StUone7 wrote:
It was camping Razz

Eek

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 8:38 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
It was camping Razz

Eek

That was my home for the night. 12 miles into the wilderness, solo, right next a river. It was quite nice.

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 9:57 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
It was camping Razz

Eek

That was my home for the night. 12 miles into the wilderness, solo, right next a river. It was quite nice.

I would like that about now....

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 10:17 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Eek

I would like that about now....

I could use a couple more days.

O+
Posted: May 1, 2017 at 12:50 Quote
Anybody out here live in or around San Diego? I have an opportunity to live there with a friend and go to sdsu however I'm sceptical because lack of mountains. How far do you have to drive and how good is the riding? I have pretty high standards, being from norcal and all

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 13:47 Quote
sopro13 wrote:
Anybody out here live in or around San Diego? I have an opportunity to live there with a friend and go to sdsu however I'm sceptical because lack of mountains. How far do you have to drive and how good is the riding? I have pretty high standards, being from norcal and all

I think its like an hour up to laguna beach which has some killer stuff and connects to more stuff.... But SD has to have something close eh?

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 14:16 Quote
I've ridden there once. I have a buddy who went to SDSU and I visited him and rode once, we were supposed to ride more, but we were always too hungover. Oh well. There's definitely lots of riding down there though. Alpine is about an hour west, and I don't think Temecula is too far away. Real dry dusty and rocky trails.

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 14:29 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
I've ridden there once. I have a buddy who went to SDSU and I visited him and rode once, we were supposed to ride more, but we were always too hungover. Oh well. There's definitely lots of riding down there though. Alpine is about an hour west, and I don't think Temecula is too far away. Real dry dusty and rocky trails.

Cant speak to SD specifically but yes...dry dusty and rocky are very good ways to describe it down here in southern california...i call it moondust.

the dust granules are really fine and really coat your gear/bike really nice...its awesome. that being said - our local online forums are noting that a lot of SD trails are in jeopardy of losing mtb access daily. lot of contentiousness regarding land use down there right now.

granted, im sure that there is still a lot of goood riding down there. Noble canyon, i hear is super fun. the weather is always awesome down there too...nice and cool, never too hot.

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 14:33 Quote
Noble Canyon, yes. I wanted to go there super badly.

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 14:45 Quote
ledude wrote:
StUone7 wrote:

Cant speak to SD specifically but yes...dry dusty and rocky are very good ways to describe it down here in southern california...i call it moondust.

the dust granules are really fine and really coat your gear/bike really nice...its awesome. that being said - our local online forums are noting that a lot of SD trails are in jeopardy of losing mtb access daily. lot of contentiousness regarding land use down there right now.

granted, im sure that there is still a lot of goood riding down there. Noble canyon, i hear is super fun. the weather is always awesome down there too...nice and cool, never too hot.
I guess i am lucky to have 8000 vertical feet and an ample supply of trails literally from my front door hearing all thIS, but I think I have seen some cool vids posted from riders from SD area.I am a hater of those anti mtb use people.

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 14:50 Quote
slaker wrote:
ledude wrote:
StUone7 wrote:

I guess i am lucky to have 8000 vertical feet and an ample supply of trails literally from my front door hearing all thIS, but I think I have seen some cool vids posted from riders from SD area.I am a hater of those anti mtb use people.

yea, i hate you Big Grin

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 14:52 Quote
Very fortunate Slaker.

O+
Posted: May 1, 2017 at 16:32 Quote
Thanks for the feedback everyone. It sounds like there is a good amount of riding in the SD area, maybe not the kind of riding that I'm used to, but good nonetheless. Hopefully I'll make a trip out there soon and see what it's like in person

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 17:14 Quote
It's an amazing place. I love the beach and have gotten into surfing so that helps me love it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014212
Mobile Version of Website