alemanha elas säo muito caras, näo tanto quanto ai no BR, mas eh fora do presso pa mim aqui, q eh tudu vezes 3 neh...

i Just sayed that the Demo is a little of the price for me...

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 15:46 Quote
so would it be worth it to upgrade an old style bighit if you already had one, rather than buy a demo? the demos are newer and all, but some people say the bighits aren't all that bad for dh. would a bighit be able to handle anything thrown at it once upgraded with a better fork, shock, wheels, etc...? sorry if this is off track a little but i figured it fit in this thread. im fairly new to the bike scene so i was wondering about this... if anyone wants to pm me instead of replying on here if these questions are veering off course id appreciate it. Thanks and im very curious about this topic as well so keep the replies coming!

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 16:44 Quote
hey bro....as far as i know, the bighit 3 would suit dh just fine, it just lacks adjustments on the fork, but the rest is realy up to the task...i mean, its a great bike for the money, and you cant go realy wrong with the specs it comes with, maybe when you get faster and more agressive, you would want to change the rims (E540), and maybe the fork aswell, but if only necessary...i like the BHs...

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 16:56 Quote
id go with the demo,
i have a demo and im planning on racing this season.
also due to the low position of the shock it makes the bike have a lower centre of gravity and that will make it corner way better.
the head angle will make a big difference as well. i used to ride a stinky which had a 66.5 head angle and when i got going fast, i could feel it starting to wobble. but with the demo it will be alot stabler.

hope this helps

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 0:04 Quote
The demo is a better frame design with more weight centered on the lower section of the bike. When you are bombing through a rock garden the frame will move less up and down due to a more responsive suspension design, apposed to the big hit which is more of a extreme freeride type build. The headtube angle on the demo is setup more for dh racing as well.

I would say go for the demo if you are looking for your new dh rig.

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 15:06 Quote
yes get a demo i have a bighit and it is freeride oreinted a demo would be more responsive also buy a demo 7 and remove the spacer behind the bumper on the rear shock this will make it a demo 8 there is a thred about this

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 11:09 Quote
If I were on market for DH-rig, I would look other brands. Demo is pretty heavy frame to go with.

I own '06 Big Hit 2 with Boxxer Team and I think it's not holding me back in DH, for my skills. No doubt there are better frames for DH, but they can costs alone 1000€ more than complete Big Hit. Think about that...

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 22:20 Quote
well i would get the demo,cuz if you ever upgrade the shock instead of getting a shock with a length of 8.5X 2.375, you can get the shock with the length of 8.75X 2.75 and it will give you 1 more inch of travel, as much as a demo8 witch is 203mm.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006684
Mobile Version of Website