Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Jun 18, 2015 at 4:30 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Giladgu wrote:
Sick! Schools over so im gonna be trying to ride and post pics every day

heah do it...hows that ankle? heal up.
its fine. I can still ride it just hurts to walk

Posted: Jun 18, 2015 at 6:23 Quote
Just got an email from the company I work for saying that we can ride for free at...

-Crested Butte Resort
-Angel Fire, NM Resort
-Streamboat Resort
-Winter Park Resprt

I'm guessing all of these are bike parks. Anyone ride at any of these before? I live in Aspen and just started riding a few months ago but would love to take the opportunity to ride some new places...especially for free.

Posted: Jun 18, 2015 at 8:29 Quote
zachdlux wrote:
Just got an email from the company I work for saying that we can ride for free at...

-Crested Butte Resort
-Angel Fire, NM Resort
-Streamboat Resort
-Winter Park Resprt

I'm guessing all of these are bike parks. Anyone ride at any of these before? I live in Aspen and just started riding a few months ago but would love to take the opportunity to ride some new places...especially for free.

where do you work...and are you hiring ? Wink ... all bike parks with life access... I have not ridden any of those but find it hard to imagine any of them would suck...free yes please...Have fun!

Posted: Jun 18, 2015 at 9:51 Quote
I'm tempted to go and work at angel fire during winter, friend did and says it is rad! Plus free snowboard/sky time

Great job you have! Go and enjoy those parks. In the mean time buy some protection

Posted: Jun 18, 2015 at 9:58 Quote
its-chris wrote:
I'm tempted to go and work at angel fire during winter, friend did and says it is rad! Plus free snowboard/sky time

Great job you have! Go and enjoy those parks. In the mean time buy some protection

Yea, I work for Aspen Ski Co which gives me a free ski/summer pass to the four Aspen Mtns and plenty others in Colorado that we are partnered with for an exchange program. Now we have the bike parks as well as an exchange program. Pretty awesome benefits. I'll certainly try to get to some of these this summer.

Posted: Jun 18, 2015 at 10:21 Quote
Oh cool that's is nice. If you can afford the time to get away and hit them please do and by all means let us come with you vicariously via this thread tup

Posted: Jun 18, 2015 at 20:00 Quote
zachdlux wrote:

-Crested Butte Resort
-Angel Fire, NM Resort
-Streamboat Resort
-Winter Park Resprt

Winter Park (Trestle Bike Park) is a good time! They have it all, flow jump lines (rain maker, no quarter, cruel and unusual), fast tech stuff (space ape) along with some greens. It is not too far for you and I would definitely check it out. You'll need a downhill bike or solid all mountain rig unless you get the rentals for free as well... that would be a pretty sweet deal.

Be warned, once you taste lift assisted downhill, you'll be a junky.

Have fun!

Posted: Jun 21, 2015 at 9:25 Quote
Been riding a fair amount but no pictures. But got out last night after work for "dinner" in one of my favorite spots. Oh and new bike rocks!

Dinner is served.
  Dinner is served.

Posted: Jun 21, 2015 at 9:35 Quote
Extra points for matching beer can with hubs and pedals.

Seems like an awesome place

Posted: Jun 21, 2015 at 9:44 Quote
its-chris wrote:
Extra points for matching beer can with hubs and pedals.

Seems like an awesome place

Mountain biking is all about the matching kit! ENDURO!!!!

Trails in this spot are probably 75% broken up rock face 25% dirt.

Some old pics.
This rock goes all they way down to the water and is rideable.
Awesome fun slick rock my Basin lake. rocks rolls smoothy and steeply down to the water. Great fun.
  Awesome fun slick rock my Basin lake. rocks rolls smoothy and steeply down to the water. Great fun.

View from Widow Maker.
  View from Widow Maker.

Posted: Jun 21, 2015 at 9:47 Quote
That is Awesome!! Never have had seen something like that. It is an awesome place, ridding there might be impressive

Posted: Jun 21, 2015 at 10:01 Quote
wow skid that's some cool looking stuff thereSmile

Posted: Jun 21, 2015 at 13:30 Quote
Went out to the local trail area Duthie Hill for a morning run. It must have been me but I was struggling to get moving. It was warm for an 9am start and getting humid, which is rare in the Seattle area. Oh well, turned into a good ride as we rode the XC trails and a few of the jump lines but ended early as the place was turning into a day at the carnival with families hitting the trail for Father's Day. Finished up with some bitchen Mexican food in town.

Posted: Jun 21, 2015 at 13:34 Quote
Rode some waves just now. Was out in the water for about 4 hours. Such a nice day out.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013277
Mobile Version of Website