Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 10:56 Quote
I am on the shop computer. Maybe I should...

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 11:05 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
I am on the shop computer. Maybe I should...

Try 106lb asian instead .. safer option

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 19:06 Quote
Mine's a 115 pound asian with Ds... well, she's half Japanese.

Anyway, yesterday I got home from a backpacking trip in Sequoia National Park, and my lord, that park is amazing. Absolutely loved it. Stayed one night, and covered just about 12 miles one way, starting at just under 3500 feet, and hitting a max elevation of just over 5800 feet. My legs were like jello when I was done and have a nice blister on my right heel. Got to see a black bear about 30-40 yards away on the hike back which was pretty damn sweet, first one I've seen in the wilderness.

This weekend two people died in that park. On Saturday heading out of the park with the family, we were stopped by emergency personnel prepping to get into the river to go after a 21-year-old woman who slipped and fell in, a guy had pulled her out of the water but I guess she was pronounced dead on the scene. And on Sunday, the day I headed out for my overnight stay, I guess they did a search for a guy who fell climbing to summit on Whitney, I saw the helicopter head out to him. Glad I wasn't on that list too!

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 21:05 Quote
That makes 5 of us!!! The L train would be gutted if she didn't​ get to mess with you!

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 7:35 Quote
The L Train can still mess with me and with get presents from the Cali Santa. I'll be getting pics up asap, took over 800 this weekend.

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 20:06 Quote
photo
photo
photo

Here's a few shots from the weekend.

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 21:05 Quote
sweet Stu... hey I just read the harder they come by TC Boyle this weekend on vaca....its like your Adam.... now go read.

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 21:14 Quote
here's some of Palm Springs... only hiking this time... not enough time to put it together... oh and hot as FAWK! 102 98 always hovering around 100 ish...

Morning hike baddassery palm springs Cali

Morning hike baddassery.

This Chuckwalla was about a foot long and whacked me with his tail hard.

Rode this around town for a free hour rental... Guys at the shop were nice. This weighs I would guess in the 50-60+ Lbs. Fun things for tourists checking out the layout of the town for cheap, Wife and I had a blast geeking around looking at architecture (lots of cool mid century stuff in p.s)... I cant see anything that would be a benefit in the mountain biking realm, other than buzzing around on logging roads but what's the point...

The boys at Pedego Palm Springs hooked us up with a couple free Hour rentals

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 21:17 Quote
Y u no send me lizard?

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 21:25 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Y u no send me lizard?

I couldn't grab him....to strong... too powerful... too crafty

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 23:19 Quote
Thanks Fred.

Right on Sterling, Palm Springs is looking pretty rad. I'll have to add that book to the list.

Couple more:
photo
photo

In the top one you can see the big rock slab that's in the other picture off in the distance. (it's just above and to the right of my head)

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 6:29 Quote
Beautiful range... I really like the one of you sitting by the tent... Feels like camping.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016386
Mobile Version of Website