Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 21:21 Quote
Great time of year for riding, nice Surface !
Ranger242 wrote:
Thunder Mountain Trail, just outside of Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 21:36 Quote
Sterling, BKChef & Slaker: Thanks! It’s amazing how a hardtail can become your favorite bike. I have two full suspension bikes that now spend most of their time at home.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 22:17 Quote
Ranger242 wrote:
Sterling, BKChef & Slaker: Thanks! It’s amazing how a hardtail can become your favorite bike. I have two full suspension bikes that now spend most of their time at home.

Totally! I do love both but the hardtail gets most of the love

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 8:18 Quote
do you guys ever get not as stoked to ride?
usually i ride 2-3 times a week on average (sometimes 1, sometimes 6-7) and after my last downieville weekend ive just been like not wanting to ride where i usually ride.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 9:02 Quote
sosburn wrote:
usually i ride 2-3 times a week on average (sometimes 1, sometimes 6-7) and after my last downieville weekend ive just been like not wanting to ride where i usually ride.

I typically ride three days a week and definitely go through waves of motivation. But that being said even when I make myself go I never regret it. Signing up for races keeps me moving and motivated through those times. CX season is here so I'm focusing there right now.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 10:37 Quote
sosburn wrote:
I got like that occasionally living in Santa Cruz where I’d ridden every trail a hundred times. Now that I ride in the southern sierras it’s so much more diverse, rugged, adventurous, I can’t get enough. But I also only get two days a week so there that.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 10:46 Quote
Yes the rain has returned en force... game changer getting out the moist costume and dealing with muddy everything. But as feathers said. When I get out it always feels better.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 11:10 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Yes the rain has returned en force... game changer getting out the moist costume and dealing with muddy everything. But as feathers said. When I get out it always feels better.

True that ^

'once your out ..your out'

Moist costume , never have these two words been put together in history lol

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 18:04 Quote
sosburn wrote:
I know that feeling of getting really stoked from say a perfect tacky day on some exotic epic ride then maybe have to get yourself to go on an after work ride in hot dry conditions on your normal loops,I usually feel better for doing it though and ends up being better than I thought.....The good part lately is that I have completely rebuilt over the last several months a very spicy trail that can be had with an hour climb from the house then 20 minute of rowdy downhill back home and I never get board of that trail.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 19:20 Quote
slaker wrote:
sosburn wrote:
I know that feeling of getting really stoked from say a perfect tacky day on some exotic epic ride then maybe have to get yourself to go on an after work ride in hot dry conditions on your normal loops,I usually feel better for doing it though and ends up being better than I thought.....The good part lately is that I have completely rebuilt over the last several months a very spicy trail that can be had with an hour climb from the house then 20 minute of rowdy downhill back home and I never get board of that trail.

i think a lot of what it is as well is that ive been trying to force myself to ride my “regular” loop and recently i had a falling out with someone i usually ride that with, so whenever i ride it i just feel mad and annoyed rather than happy to be out riding. the whole “once youre out, youre out” thing doesnt work cause im like out there and i find myself wanting to just end the ride early and go home :/
i did ride some new trails for the first time last week (Castle Park trail) and it was fun but also sketchy cause i was on a bike that was too small for me. maybe tomorrow ill try a different ride near my home.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 22:33 Quote
Didn’t think dont shit where you eat applies to mountain biking lol. All jokes aside that’s really pretty understandable. And riding the same trails over and over again gets old no matter how great they are.

Castle Park in Joaquin Miller?

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 7:15 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
Didn’t think dont shit where you eat applies to mountain biking lol. All jokes aside that’s really pretty understandable. And riding the same trails over and over again gets old no matter how great they are.

Castle Park in Joaquin Miller?

yeah in JMP. that top bit is gnarly

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 11:19 Quote
Yea those logs are fun. I was doing a lot of riding around JMP before I moved up here. Cinderella is still my favorite trail there, but Big Trees is pretty dang fun as well.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 12:12 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
Yea those logs are fun. I was doing a lot of riding around JMP before I moved up here. Cinderella is still my favorite trail there, but Big Trees is pretty dang fun as well.

the guy that showed me castle park works at Cycle Monkey in richmond and he literally rode that one log, gapped the next two, and just shot down the hill. so nuts.
i thought i was badass with my little rock roll hack on Cave Trail in Rockville

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 13:44 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I was day dreaming about a dramatically different landscape than the PNW just today as rain was falling hard into the green..... this is what I was picturing... very cool.
Would love to trade you some crispy hot dry weather for some of that rain, but just enough to make it cool and tacky.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016598
Mobile Version of Website