Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: May 24, 2020 at 0:53 Quote
Thats a great view pacman

Thats the brakes Roseman

Been doing little family rides in Eastern Wa last few days. Been fun. My kid did his biggest ride yet as fare as elevation and steep for him downs... He was stoked... me too.

O+
Posted: May 24, 2020 at 16:40 Quote
Different side of the mountain today. I gotta figure out these trail ratings! After a pretty brutal ascent, I was looking for a nice, relaxing, flowy down, so I chose this blue trail...….it was full of steeps, deep ruts and ROOTS. Pretty technical and gave me more of a workout than I was anticipating, but I survived! I checked the trail guide when I got home and I guess this blue is more like a black....I can't wait to get off of this rigid and into my new Jeffsy!

photo

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 19:52 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
Different side of the mountain today. I gotta figure out these trail ratings! After a pretty brutal ascent, I was looking for a nice, relaxing, flowy down, so I chose this blue trail...….it was full of steeps, deep ruts and ROOTS. Pretty technical and gave me more of a workout than I was anticipating, but I survived! I checked the trail guide when I got home and I guess this blue is more like a black....I can't wait to get off of this rigid and into my new Jeffsy!

photo
From that vintage machine to a Jeffsy will be quite the difference.

O+
Posted: May 24, 2020 at 21:19 Quote
slaker wrote:

I know, right? I'm just starting to get some of my old skills back after not riding for 20+ years, never ridden a FS bike, so I can't even begin to imagine the difference! Although I DO fantasize about a nice, squishy ride as I pound over the roots!

I think I need to stick to the green trails until delivery day!

O+
Posted: May 24, 2020 at 21:28 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
slaker wrote:

I know, right? I'm just starting to get some of my old skills back after not riding for 20+ years, never ridden a FS bike, so I can't even begin to imagine the difference! Although I DO fantasize about a nice, squishy ride as I pound over the roots!

I think I need to stick to the green trails until delivery day!

Preloading the suspension on jumps is some thing to learn . Other wise the ass wants to jump higher than the nose .
Also fork dive under hard braking takes some getting used to .

Just get out and enjoy yourself . Learn in the saddle . Yip Yah !

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 21:33 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:

photo

Oh yes... you got a proper shaking didn’t you!

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 0:21 Quote
Killer all day ride yesterday. 7,000 vert climb to get to this gem, just the first section of trail after drop in.This is in my top three favorite trails ever.

Views: 417    Faves: 4    Comments: 0

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 0:30 Quote
Damn... how many miles in that climb? Trail looks kill as always

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 0:38 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
28 mile climb, Its never fun, all dirt road starts gradual then gets steeper and steeper.....But then 2 hours of non stop single track on the downs.

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 0:54 Quote
slaker wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
28 mile climb, Its never fun, all dirt road starts gradual then gets steeper and steeper.....But then 2 hours of non stop single track on the downs.

Ok...crazy. 7K over 28 seems doable but diabolical. Definitely sounds worthy!

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 1:12 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
slaker wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Ok...crazy. 7K over 28 seems doable but diabolical. Definitely sounds worthy!
I would gladly shuttle it if the opportunity arised.,It could be shuttled to 10,000 with a basic 4x4, you need some modifications to get to 12,000.Takes us 5 hours to get to top, would probably be close to that in total shuttle drive time if you had to go fetch a vehicle after ride. I usually sing to my self "Its a long way" by AC/DC on the way up.

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 1:54 Quote
photo

This is from two days ago.
We started from the coast, at sea level, between 50 cm to over 1 meter of snow the whole way.

Still waiting for spring to come.
We have had more snow than ever measured here before, but it's finally starting to melt.
If the temperatures hold, I might be able to ride some trails in a week or two.

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 9:02 Quote
Looks vastly beautiful although I read that the reindeer are having a hard time with the unusual higher amounts of snow.

O+
Posted: May 25, 2020 at 15:45 Quote
19 miles 3286 elevation gain. Two trails on a holiday and not a single hiker. Got down to the lake and there was like 100 boats and a thousand people at every nook and cranny. The trails are ours again!! Thank god. My summer setup worked great. Full bladder dropped into a paragon pack protector vest instead of the d3o pads. Sudo pack less but 100 % less hot than a pack and enough h20 for any ride length.
View 1
I m here for the gang bang.

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 16:06 Quote
This heres’ a snake skin jack. Its a symbol of my individuality and person freedom.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021607
Mobile Version of Website