Your longest ride

• Previous Page
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 15:44 Quote
simple question. whats the farthest you have ridden your bike?

say what unit it is in (km/miles) to avoid confusion.

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 at 7:42 Quote
For a 14 yr old that's really good! Keep it up & you'll be a good racer!
My longest ride on dirt was 102km around Mt. Burns in K-Country. My buddy had 7 flats!
On the road it was 122 km from Beddington to Allen Bill Pond.
My longest day on a bike was 10hrs, we rode 89km,(not including hike-a-bike) 14,000ft of elevation gain, and rode into BC on the Weary Creek Gap to Fording River Pass.

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 at 7:45 Quote
I don't about distance but the longest time I've spent on a bike was around 12 hours and that was with maybe an hour combined time for breaks. I went on one long solo ride, then on the way back I met up with another group of riders and headed out for a group ride.

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 at 7:52 Quote
Longest ever was about 30km, took me 1.5 hour to do it, really sucks doing a longer distance on a Streetbike, but I made it...rode back too in 2 hours.

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 at 7:56 Quote
Longest i've ever ridden was 36 miles, with no bearings in my rear wheel for like 33 of them... (i was like 13 and doing a race on my old Saracen) it was just the axle on the bearing surfaces, sooo much effort.

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 at 8:02 Quote
I did a 50 mile race. It was through a drive river that crosses my hometown, Monterrey, Mexico.

The race consisted of 80 km total. Half of the course was uphill at about 8 meters per kilometer.

I finished in 4 hours. It was an awesome experience. Most of the terrain was gravel and hard packed dirt as well as small sections of river rocks that where tricky to handle.

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 at 8:21 Quote
me and my friend were biking, and we went to one end of town, then went to the other end of town to the music store. then biked up a hill, rode to the next town, went down a road that was on a big hill, at the end of that road, we turned right and started biking to the next town after that. grabbed an apple from the orchard, then kept biking. went to buddies aunts house, drank some water, biked home.

must of been like 30 KM or more, I don't know. from my house, the dock, music store, down hill, then to his aunts. then the way back, but didn't bike as far since we went straight home

it was cool, we just biked, biked.... we biked from in town, to the boonies, to a highway, to another town. then back.

I'd do it again. it was fun

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 at 8:27 Quote
Once I decided to go for a ride with my dirt bike without deciding the route beforehand, i.e. just cruising around. Well, I ended up riding the whole day, 8hrs or something, and covered a distance of about 100km (~62 miles). I had a lot of fun although I was pretty wasted when I got back home. I had pedaled continuously away from the city, so wasn't able to take a shortcut on the way back. The worst thing was that I hadn't realised this until I had ridden for about 3 hours. Well, thankfully I wasn't yet running ss but 8 gears. It helped a lot especially on the way back Rolleyes

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 at 8:27 Quote
40 miles
i dunno what that is in kilometres... I got bored Geek
and i was 12

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 at 8:39 Quote
My friend and I rode like 25-30 miles in around 4 hours, about half of it was on the trails and the other half was using roads to get back to my house.

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 at 8:52 Quote
100 km in 3 hours. To far

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 at 8:59 Quote
my longest training has been with the road bike 230 km (9 hrs)
my longest road race where 160 km
and my longest mtb race was a few months ago in a marathon race in the fuerteventura island 150 km in 6:22 hrs.
photo

photo

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 at 9:01 Quote
Ive riden from France to Belgium which is 67329633187 metres i think!!

My firend boykake has riden about 3 metres but he always falls off!

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 at 9:27 Quote
This is the best i got. Back in the summer, I was on a bmx, and my friends were on mtb. The lime green line is the way there, and the dark the ride back

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj158/_BedOfRazors_/maproute.jpg
A day well spent

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 at 9:34 Quote
dayum thats alot of maccy dees

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015122
Mobile Version of Website