Specialized rear shock options

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized rear shock options
Posted: Oct 5, 2016 at 2:09 Quote
hepe wrote:
i've got a stumpjumper comp 650b and would like to replace the stock fox shocks on it. i have a 200x57 cane creek inline lying around could it fit using the aftermarket bike yoke?

-is it TJ same E2E length as your stock shock? If so then it "should" fit. But, just so you're aware, any fox shock is better than the best cane creek air shock

Posted: Oct 22, 2016 at 20:16 Quote
I have a 2013 Spec Camber and as a BIGGER rider the rear shock sucks and I want to put a coil on it. Is it doable?

Rock Shox custom tuned Monarch RL Is what came with it. I know is specific with Spec branding made for them.

Posted: Oct 26, 2016 at 0:12 Quote
cbrogden7 wrote:
I have a 2013 Spec Camber and as a BIGGER rider the rear shock sucks and I want to put a coil on it. Is it doable?

Rock Shox custom tuned Monarch RL Is what came with it. I know is specific with Spec branding made for them.

HELL YES IT IS! I have a Fox DHX2 w/Ti Coil on my SW Enduro, best decision i ever made for that bike. 801-699-9038 is my shop phone, call me if you need answers

Tim

Posted: Oct 30, 2016 at 13:59 Quote
Just ordered a monarch rc3 plus denonair
197x48 for my 2016 stumpy 650b £329 in the uk. Fingers crossed its as good as they say it is.

Posted: Nov 7, 2016 at 8:42 Quote
billet65 wrote:
197x48 for my 2016 stumpy 650b £329 in the uk. Fingers crossed its as good as they say it is.

Even crossed fingers wont be enough..... call me when your RS shits the bed

Posted: Jan 3, 2017 at 6:25 Quote
billet65 wrote:

I just got a 2015 Stumpy Carbon Evo Expert 650b, and want to make the same change as you. But, looking at the Specialized specs for my bike it says the rear shock measures 194 x 51 mm, which equates to 7.675" x 2". On the aftermarket sites I am looking at, this size is specced for the 26" Stumpy, and I cannot find anywhere that specifically mentions this bike as one that will fit whatever shock. Before I drop the money, I want to try and make sure what I get will be correct. I see you got the 197 x 48, and wonder how that works out? I do not not mind trading out a small rise in BB height if that is what it takes, I ride in very rocky conditions...

Posted: Jan 9, 2017 at 13:56 Quote
Ushdog wrote:
Im quite new to mtb's and have just bought a 2011 stumpjumper fsr comp carbon.....reading alot of things online that they can be a pain to swap the rear shocks on........on the spec it says 7.75/1.9.....any options out there? Does anyone know if the rock shox monarch will fit? Help apreciated
I'm looking at purchasing a Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon bike . The owner states that the rear shock needs to be rebuilt . . Does anyone know how much it would cost to have this rebuilt? Would it be better to just buy a good used one? What shocks are compatible I'm trying to figure the total cost of the bike . It is a 2013 model.

Posted: Jan 9, 2017 at 18:31 Quote
Drogers1019 wrote:
Ushdog wrote:
Im quite new to mtb's and have just bought a 2011 stumpjumper fsr comp carbon.....reading alot of things online that they can be a pain to swap the rear shocks on........on the spec it says 7.75/1.9.....any options out there? Does anyone know if the rock shox monarch will fit? Help apreciated
I'm looking at purchasing a Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon bike . The owner states that the rear shock needs to be rebuilt . . Does anyone know how much it would cost to have this rebuilt? Would it be better to just buy a good used one? What shocks are compatible I'm trying to figure the total cost of the bike . It is a 2013 model.

It really depends on what exactly is wrong with the shock on the bike. Try asking him the reason for his saying it needs a rebuild. If it is just a case of a good service, it aint too much money depending on the thoroughness of the service, maybe 150 tops. If there is no major damage to the shock it's def worth it. Otherwise you could end up spending between 200 to 400 for a decent used shock, or even a new one at the top of that scale. It's worth spending enough to get a good shock, it makes all the difference. I'd go for either a Fox or Rockshox because you should be able to find plenty out there used. Make sure you get the right size tho!

Posted: Jan 9, 2017 at 20:42 Quote
He indicated that the shock was soft and the "brain " wasn't working properly . The bike is a good deal and if I have to spent 150 to 200 it's still a good deal .

Posted: Jan 10, 2017 at 3:09 Quote
I'm afraid the brain shocks are an unknown to me... not sure about them, altho I do see a lot of posts on them, and they do seem to be problematic.

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 0:08 Quote
I had a brain in my 2011 stumpy. I replaced it with the Bike Yoke and a Topaz from DVO. I was looking at the Rock Shock monarch+ but decided I wanted the DVO instead. I love it. Have read a lot of people like the RS upgrade. It comes with the proper linkage mount for the spec Yoke too. Also there is a guy (@viciouscycleworx) in this feed up above that does custom work on Fox shocks he might be worth a try. I think he even left his number in this string a while back. I would not try and rebuild the brain. I was quoted 400 to revacuum seal mine.

https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/products/rockshox-monarch-rt3-autosag-rear-shock-7-75-x-1-90-197-x-48mm-2016-sbc-stumpjumper-27-5-29-ryhme-27-5

You can get the product number here.

Posted: Jan 21, 2017 at 20:53 Quote
I've been searching heaps but haven't found an answer. I have a 2014 Specialized Enduro and would like to upgrade the rear shock (currently a Canecreek DB Air) to a Fox Shox DHX2. Is there a 'Specialized' version of this shock or is my only option using the aftermarket yoke? Also, anybody have any feedback on the aftermarket yoke yet?

Cheers!

Posted: Jan 21, 2017 at 21:13 Quote
yes sir, there are options all day. you can call me if you like, i can answer your questions, but theres a lot of info to give, and i prefer a wrench in my hand over a mouse Smile 801-699-9038

rdomain wrote:
I've been searching heaps but haven't found an answer. I have a 2014 Specialized Enduro and would like to upgrade the rear shock (currently a Canecreek DB Air) to a Fox Shox DHX2. Is there a 'Specialized' version of this shock or is my only option using the aftermarket yoke? Also, anybody have any feedback on the aftermarket yoke yet?

Cheers!

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2017 at 6:30 Quote
I have a 2013 epic, and am wondering what shocks that I could fit on it. I already know that I cannot get the exact same size, I would have to get a 190x51 instead of the 187x47 it comes with, and it will change my geometry a bit. I'm just not sure what shocks have the correct width of eyes that would fit in my frame.

Posted: Jan 22, 2017 at 8:28 Quote
the eyelet width are the least of your worries, theyre easily adapted, youll notice that the Epic specific shock is small in diameter, but high pressure, if yourre interesrted in retaining the world class climbing capability that the epic is known for, youll want to keep that in the forefront of your decision….

Deegan45 wrote:
I have a 2013 epic, and am wondering what shocks that I could fit on it. I already know that I cannot get the exact same size, I would have to get a 190x51 instead of the 187x47 it comes with, and it will change my geometry a bit. I'm just not sure what shocks have the correct width of eyes that would fit in my frame.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023141
Mobile Version of Website