Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 14:32 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Keep getting in quick hour lunch rides. Really enjoying the SS Kona Unit set up for this stuff.

How was the Ed? Looking forward to them continuing the work they keep talking about.

Uuummm about the same. I saw nothing new. Drainage is still what it has been for years. Its just a swampy zone. It was a fun little rip but its still just the same. I had more fun on the ss than anything else I can remember just because you really dont need much else. I think I will find that across the board down here. The gulch has had a bunch of nice new bits but again I wont go back to ride until the rain stops for a good bit. It’s extremely wet and muddy in there. Irresponsible at best to go in there with a bike until drying out.

I wanted to go to Lord but didn’t have enough time. I am curious to see whats been happening in there since the new guy who’s name I cant recall started in with the Ambassador program I was working on with the parks guys. But again thats a very slurmy spot.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 14:51 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Keep getting in quick hour lunch rides. Really enjoying the SS Kona Unit set up for this stuff.

How was the Ed? Looking forward to them continuing the work they keep talking about.

Uuummm about the same. I saw nothing new. Drainage is still what it has been for years. Its just a swampy zone. It was a fun little rip but its still just the same. I had more fun on the ss than anything else I can remember just because you really dont need much else. I think I will find that across the board down here. The gulch has had a bunch of nice new bits but again I wont go back to ride until the rain stops for a good bit. It’s extremely wet and muddy in there. Irresponsible at best to go in there with a bike until drying out.

I wanted to go to Lord but didn’t have enough time. I am curious to see whats been happening in there since the new guy who’s name I cant recall started in with the Ambassador program I was working on with the parks guys. But again thats a very slurmy spot.

Totally. I hit paradise on Sunday, it was solid. Good drainage and they cleared out the vast majority of dead fall.

We need to head to either Pilchuck or Tokul soon...

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 19:15 Quote
jkelm wrote:
Slaker, anything riding down by you? Haven't ridden since Super Bowl Sunday due to the dumping of snow we got and it feels like it been years since I've ridden haha December and January were too good to us
I dont think so besides maybe some nice snow packed trails here and there if you can find them and hit it at the right time. Things turn to ice or mush fast this time of year. We have had a fair amount of snow lately.... I haven't ridden since three weekends ago either.......

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 8:46 Quote
slaker wrote:
jkelm wrote:
Slaker, anything riding down by you? Haven't ridden since Super Bowl Sunday due to the dumping of snow we got and it feels like it been years since I've ridden haha December and January were too good to us
I dont think so besides maybe some nice snow packed trails here and there if you can find them and hit it at the right time. Things turn to ice or mush fast this time of year. We have had a fair amount of snow lately.... I haven't ridden since three weekends ago either.......
Sounds like a Western Slope or Moab trip is in order.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 10:08 Quote
Greetings from Cali. Got a new transition patrol and been logging some serious miles. 19hrs and 104 miles per strava this month so far. Did a 30 mile and 22 mile ride last week with 3300 elv gain on each, thats a lot for me. The patrol is the longest travel bike I’ve ever owned and setting PR on all my climbs. About 2 min per 30 off of my pace on previous set up. 77 degree seat tube angle is legit for my 5’7” short arm body type. Bike descends like a DH with the ext storia shock and 36 fork. PR’s showing up on all my rides and a couple top 10 trophies on some of the DH where pedaling isn’t a factor. In a couple months it will be too hot for local rides and I’ll be relegated to once a week 45min drive to higher elevation trails so trying to hit it hard now. Torn mcl five months ago healed without surgery! I’ll try and grab some shots from todays ride. Hit a 30’ double for the first time a few rides ago. I’ll try and grab a vid today if my balls are up to it. Lol

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 11:54 Quote
how do you guys get over gaps? Ive been riding this trail lately that has two gaps that are maybe 8-10 feet but for whatever reason i just puss out every time. for reference, theres a stepdown on the same trail with a substantially high consequence that i hit no problem

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 13:37 Quote
sosburn wrote:
how do you guys get over gaps? Ive been riding this trail lately that has two gaps that are maybe 8-10 feet but for whatever reason i just puss out every time. for reference, theres a stepdown on the same trail with a substantially high consequence that i hit no problem

Gaps are the biggest mind f*ck. It seriously depends on the lip and if its going over anything visually intimidating like a severed log impailler !!! The steeper the lip the harder for me to feel comfortable in the air without feeling bucked.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 17:53 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
sosburn wrote:

Gaps are the biggest mind f*ck. It seriously depends on the lip and if its going over anything visually intimidating like a severed log impailler !!! The steeper the lip the harder for me to feel comfortable in the air without feeling bucked.

For me the real killer is if i cant see the landing spot from behind the take off. one of the gaps im hesitant on comes in a sequence, right after a big rock roll into a left hand turn right into the gap. i get up the lip and just have to stop but one of these days i wont....maybe

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 17:57 Quote
I hear you loud and clear. It took me so long to hit a few I do now with ease. But they f*cked with me forever

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 18:11 Quote
I get blocks that I can’t seem to conquer... it’s a mental game not a skills thing. One in particular is a massive rock face in Leavenworth that sterling introduced me too. I want to do it, but my mind says nope.. now I get to wait another year. I want to hit it. I think I’m at the point where I’ve over thought it... next year I’m just going to go for it, not think about it just roll it.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 18:16 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Pussy... lol
it’s gonna snow in spearfish... and you sent me pic of e-bike: who’s the pussy...

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 18:18 Quote
Fully agree on the mental part. I used to slow down and roll this but now it feels easy. Most of the time you are jumping a lot further than you realize. Also if the feature is on a legitimate trail and people hit it regularly, chances are it’s built to be hit at trail speed. This gap is set up by a drop into a super steep roll in. That’s the mental part on this one, you are hauling ass. If you do push yourself into something you feel is big for your riding level, definitely don’t film it. The trail is pretty tight so definitely no chance at a side angle. This looks slow and small to me. Paced it out to about 28 feet and strava has me at 24mph.
Views: 27    Faves: 0    Comments: 0
Views: 22    Faves: 0    Comments: 0
Double

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 18:23 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
Pussy... lol
it’s gonna snow in spearfish... and you sent me pic of e-bike: who’s the pussy...

Meh. Used to snow and Ebike ain’t mine so...

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008942
Mobile Version of Website