Playful DH bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
Playful DH bikes
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 10, 2014 at 19:14 Quote
I've only owned two dh bikes. The Kona carbon operator, is a lot more playful than the nukeproof scalp i had and the geo numbers and leverage curves definitely go with how they feel for me. The kona with its short top tube/long reach/short chainstay is a squirly little cornering ,jump monster.. the scalp with the long chainstay was a plower.. but it was a ton of fun too..

Posted: Sep 10, 2014 at 20:06 Quote
The Yeti 303RDH is a super fun bike! Tons of control in the air and super easy to whip. I just bought a Nukeproof Scalp frame (first ride tomorrow!) so we'll see how that goes. From what I've heard, you can't go wrong with the demo for park riding!

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 1:36 Quote
Morewood Kalula.
180mm front and rear, just what your looking for.
I know because I have one :-)

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 6:51 Quote
Tr250 frame and shock can be had for under $1500

Trek scratch '09, '10, similar to the session, but 180mm and slight different geo.

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 12:54 Quote
how much travel are you looking for? canfields are nice.

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 13:30 Quote
Canfield Jedi, nippy, nimble and loves to jump.

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 13:32 Quote
Cant recommend a TR 250 enough. Super playful on the trails, makes ever little dip and bump an opportunity to get in the air and throw it around. With that said I'll also recommend the status or sx trail. They both feel pretty similar as far as playfullness. Not quite as smooth in the rough stuff but still handles everything in stride.

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 18:03 Quote
Thanks for all of the responses guys, I was pretty close to picking up a Kalula frame, funds have become rather tight though and can't justify getting a whole new bike when I should be saving for school :/

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010485
Mobile Version of Website