Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 11:16 Quote
esteban36 wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
sosburn wrote:

I think Sawpit is RIP. last time i went, the whole area was getting logged.

Bummer, been years since I’ve ridden that trail.
It’ll be back and redone once they’re done logging it. That’s why it’s called demonstration forest. It’s proving that an area can be actively logged while still being accessible to the public.

By the way, I want my stem cap, sweetheart!
When are we going to ride?

Oh cool, didn’t really know that.

I dunno man, might be going on another trip this weekend, this time down to Santa Barbara. If it doesn’t happen then I will definitely get down there this weekend. Otherwise, I could maybe come down during the week one afternoon/evening since next week is spring break.

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 14:43 Quote
Thanks for the info esteban, i guess i should do more reading about the place haha.

Demo flow is f*cking sick right now, last time it took me 31 minutes to do the whole trail and today i literally cut that in half with a 15 minute total time. f*cking stoked on that.
Braille is ok but definitely needs some work. I f*cking ate shit 3/4 of the way down, but i was on the gas and riding blind (first time riding it) lol. completely shredded my knee pad, ill post my pics when i get home. only got 2 laps in Frown but still pretty happy with that, 20 miles and 3500 ft climbed

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 15:06 Quote
That’s the beauty of Braille and Sawpit, they’re just nasty trails.

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 16:03 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
That’s the beauty of Braille and Sawpit, they’re just nasty trails.

Oh i meant the berms, the braking bumps are just f*cked. the rest of braille is so fun though, i hit a lot of jumps without thinking and then realized they were enormous. Hopefully there isnt too much rain this week so i can come back on thursday or friday.

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 21:24 Quote
Alright so here's some photo stuff too. I always forget to take pics of the trails and stuff but i'd probably end up getting a shitty angle anyways so whatever.

Looking up while lying on the picnic bench at the end of flow. Nothing feels as eerie as being alone at Demo on a weekday.

When you ride Demo by yourself, it is eerie enough, but i literally did not see another human out there today. Really makes you think, if you had a bad crash, you could be out there for days, so i actually brought a lot of stuff i usually am too careless to pack; hoodie, rainshell, waterproof matches, janky first aid kit (electrical tape, gauze pads, hand sanitizer lol )

Literally 3 different trees fell in the same spot on Sulfur springs climb. Not easy to climb under or over.

there's a collection of trees down on Sulfur springs FR, if anyone sees this and goes out there soon. Pain in the ass to climb under/over, and way too heavy to attempt to move.

HT is holding up great except for those damn cranks.

after i fell on Braille, i sat for a few minutes and bike was in good position for photo. I'm so f*ckin stoked on this thing right now, it really just murders everything, only things i'm wanting to change are the rear shock (I had it on my last bike and set it up great, but i can't seem to get it to work on here for a plush "erase the trail" feel) and the cranks.

Posted: Mar 26, 2018 at 8:42 Quote

Rode Portal in Moab, UT this past week. It was a blast!

Posted: Mar 27, 2018 at 6:10 Quote
matthelm1 wrote:

Rode Portal in Moab, UT this past week. It was a blast!

Thanks for that Matthelm1, from an average rider, I can appreciate this video. How long did it take you? I would love to get out there and ride some of those trails for sure.

Posted: Mar 31, 2018 at 19:44 Quote
Here’s a little clip I made today of all the jumps I built this winter. This is the closest dh to my house but it had zero jumps. I’m pretty happy with how it all flows. Enjoy the wwaaaayyy too much slo mo clip. Lol
Views: 43    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Mar 31, 2018 at 20:14 Quote
Nice edit, and jumping.

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 21:34 Quote
Maiden voyage on the new Slash here in Bham. Wet and slick and on new equipment, but fun as hell.

Maiden voyage

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 23:18 Quote
Hell yeah buddy! Looking baddass!

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 7:26 Quote
Love the colour of that frame!

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 8:39 Quote
I just want to say that snow can suck my hairy balls!! I am sick of f*cking shoveling!!!!!!!!

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 14:07 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
I just want to say that snow can suck my hairy balls!! I am sick of f*cking shoveling!!!!!!!!
Then move.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008556
Mobile Version of Website