Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 13:44 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I was day dreaming about a dramatically different landscape than the PNW just today as rain was falling hard into the green..... this is what I was picturing... very cool.
Would love to trade you some crispy hot dry weather for some of that rain, but just enough to make it cool and tacky.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 14:26 Quote
slaker wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I was day dreaming about a dramatically different landscape than the PNW just today as rain was falling hard into the green..... this is what I was picturing... very cool.
Would love to trade you some crispy hot dry weather for some of that rain, but just enough to make it cool and tacky.

Well considering we got almost 2” in one day this past weekend, Im sure we could spare some

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 14:33 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
slaker wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Well considering we got almost 2” in one day this past weekend, Im sure we could spare some
I don't think that we've gotten 2" in the last 6 months

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 16:12 Quote
Sheeesh.... sounds like blue sky to me ....this has been a bit of a sucktember....between work and rain.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 17:33 Quote
Im part vampire, I get seasonal affective disorder from the extreme brightness, find it painful.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 19:22 Quote
slaker wrote:
Im part vampire, I get seasonal affective disorder from the extreme brightness, find it painful.

Well then you’ll thrive here... we have no sun to speak of

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 10:58 Quote
Went to visit my brother in Tarragona this last weekend and had a couple days of amazing riding and brother time! It was almost 3 years since the last time we rode together.

We had a blast on the super rocky trails of Tarragona and visited a couple towns near of my brother's city.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 12:31 Quote
well to those interested;
i had the day off so went for a ride today on a little 10 mile loop. different from my “usual” trail system, and i actually had a lot of fun and rode well again, so it must just be getting sick of that trail system. now for a mid day beer in the shower....

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 13:11 Quote
sosburn wrote:
well to those interested;
i had the day off so went for a ride today on a little 10 mile loop. different from my “usual” trail system, and i actually had a lot of fun and rode well again, so it must just be getting sick of that trail system. now for a mid day beer in the shower....

Variety is the slice of life...

Lately I have been bored with my local loop but found that just taking the hardtail out giving myself 1-2hours of turning up paths I don’t normally take because they aren't that special has actually been fun. Just xc grinders on unfamiliar trails with no real DH quality to them. But its at least mixing it up and keeping the guessing alive. Even doing a familiar route in reverse can be a fresh run if I keep a zero expectation policy in my head.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 13:12 Quote
Nice ancient looking stuff Baranzy!

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 13:54 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Nice ancient looking stuff Baranzy!

Yep, the town dates from the XII century and parts of the original walls still exists to this day. Its Reus/Selva del Camp in Spain if anybody is interested.

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 15:51 Quote
Super proud of my little dude. 9.2 miles on dirt today, his longest ride to date. Side note: I came into an inheritance and am at a crossroads in my life. 1 year out of a divorce and not wanting the burden of a mortgage on a single income so I decided to buy a mobile home. $450 a month rent controlled space fee will be my total housing cost. You can see the mobile home park below the bluffs in the scenic picture. My back gate will open to free private access to the 300 acre Woodward park. Pump tracks, dirt jumps, bmx race track and xc loops for miles. Going to treat myself to a lavish bike upgrade to the tune of an ext storia for my Bronson.
 youthonsingletrack
The dude
Woodward park

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 16:57 Quote
Awesome ride for your boy ! I dig your streamlining plan too . Sounds great. I have a low mortgage . around 600.00 a month, Im certainly not looking to upgrade my mortgage so I am staying put, but in pretty damn great location, I cant see how younger people or anyone with median income looking to buy a house or paying current rent prices can ever get ahead now a days, cost of living is so high now.

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 11:22 Quote
Wildflowers going off on Wheeler
Copper as seen from Miners Creek
Wild flowers and aspen colors were popping yesterday.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018830
Mobile Version of Website