The Trails Thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The Trails Thread
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 3:58 Quote
Just thought it might be an idea to make a thread for the trails riders on here. share your trails, digging tips, videos, ask about bike setups, tools, and general salty trail talk. all wheel sizes allowed, as long as its trails it all cool.

heres us testing out some of the new line, the hip is already half way to being completely rebuilt and the berm needs to be stacked still... the work never stops!

Views: 688    Faves: 1    Comments: 0

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 6:16 Quote
Aren't there a couple of these threads now? For example "builders discussion and rant zone"

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 19:57 Quote
I ride 20" street, but would love to get into some trails riding. I recently came into a situation where I have a decent amount of space to build a jump line. My thoughts are to build some real big bombholes. Like 10ft deep. Any thoughts, ideas, tips, suggestions, concerns, or warnings?

Btw I have the equipment and funding to rent machines and stuff to go with my plan so that shouldn't be a problem.

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 20:16 Quote
Drainage would be a concern, try shave the ground so its level, and dig drain trenches to run off to the side. If its dead flat you can make rhe middle beterrn the lip and lander lower, and drain into there.

Posted: Aug 29, 2014 at 1:02 Quote
durza11 wrote:
I ride 20" street, but would love to get into some trails riding. I recently came into a situation where I have a decent amount of space to build a jump line. My thoughts are to build some real big bombholes. Like 10ft deep. Any thoughts, ideas, tips, suggestions, concerns, or warnings?

Btw I have the equipment and funding to rent machines and stuff to go with my plan so that shouldn't be a problem.

Dig it by hand, and drop ground level a foot or two. Just dig a big shallow Hole with the jump in the middle, then make a clay put and surface the jumps in that. If you haven't built trails ever don't use diggers

Posted: Aug 29, 2014 at 1:04 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
Drainage would be a concern, try shave the ground so its level, and dig drain trenches to run off to the side. If its dead flat you can make rhe middle beterrn the lip and lander lower, and drain into there.

You probably don't get this but if you drain to the middle of jumps in an area that does et prolonged flooding (I.e. uk winter) it causes jumps to collapse

Posted: Aug 29, 2014 at 12:05 Quote
Actually I have built several trails and jumps before, I just never talk about it because they weren't anything special. Just some DH/Freeride lines and small jump lines. I have experience in excavation and landscaping so using diggers really isn't uncomfortable for me.

Drainage is a concern for me as our property is flatter than a white girl's ass. I was thinking of digging a separate pit and running some culverts to it for drainage but that could get a little pricey.

Posted: Aug 30, 2014 at 4:52 Quote
Australia has such a good scene, its a shame it never makes it to mainstream bmx. Hillfire in the ACT are ridiculous. so is Chris Harti.

https://vimeo.com/104287101

Posted: Sep 2, 2014 at 23:49 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
Australia has such a good scene, its a shame it never makes it to mainstream bmx. Hillfire in the ACT are ridiculous. so is Chris Harti.

https://vimeo.com/104287101
That was rad.

On a different note:
Been having a problem with sliding out when I do moto-whips, should I just stop doing them on dirt or maybe change up my technique or something?

Posted: Sep 3, 2014 at 0:08 Quote
Change of technique, never enough whips on trails!

Id need to see a vid to see whats going on, try pointing your baea forward and being centred or a little forward when nosing in.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012214
Mobile Version of Website