Tyre advice

PB Forum :: Downhill
Tyre advice
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 9, 2014 at 0:36 Quote
hi I have a specailzed stauts 2 the tyre I have on the bike are super slow rolling speed

what tyre recommened fast rolling speed and grippy

Posted: Sep 9, 2014 at 2:41 Quote
Continental kaiser! Awesome tyre can't go wrong Wink good rolling tyres are often thinner my 2.4 kaisers roll fine and are capable of some fast speeds but typically a thinner tyre obviously causes less friction so will go faster, also look for a harder compound, grip may be lost in the corners but on a fast open section will be slightly better.

Posted: Sep 9, 2014 at 3:23 Quote
Try tubeless as they tend to roll a lot faster.

You can't go wrong with Maxxis, Schwalbe, Kenda, Continental.

I use the Kenda Nexcavator tubeless tyre.

Posted: Sep 9, 2014 at 4:33 Quote
I was looking at going tubless

I just find my bike has no rolling speed what so ever ..

Posted: Sep 9, 2014 at 7:36 Quote
Tubeless will definitely help then. Although getting the tyre tubeless will drive you crazy. Switched few months back to tubeless and am riding a lot faster as a result.

Posted: Sep 9, 2014 at 13:39 Quote
How do I go about it pal ? What kit and tyres will I need ...

Is it that much better !

Posted: Sep 9, 2014 at 14:09 Quote
Depending on your rims... you may need new rims, but will need tubeless tyres, loads of rim tape, some kind of caffe latex to seal any air holes and a track pump. Oh and tubeless valves.

Certainly decreases the amount of time you spend dealing with punctures. I'd say give them ago, you might decide the faffing isn't worth it and you can easily change to tubes again but don't lose much giving it a shot. Will certainly solve your slow rolling tyre problem.

Posted: Sep 9, 2014 at 15:10 Quote
That's wild didn't think make massive difference will look on chain reaction see if they supply kits

Posted: Sep 17, 2014 at 8:55 Quote
Butchers DH are killer tires with good rolling characteristics. I would use it as the front and replace your rear with a Slaughter 2.3 if you are going to switch anything. Def go tubeless.

If you don't have 2bliss ready rims you can go ghetto tubeless this way on the cheap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByBAItDM3Ws

If you're going to buy wheels, I love Stans Flow EX's. They take a punishing and are reasonable. Also, one of the best tubeless seals you can get.

Tires you have are good to go tubeless. The sealant may slowly leak thru the walls for a bit but they'll seal up in time.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011358
Mobile Version of Website