PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 13:33 Quote
I would die right now... soooooo outta shapes

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 13:36 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I would die right now... soooooo outta shapes

I’d die even if I was in shape! It’s been so long since I’ve even thought about doing a 5+ hour double digit epic of any sort. I was probably still in my 20’s when that last occurred and definitly before marriage and kids... Some day I’ll get back on the saddle for a ride like that.

No ride for me this week, got smacked with food poisoning and pulled a muscle in my shoulders and stomach from the retching. Now off to Vegas for work... gonna be another week.

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 13:47 Quote
Oh my.... hope you can blame someone other than yourself for the poisoning!!!! ☠️☠️☠️

I got a leg cramp on a 3 hour 3k ride yesterday.... and it was not that hard

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 13:50 Quote
Bleh, that sounds brutally awful Chef.

I’m up in the woods in Willits enjoying some relaxing time with my aunt and uncle focusing on getting some reading done, but damn do I wish I had my bike with me.

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 15:05 Quote
You’d think an Irish pub the week of st Patrick’s could be trusted for a solid Ruben sandwich, but nope. Not at all.... Pulled off the infamous fill two buckets at once routine... thankfully no finale was given.

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 15:07 Quote
esteban36 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Holy Shitz’s
Damn Slaker! I’m inviting myself out there and you have to take me on an epic loop like that! I know I’m road tripping out that way at some point before I go to Retallack in September...

I love 10,000 foot days!
Sweet, maybe we will do Smokey city if you don't mind ridiculous long mostly dirt road climb but best downhill for sure or if you want mostly single track could link up multiple loops,The ride I did yesterday can be done many different ways but as a loop starts with nasty 13.5% average grade climb but make it worse I didn't want to deal with hikers yesterday so I went around the back way which involved some 25% grade hike a bike.Smokey city is my favorite,Its around 7,000 in a day ridden from town, 10 miles of the climb is closed to cars and the rest has light traffic.

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 15:57 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
You’d think an Irish pub the week of st Patrick’s could be trusted for a solid Ruben sandwich, but nope. Not at all.... Pulled off the infamous fill two buckets at once routine... thankfully no finale was given.
Oh man! That sucks, or blows I guess! Sorry chef!

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 15:59 Quote
slaker wrote:
esteban36 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Holy Shitz’s
Damn Slaker! I’m inviting myself out there and you have to take me on an epic loop like that! I know I’m road tripping out that way at some point before I go to Retallack in September...

I love 10,000 foot days!
Sweet, maybe we will do Smokey city if you don't mind ridiculous long mostly dirt road climb but best downhill for sure or if you want mostly single track could link up multiple loops,The ride I did yesterday can be done many different ways but as a loop starts with nasty 13.5% average grade climb but make it worse I didn't want to deal with hikers yesterday so I went around the back way which involved some 25% grade hike a bike.Smokey city is my favorite,Its around 7,000 in a day ridden from town, 10 miles of the climb is closed to cars and the rest has light traffic.
I’m game for anything and you’re trail boss! I’ll be on my enduro, but I can climb the shit out of that thing! Saves my old back on the downhills and makes up for all my mistakes! I’ll let you know when the time nears.

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 21:40 Quote
hyped to ride Demo tomorrow. gonna try for 2 flow laps and 1 braille. We'll see though, that climb is soul sucking.

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 22:45 Quote
So jealous. Would love to get down there. I want to do a day there and hit Sawpit, Flow, then Braille.

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 6:32 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
So jealous. Would love to get down there. I want to do a day there and hit Sawpit, Flow, then Braille.

I think Sawpit is RIP. last time i went, the whole area was getting logged.

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 7:30 Quote
Props Slaker on doing such a big solo ride! Nicely done, man!

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 7:45 Quote
Haven't been out for a ride in the past week. But I had 3 absolute powder days on the east coast, so I'm not complaining

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 7:50 Quote
sosburn wrote:
StUone7 wrote:

Bummer, been years since I’ve ridden that trail.

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 11:11 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
sosburn wrote:
StUone7 wrote:

Bummer, been years since I’ve ridden that trail.
It’ll be back and redone once they’re done logging it. That’s why it’s called demonstration forest. It’s proving that an area can be actively logged while still being accessible to the public.

By the way, I want my stem cap, sweetheart!
When are we going to ride?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012314
Mobile Version of Website