Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Nov 30, 2018 at 12:19 Quote
Ooooo thats much worse

Posted: Nov 30, 2018 at 19:21 Quote
chef & Feathers...

should you head up or down, I set up a noon time ride with a buddy to check out some newer trails extensions on the back side of Galby… Devilcross happy hour and maybe even a cougar ridge lap in there... anyway a bigger peddle around the hill hitting the obscure spots day. It should be very enjoyable.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2018 at 19:50 Quote
I'll see what I can do.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2018 at 19:53 Quote
I’m out for tomorrow sadly, request has been made for me to spend to with the roof and gutters... ugh

Posted: Nov 30, 2018 at 19:59 Quote
no worries either way fellows... just hit up my cell if you are wanting to meet up.... booyah.

Posted: Dec 1, 2018 at 16:38 Quote
ended up just doing a longer loop version of the cougar ridge trail today. It has recently been sanctioned or at least is in the process of that. so it has been reduced a bit from what it once was in the spice factor. I was kinda bummed and gave it the name Neutered ridge, but after a few runs on it its growing on me. still a really fun trail just went from a lot of black to a lot of blue. In the back ground on this there is a small new drop that is quite a blast. you pop off the top above the big root and land at the bottom-ish near the small root above the seat.... It should get lived in over the winter and start feeling like the old trail soon enough...

photo

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2018 at 16:42 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
ended up just doing a longer loop version of the cougar ridge trail today. It has recently been sanctioned or at least is in the process of that. so it has been reduced a bit from what it once was in the spice factor. I was kinda bummed and gave it the name Neutered ridge, but after a few runs on it its growing on me. still a really fun trail just went from a lot of black to a lot of blue. In the back ground on this there is a small new drop that is quite a blast. you pop off the top above the big root and land at the bottom-ish near the small root above the seat.... It should get lived in over the winter and start feeling like the old trail soon enough...

photo

that

That looks RAD!!!! Hope to ride it soon! Rode at dusk yesterday, I am enjoying seeing the trails I ride in a new light (Literally!). Having to use lights for about 1/2 the ride makes for some exciting sensations. It is hard to explain but you feel rather vulnerable with no sight lines around you, just forward.

Posted: Dec 1, 2018 at 17:04 Quote
oh yeah... dusk and night is freaky deeky you come up chef we will go do this one.

Posted: Dec 1, 2018 at 20:37 Quote
Trails today... 2.1miles long and a bit more of 2k altitude gain (all going down) been a fun day

Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 15:56 Quote
swapped the maxxis combo I had on the Babah today over to some Ethirteens,,,, I wont be making that mistake again.... Ethirteens are the best tire I have run hands down. What grip.

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 16:00 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
swapped the maxxis combo I had on the Babah today over to some Ethirteens,,,, I wont be making that mistake again.... Ethirteens are the best tire I have run hands down. What grip.

Interesting... I saw you post them. I’m intrigued by the wtb vigilante and judge combo.. but maybe a e13 tire is in my future. I’ve had no issues with my dhf/dhr combo, but I don’t know any different.

Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 16:02 Quote
You need to try them. I actually like the DHF maxx grip tread with the DH sidewalls but the maxx terra sucks balls. Too hard... And the sidewall was too thin for my liking.

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 16:04 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
You need to try them. I actually like the DHF maxx grip tread with the DH sidewalls but the maxx terra sucks balls. Too hard... And the sidewall was too thin for my liking.

I see! Another tire that has peeked my interest is the Continental baron and Kaiser tires. They look meaty.

I like e13 stuff though. Made to last.

Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 16:07 Quote
I’ve heard good things about michelin and goodyear rubber now from a few peeps...

That said e’s are my go till something changes my mind

Jenson had them on sale for around 30-35$ last week and I popped

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014091
Mobile Version of Website