Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 16:43 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
I've just watched it in its entirety. That was epic!
They are seriously fast! Eek
Yeah, I thought it was going to get boring until 4:44 then the completion was full on. Definitely the best Mega POV so far.

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 12:00 Quote
One of those off days today. Tired, sort of grumpy, and cold weather... what is normally a 1.5/2 hour ride turned into a 38 minutes of no fun. Cold enough my seat post stuck in the low position, water in my shifter cable housing which frozen up... and a 5 degree swing from t-shirt under coat being sufficient to being freaking cold... Cold enough that as soon as I got home, the first flurries of the winter started to come down. I guess it’s that time of year!

Tuesday I might try a round of pumptrack fun up in Bellingham if work allows it. Redemption hopefully

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 12:34 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
One of those off days today. Tired, sort of grumpy, and cold weather... what is normally a 1.5/2 hour ride turned into a 38 minutes of no fun. Cold enough my seat post stuck in the low position, water in my shifter cable housing which frozen up... and a 5 degree swing from t-shirt under coat being sufficient to being freaking cold... Cold enough that as soon as I got home, the first flurries of the winter started to come down. I guess it’s that time of year!

Tuesday I might try a round of pumptrack fun up in Bellingham if work allows it. Redemption hopefully

had one of those on thanksgiving. Went for a quick morning ride, but ended up riding 25 miles of basically fire roads in temperatures hovering around freezing, just to get back to the car, because every single track trail was being closed off with rangers sitting at the trailheads. dropper wasn't giving full travel without actually pulling on it.
All i really wanted was to push my new bike into some real gnarly stuff (in what would've been hero dirt; it rained a bit the day before after not raining for months)

i'll say it till i'm blue in the face; rangers can suck my ass.

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 13:07 Quote
It’s days like these that I’m thankful that I now have a DJ/pumptrack bike. Hopefully this spring I’ll build up a basic XC bike or 29+ to trek around on and not worry so much...

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 13:43 Quote
sosburn wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

had one of those on thanksgiving. Went for a quick morning ride, but ended up riding 25 miles of basically fire roads in temperatures hovering around freezing, just to get back to the car, because every single track trail was being closed off with rangers sitting at the trailheads. dropper wasn't giving full travel without actually pulling on it.
All i really wanted was to push my new bike into some real gnarly stuff (in what would've been hero dirt; it rained a bit the day before after not raining for months)

i'll say it till i'm blue in the face; rangers can suck my ass.
Its all iced over here, had a significant amount of snow a few days ago then a balmy day friday with some drizzle then freezing cold temps at night so everything is ice, any way my back went out bad a couple weeks ago and just getting it under control so I don't feel im missing out with the weather, I think I am done with riding in super cold weather just cause the bike doesn't work right and it is so hard to shift and brake with winter gloves.

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 15:04 Quote
My damn hands were so cold a few days ago my fingers were burning for an hour or mofe afterwards

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 15:16 Quote
Yea i didnt even wear gloves the other morning, huge dumb ass move. 4 hrs in 32ish temps without gloves was not smart

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 16:11 Quote
Oh... yeah thats a no go... even with my neoprene ones, I was trippin. Today wasn’t nearly as bad in my zone. Still cold AF, but no fire digits....

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 22:12 Quote
So I have been just setting aside stuff for a long while and got a nice deal on a Kona Unit frame and fork. super excited to get it build up as a SS this afternoon. Had just enough time for a good shake down ride before picking up the kids. The big 22 tooth cog out back coupled with the 30 chainring was a good call for the big 29+ tires, able to jam up pretty steep shit without too much pain. Mega traction and a royal hoot! ... but then I taco'd the front wheel f*cking around on rock rolls with little drops. slight miscalculation on my lift and boom. maiden voyage was a ton of fun but also a bummer...but it turned out great and I have something figured out for replacement....

photo
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 6:40 Quote
That thing looks HUGE
congrats!

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 7:04 Quote
sosburn wrote:
That thing looks HUGE
congrats!

Easily fit 3.0 rubberz

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 8:09 Quote
Sucks on the front wheel tho! Shit happens to the best of us!

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 20:57 Quote
Built some water bars and drainage today. This shot was a massive un rideable rut. The line was the ride around to the left of the screen. Dug out a few feet on either side and built a mini step down drop. Super fun testing on the HT and really fun riding out the trail on this bike. Need to give the HT more love on proper trail rides. There’s a transition landing but on the squishy bike the plan will be huck to flat about 4’ drop.
No more rut
HT session

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 21:06 Quote
Nice!

Cant wait to get back into the ride groove....

O+
Posted: Dec 22, 2019 at 16:57 Quote
been trying to ride more often but holy shit the holidays and this lack of daylight is really putting a damper on it.

BUT i did go for a ride yesterday, was a little under confident and tried to take a "safer" line than what i usually do and crashed face first into a tree stump, split my upper lip wide open, got about 15 stitches in now haha. I was about 8miles deep when that happened and no where near the car or street so cleaned it a little with some hand sani (Not recommended) and continued my ride. It's funny, once you get that first crash out of the way things go a lot smoother!
I'll spare you guys the pics but it should leave a fun little scar

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018475
Mobile Version of Website