Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 21:43 Quote
Hey at the people who live in the washington area, I'm looking at washington state uni, do you know if there is any riding near Pulman where it's at? Looking at options for an exchange program and well riding is always welcome! haha
Thanks

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 22:55 Quote
pasteldepapa wrote:
Hey at the people who live in the washington area, I'm looking at washington state uni, do you know if there is any riding near Pulman where it's at? Looking at options for an exchange program and well riding is always welcome! haha
Thanks

That zone seems pretty sparce, mostly desert xc ... I'm sure theres something but not known for it... Can you get to Western Wa U?

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 5:33 Quote
On that same note how about university or Washington in Seattle? How are the trails in the area and how long does it take to get out of the city and into some riding

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 5:50 Quote
Pastel, Pullman is actually fairly close to some interesting riding, you have Idaho nearby as well, but as sterling says, dry land with lots of grasses and crops (wheat).
Ive ridden at Moscow mountain Idaho which about 20 minutes out of Pullman. Here is an MTBR forum about Pullman;
http://forums.mtbr.com/washington/pullman-mt-biking-754972.html

G, if you live in Seattle area you are golden. Tons of riding and fairly easy access, and you know a couple of creepers who know how have good time out on the trails.

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 6:33 Quote
Thanks guys! The latest info I can access my uni only has exchange programs with Washington state, but I will ask around some more

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 6:45 Quote
pasteldepapa wrote:
Thanks guys! The latest info I can access my uni only has exchange programs with Washington state, but I will ask around some more

Pullman is fun though! And it is pretty darn beautiful as it is rolling hills of green and yellow. Fun little college town. Hot summers and freezing cold winters.

There are two mountain bike parks within driving distance: Schweitzer and silver mountain. So that may help!

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 6:47 Quote
It does chef! Do you know anything about the street scene? Any bmx or dirt jump riding around?

Looking at the map i assume it's like 6-8 hours driving distance from Vancouver also right?

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 7:08 Quote
pasteldepapa wrote:
It does chef! Do you know anything about the street scene? Any bmx or dirt jump riding around?

Looking at the map i assume it's like 6-8 hours driving distance from Vancouver also right?

I can pretty sure there is a street scene there, the campus is expansive and a ton of students roaming around looking for stuff to do! It looks like there are a few skate parks and I think there might be a set of dirt jumps out there as well.

it would honestly depend on how you drive it but you figure 4.5 to 5 hours to get to Seattle area, then another 2 hours to Vancouver. You also have Bend, OR a couple of hours drive away from Pullman as well. long story short, if you are willing to drive, you can go to some badass areas and hang with some pretty cool people. oh and drink great beer....

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 7:40 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
pasteldepapa wrote:

I can pretty sure there is a street scene there, the campus is expansive and a ton of students roaming around looking for stuff to do! It looks like there are a few skate parks and I think there might be a set of dirt jumps out there as well.

it would honestly depend on how you drive it but you figure 4.5 to 5 hours to get to Seattle area, then another 2 hours to Vancouver. You also have Bend, OR a couple of hours drive away from Pullman as well. long story short, if you are willing to drive, you can go to some badass areas and hang with some pretty cool people. oh and drink great beer....

The entire Oregon, Washington, BC corridor is pretty damn hard to beat for riding and beer. Seattle has some of the worst traffic around though.

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 7:51 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
On that same note how about university or Washington in Seattle? How are the trails in the area and how long does it take to get out of the city and into some riding

Seattle... Count on at least an hour.... I may still be bitter and want to punch Seattle in its face for being so trafficky... Why I came north... Wink lotta kids dont even have a car in bellingham... World class trails in every direction 10-30 min peddle...

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 8:12 Quote
I wonder how the traffick up there compared to down here... Thered be some great riding in the northern parts of California too, but I think the emerald triangle makes it a bit sketch.

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 8:21 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
I wonder how the traffick up there compared to down here... Thered be some great riding in the northern parts of California too, but I think the emerald triangle makes it a bit sketch.

Bonus leafery?

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 8:24 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
StUone7 wrote:

Bonus leafery?

Yup. And neanderthals protecting it.

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 8:45 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
StUone7 wrote:

Bonus leafery?

snicker snicker... no mas hippies eh? You Read T.C. Boyles Budding Prospects? killer book... about that zone.

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 10:21 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Bonus leafery?

snicker snicker... no mas hippies eh? You Read T.C. Boyles Budding Prospects? killer book... about that zone.

Hippies, rednecks, neanderthals. Whatevs. I have not but I bet it's an interesting read.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012689
Mobile Version of Website