Rant Regarding Diamondback Mason

PB Forum :: Diamondback
Rant Regarding Diamondback Mason
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 15:54 Quote
I own a 2013 Diamondback Mason. Its a great bike. I love everything about it, Price, Spec, Geo etc.

However. I bent a derailleur hanger 8 weeks ago and still haven't been able to track one down.

I just got off the phone with Diamondback (800-222-5527). They don't have them in stock and they can't tell me when they will be getting new ones in.

They also said they are unable to get me shop drawings so I could get one easily made up at a machine shop.

In my opinion not stocking parts so people can continue to enjoy they bicycle is a pretty big red flag.

I did manage to get the diamondback part # not that it will ever be helpful. (#3268060)

My LBS claims their rep is fairly useless and has not been able to come up with anything either.

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 11:03 Quote
I just spoke with Patrick @ Raleigh Canada (The Diamondback Facebook page recommended this) 905-829-5555. He was super helpful. He got to the bottom of it and I now have a hanger on order and I should get it in 4-6 weeks.

Posted: Oct 11, 2014 at 8:01 Quote
Wow. My sortie hanger is bent and I have been contemplating ordering a new one. I hope it goes easy for me.

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 12:31 Quote
Finally got new hangers in the mail today from
Patrick @ Raleigh Canada
905-829-5555

Wow that took forever.

Side note: Patrick is the man. I am sure he did the best he could with the resources he had available.

Posted: Dec 6, 2014 at 19:34 Quote
I have found to go to an outside sourse for my derailuer hangers for my bikes.
http://www.derailleurhanger.com/diamondback.htm

Posted: Dec 7, 2014 at 14:20 Quote
The hanger for my sortie I could get anywhere company's e mailing me back saying they had over 400different types but not mine I orderd one that looked the same it arrived and was wrong .
handed it in at Ma local Dimondback dealer who sayed he should be able to get one hadn't heard from him so emailed dimondback pictures of the hanger the sent one back saying they had stock superb however because I wasint a dealer they wouldn't sell me one.
Back to local dealer to be told dimondback had no stock and they were on back order told him of my email to which he said well I can't get one.
I emailed them back telling them what dealer said and a got a reply back saying send my address and they would send one free of charge and 2days later there it was bike fixed.

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 at 18:12 Quote
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=191548799755&alt=web

I know this thread is a bit old, but I thought this might help...

Posted: Apr 20, 2015 at 12:45 Quote
longviewjunkie wrote:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=191548799755&alt=web

I know this thread is a bit old, but I thought this might help...

Dude, I just came here to paste this link! Just bought two of them.

Posted: Apr 20, 2015 at 12:52 Quote
Does anyone else have crap experiences with LBS's regarding this type of stuff? I managed to get the PN# from Diamondback. I called one of our little regional chains first. Dude I spoke to tried to turn me over to derailleurhangers.com. I was basically handing him a sale, all he had to do was call up DB and order the part that DB themselves supplied me. Other local LBS's didn't even respond at all.

Posted: Apr 20, 2015 at 15:54 Quote
DB doesn't do a good job of this kind of stuff. Too much focus on the low end of the market is their priories in the wrong place.

Posted: Apr 21, 2015 at 9:16 Quote
I just got the DB Sync'r a couple weeks ago. It came out of the box with a bent hanger. The place I ordered it would not call DB for me and just told me to deal with it. I could not locate a hanger anywhere on the web that looked remotely close to whats on the bike. So I called the support number on diamondback.com, I just wanted a single replacement and asked if I could buy a spare. Guy said he had no way of billing me, so he just tossed 2 hangers in the mail. Was on the phone less then 10 minutes.

Posted: Apr 21, 2015 at 10:39 Quote
Nice man. Dumb company structure. Raleigh america has a huge distribution structure. Why can't they service their high end line?

Posted: May 31, 2015 at 13:29 Quote
I have only own Diamondack bikes. I have learned that DB only wants you to go through a DB dealer. When I lived in Tahoe, the LBS I dealt with finally was able to convinced DB to send them some parts I needed for one of my bikes. The nearest DB dealer was close to 300 miles away at that time.

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2016 at 13:45 Quote
I have had replacement hangers for my DB-8 and a pedal axel replaced by Diamondback customer service in the last year. Both issues resolved immediately, parts in hand within a week. If you don't have a spare hanger already, you are wrong.... IMO.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012464
Mobile Version of Website