Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 7:59 Quote
I was wondering about that chef... Still tons of snow up there....

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 11:32 Quote
Well brakes for the Stumpjumper are ready to be picked up whenever I get the opportunity. Haven't busted open the command post, but I do have the seal kit for that. Depending how that looks, I'll either go through with replacing the seals or get a Hilo SL for $150, then will be good to go for a mountain bike. And then tomorrow going back to the Hook to do some surfing with my friend who has never been to Santa Cruz before... I don't get how.

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 11:34 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
Well brakes for the Stumpjumper are ready to be picked up whenever I get the opportunity. Haven't busted open the command post, but I do have the seal kit for that. Depending how that looks, I'll either go through with replacing the seals or get a Hilo SL for $150, then will be good to go for a mountain bike. And then tomorrow going back to the Hook to do some surfing with my friend who has never been to Santa Cruz before... I don't get how.

I did a basic service on the command post at one point, it really was straight forward. The internals are another story, but feel like i have seen a how to on an mtbr forum. I will say that the command post was a solid one for what it was and the price i paid for mine. My only complaint (and its a complaint with the large majority of no stealth posts) is the damn loop of housing when the post is dropped.

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 11:51 Quote
Pinkbike has a good Tech Tuesday tutorial for it. I don't mind the external housing, never seemed to get in my way on either bike.

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 12:04 Quote
esteban36 wrote:
scjeremy wrote:
One of my favorite ways to torture myself. Epic build site on state park property right off the main fire road. I always stop here and daydream about a line. There's a nice natural drop off this ridge, step up right here, then fast flowy lines out of this half pipe.
Ridge 1
Jump goes here
Awesome ride today. Very few jumps, barely any tech, all vry fast and loose with natural flow.
That half pipe is an old skid road from when they logged it however long ago. I'm out there every weekend.
I did pig/bacon to doughnut hole to sideshow. It's so good right now. Been riding mostly at ucsc and was really digging going fast on loose and loamy natural lines. Have you been out to demo since it re opened?

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 14:50 Quote
ooooo so I was putting off an increasingly painfull toothache to go to whistler... chomping on profin and Alieves like candy... turns out My rear molar broke a huge chunk off on a truck taco a couple of months ago... shazbot... Root Canal time....But got that whiss in! Priorities my friends.

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 19:05 Quote
Got some shots of me blowing up a berm at the park today:

Blowing up berms at keystone. Cuttie the dust off the trail no brakes.
Blowing up berms at keystone.

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 23:13 Quote
sweet bermdustin'z

Chef / Stu ~ Here you go... last run totally cooked & barely hanging on after riding this stuff for hours... hit hand on tree at :25 seconds in...last statement sums it up.

Views: 115    Faves: 0    Comments: 9

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 23:22 Quote
Rad dude, some awesome bit of trail. Sounds like you were ready for nap time.

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 23:37 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
Rad dude, some awesome bit of trail. Sounds like you were ready for nap time.

yes... nap...

O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2017 at 9:47 Quote
Brakes screaming, hands clawed, you done!

Posted: Jun 24, 2017 at 12:13 Quote
was going to ride today, got up early with no energy dragged myself out of the bed and felt backwards asleep again... been in a grumpy mode all day but f*ck it....

photo

washed and polished the Marley

Posted: Jun 24, 2017 at 15:41 Quote
Hell yeah! Marley looking good.

here's another little clip of a few sections strung together. sorry you have to put up with my goofiness...

Views: 88    Faves: 1    Comments: 8

Posted: Jun 24, 2017 at 18:31 Quote
its-chris wrote:
was going to ride today, got up early with no energy dragged myself out of the bed and felt backwards asleep again... been in a grumpy mode all day but f*ck it....

photo

Awsome! Just curious why are you back on the Marley?

Posted: Jun 24, 2017 at 19:02 Quote
its-chris wrote:

photo

one word :coffee

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021074
Mobile Version of Website