Replacement bike suggestions for Cannondale Prophet

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Replacement bike suggestions for Cannondale Prophet
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 10, 2014 at 6:30 Quote
As the title suggests, the time has come to think about replacing my beloved Cannondale Prophet! I'm interested to hear what people here think my options are. I'm not necessarily looking to buy only new (the money saved would be welcome) so if you can think of any decent 2nd hand options - I'm all ears. Specific requirements are as follows:

No more than 150mm travel front or rear
As cliche a as it sounds, something that's relatively good on the ups as well as the downs
Something with the same hard riding character of my prophet (I.e. Stiff, with an ability to plough through chop and rock gardens rather than pick my lines because of limitations with the bike)
Pretty pretty long top tube - I'm 6ft3 with orangutan like arms!
Head angle of no more than 68 deg ideally. Less steep if possible/adjustable geometry
Not an Orange Five!

The only thing that's caught my eye so far is a transition bandit 27.5....any other suggestions would be welcome!

Cheers

Current bike:
Current spec - I love this bike

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 4:20 Quote
my old ride.

I demo'ed loads of bikes, the only one that came close to a dialed prophet IMO was a devinci dixon, Freeborn bikes have demo rides often,

user writeup here

My 2011 Devinci Dixon SP custom build

then one day by chance at a demo day I tried a few Nicoai's... I ended up getting one lol a Helius CC, the AM is really nice too and a bit slacker. the FR is too much IMO for UK stuff.

both can be built up light XC style or meaty AM Smile

can be had for a good price on the secondhand market Wink

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 15:06 Quote
Try the giant trance. Will nea to upgrade rear shock for monarch if you wanna get the best. I think the team does though. That's 4,500 though.

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 9:34 Quote
Santa cruz heckler

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015214
Mobile Version of Website