26" wheel in 27.5" fork

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
26" wheel in 27.5" fork
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 13, 2014 at 14:33 Quote
Is it possible to run a 26" wheel in a 27.5" fork? Or would it be to flexy

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 4:49 Quote
As long as your axle matches the dropouts, a smaller wheel should always fit in a bigger fork.

As far as a bigger wheel in a smaller fork, you might have to provide some very specific wheels/tire/fork combinations to find out here.

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2014 at 16:44 Quote
Theoretically you could do it but your bottom bracket will drop down an inch and a half and almost be dragging on the ground. Don't do it!!

Posted: Aug 19, 2014 at 23:32 Quote
nate35 wrote:
Theoretically you could do it but your bottom bracket will drop down an inch and a half and almost be dragging on the ground. Don't do it!!

If the back end was also a 26" would it work, it's a bike that is designed for both wheel sizes

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 1:57 Quote
Gmancool99 wrote:
nate35 wrote:

If the back end was also a 26" would it work, it's a bike that is designed for both wheel sizes

So the bike is able to run 26 or 27.5? There must be some type of geometry adjustment to go from one to the other? You've definitely got me interested! What bike is this where talking about exactly?

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 2:30 Quote
Gmancool99 wrote:
nate35 wrote:

Are you changing from a 26" fork to a 650b fork or just swapping wheelsizes?

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 7:11 Quote
nate35 wrote:
Gmancool99 wrote:
nate35 wrote:

So the bike is able to run 26 or 27.5? There must be some type of geometry adjustment to go from one to the other? You've definitely got me interested! What bike is this where talking about exactly?

The new 2015 scott gambler

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 7:12 Quote
maccduff wrote:
Gmancool99 wrote:
nate35 wrote:

Are you changing from a 26" fork to a 650b fork or just swapping wheelsizes?

It's a 650b fork, just swapping wheel sizes without splashing out for a new fork

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 11:53 Quote
I just check out the scott website and it's saying that the gambler is a 26" bike. (might be 2014 info still on the site) Didn't say anything about swapping from 26" to 650b" or vice verse. You may want to contact them and ask before doing anything. You could also post this question in the Scott bikes forum section and maybe get an answer there. I'm interested in what happens..... never heard of a bike that could run either 26" or 27.5" yet but I like the idea of it!! Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 13:16 Quote
nate35 wrote:
I just check out the scott website and it's saying that the gambler is a 26" bike. (might be 2014 info still on the site) Didn't say anything about swapping from 26" to 650b" or vice verse. You may want to contact them and ask before doing anything. You could also post this question in the Scott bikes forum section and maybe get an answer there. I'm interested in what happens..... never heard of a bike that could run either 26" or 27.5" yet but I like the idea of it!! Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Thanks I will keep the forum updated as I'm interested to see if it would work, here is a link to the gambler http://www.scott-sports.com/us/en/products/238265/SCOTT-Gambler-730-Bike/

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 13:55 Quote
Gmancool99 wrote:
nate35 wrote:

Thanks I will keep the forum updated as I'm interested to see if it would work, here is a link to the gambler http://www.scott-sports.com/us/en/products/238265/SCOTT-Gambler-730-Bike/

I followed your link and it looks as if the BB, CS, and HA are all adjustable to run 26" or 27.5" (go to the "technology" tab for full details)...... Looks f*cking awesome!! Geometry looks really good to me no matter what size tire is on there do to the adjustments you can make. Going back to your original question, I wouldn't think that the fork would be to flexy at all with the 26" wheel. If you think about it, the fork length is the same no matter what size wheel is on there so it should have the same level of stiffness regardless of wheel size. Bike looks sick! Enjoy!!

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 14:04 Quote
This. Is. SIIIICK

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 8:38 Quote
Has anyone tried a 27.5 wheel on an X-Fusion Slant? It looks like there is a lot of room with my 26" wheel on there...

Posted: Sep 26, 2014 at 20:00 Quote
Canfield Balance allows you to run either 26" or that other size.

Posted: Sep 27, 2014 at 4:57 Quote
Boardlife69 wrote:
Canfield Balance allows you to run either 26" or that other size.

Yes but with a 170 fork for 26 to compensate for the bb lowering..

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.038032
Mobile Version of Website