Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 8:43 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:

Are you riding with a Brooks saddle? How very stylish!

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 9:11 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
Kitejumping wrote:

Are you riding with a Brooks saddle? How very stylish!

Selle Anatomica X2, super comfortable.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 21:18 Quote

Today's evening shenanigans before getting stormed out. That camera is sick for video too.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 21:43 Quote
And that is why I am always destroying rims lol.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 22:19 Quote
i wonder if it’s significantly harder to do cutties with those Zipp moto wheels

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 22:21 Quote
Way cool berm explosions !

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 16:00 Quote
So it’s been a tough decision with four main trail areas at Bass lake. It’s been two years and I’m confident picking the spring cove trail as my favorite. Long fast and flow. There’s long fast flowy parts with a about 10 root or rock garden (like the one pictured)that you can rally at speed. There’s five hair pin switch backs all with a unique character. The bottom opens up and us forestry let us put in 6 “water bars” to prevent erosion. Don’t call them jumps but you can get some nice air time. I hiked the rocky part with two switchbacks 6 times doing suspension tuning. Took the opportunity to set up the cam. On the final run from the top I was so exhausted that I blew right through one of the switchbacks that I had just practiced 5 times. Lol Jumped in the lake to wrap up the ride. Praise baby jesus hallelujah for school back in session. This will be happening everFriday.
The view
Roost out of the rock garden
Spring cove trail
They re water bars not jumps
As far as US forestry is concerned these are water bars not jumps.
Perfect way to end a ride

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 17:10 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
So it’s been a tough decision with four main trail areas at Bass lake. It’s been two years and I’m confident picking the spring cove trail as my favorite. Long fast and flow. There’s long fast flowy parts with a about 10 root or rock garden (like the one pictured)that you can rally at speed. There’s five hair pin switch backs all with a unique character. The bottom opens up and us forestry let us put in 6 “water bars” to prevent erosion. Don’t call them jumps but you can get some nice air time. I hiked the rocky part with two switchbacks 6 times doing suspension tuning. Took the opportunity to set up the cam. On the final run from the top I was so exhausted that I blew right through one of the switchbacks that I had just practiced 5 times. Lol Jumped in the lake to wrap up the ride. Praise baby jesus hallelujah for school back in session. This will be happening everFriday.
The view
Roost out of the rock garden
Spring cove trail
They re water bars not jumps
As far as US forestry is concerned these are water bars not jumps.
Perfect way to end a ride

been meaning to check out this whole area soon

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 17:56 Quote
[Quote="sterlingmagnum"]fun little back yard feature with mr. singletrack mind today.

Cougar ridge?

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 18:06 Quote
[Quote="Danstheman112815"]
sterlingmagnum wrote:
fun little back yard feature with mr. singletrack mind today.

Cougar ridge?

I do believe that was it....

Nice looking stufffz fellers .

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 18:12 Quote
wrote:
Pretty epic trails and like 4 really good different areas. Definitely wait until spring or fall. It was like 85 up there today. I’m getting pretty acclimated to the heat but it’s something to avoid if coming from a cooler climate.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 20:25 Quote
IMBA epic trail at Silver Star: Beowulf! 35 km, 1680m elevation gain, 3 different climactic zones, giant cedars, 10km descent, mossy green creekside paradise! And all to myself! Come and check it out until Sept 15! Smile

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 20:49 Quote
wrote:
scjeremy wrote:
Pretty epic trails and like 4 really good different areas. Definitely wait until spring or fall. It was like 85 up there today. I’m getting pretty acclimated to the heat but it’s something to avoid if coming from a cooler climate.

85 isnt too bad i think i rode in 90ish last weekend

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 22:14 Quote
wrote:
sosburn wrote:
scjeremy wrote:

85 isnt too bad i think i rode in 90ish last weekend
Well shoot me a message if you decide to drive up here. I’ll be happy to show you the goods.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021586
Mobile Version of Website