Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 18:48 Quote
man...last few days have been just what I needed. wife took the kids to friends houses to play since Monday so Daddy has been riding a shit ton. Started off with hikeabike DH runs, big climb black D's adventure exploring of a moto system I stumbled upon. and a big technical loop today... I even saw a bear yesterday and a cougar today. it has been pretty awesome. Bears I have seen before but not around here. Cougar never...and they are really something else in the flesh. the thing that struck me the most is when it turned and trotted off it made zero noise.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 19:18 Quote
https://www.instagram.com/merakitrips/

Guys give this a follow, a friend is going to start doing guided bikes trips and CR is one of the destinations... If doing 20 min runs in steep and natural terrain is your jam give it a go

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 20:14 Quote
well that does sound nice Chris!

here's a couple from today a cool random elevated sleeper and some good Chuckanut trail snaps

Ride pics from today

Ride pics from today

Ride pics from today

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 20:52 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Ride pics from today

This photo makes me itch like a f*cking crackhead. So many fun line choices. I haven't ridden since Sunday Madder Madder Madder

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 20:55 Quote
ha! whole thing is basically tech obstacles. millions of variables.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 21:21 Quote
Awesome stuff sterling, truly. I need to ride soon. Between work and other variables riding opportunities have been limited. Keeping fitness up though through swimming and hikes. Hope to see some longer pedal times this weekend.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 21:39 Quote
Sterling your area is beautiful... I am always amazed of how it looks... Thanks for sharing

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 7:07 Quote
Sterling, where is this? That tech looks to die for tup

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 7:40 Quote
jkelm wrote:
Sterling, where is this? That tech looks to die for tup

Its a trail called Salal in the north Chuckanut mountains. Funny thing is this is a mellow section. It once broke 6 spokes on my rear wheel....

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 18:29 Quote
Seeing a cougar in the wild is an awesome thing for sure....@ its-chris would lone to check Costa Rica out, I would need a month there 2 weeks surfing and 2 weeks mountain biking.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 18:34 Quote
Has been a ton of riding time this summer for me, just started to get some rain last few days so trails are super tacky, very conducive to having fun.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 19:34 Quote
I have been wanting to see one for years, and am super glad it was an encounter I can be stoked about. Not to say it didnt get the blood pumping for a minute, but all together It was calming and sobering. I will say I had the most difficulty I’ve had yet on that trail since my mind was drifting back to it in awe, and its not one you can’t be fully focused on.... but I’ll take it Salute

Nice Slaker, I bet you’re having a blast!

Posted: Jul 14, 2018 at 9:04 Quote
Going through photos from the last two weeks. Here's one of my buddy Nicholas hitting up a spot with many ways to hurt you... He's a fantastic technical rider, I get stoked riding with this cat.

A dicey line choice by my buddy

Posted: Jul 14, 2018 at 12:11 Quote
Was 10 miles in, began riding down my usual tech dh trail, hear this shaking noise and then it stops so im like huh alright, get to the bottom and my entire bottle cage and water bottle is gone. And its hot today so fml. guess ill be riding with a pack tomorrow Frown

Posted: Jul 14, 2018 at 12:34 Quote
How did you not notice it come off haha. I only ride with a pack so I feel like all that comin off would be pretty noticeable.

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022476
Mobile Version of Website