Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: May 25, 2020 at 16:21 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
19 miles 3286 elevation gain. Two trails on a holiday and not a single hiker. Got down to the lake and there was like 100 boats and a thousand people at every nook and cranny. The trails are ours again!! Thank god. My summer setup worked great. Full bladder dropped into a paragon pack protector vest instead of the d3o pads. Sudo pack less but 100 % less hot than a pack and enough h20 for any ride length.
View 1
I m here for the gang bang.
Excellent ! So is that vest thingy serving as a chest protector?

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 17:20 Quote
No it’s basically this. (Not me pictured). This one is discontinued but the version essentially the same with back protection inserts. I just removed the insets and and dropped in my hydro bladder. I had to sew on a loop to hold the hose. And a couple of small magnet discs on the chest.
H20 vest

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 17:53 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
No it’s basically this. (Not me pictured). This one is discontinued but the version essentially the same with back protection inserts. I just removed the insets and and dropped in my hydro bladder. I had to sew on a loop to hold the hose. And a couple of small magnet discs on the chest.
H20 vest
Thats creative, Nice !

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 18:41 Quote
why not just use a bottle cage? legitimately wondering

I had a huge weekend planned, ended up having only ridden the mountain bike 1.5 miles Blank Stare kind of a huge bummer but i'll be graduating in a couple weeks so hopefully things will line up better after that

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 20:42 Quote
It gets pretty hot in the summer here. Like 85 to 90 F. Even two bottles, which I cannot fit on my frame anyway, wouldn’t be enough. I finished 2.5 liters today and it’s a 3 liter bladder.

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 21:57 Quote
Out for a cpl of hours this mornin .
Back to the LBS for the compulsory brake bleed yesterday . So rested and ready to rock today . lol .

Met up with some trail builders re routing a trail with some creek crossing bridges . I dropped the back wheel off the side of one bridge a while back . Got quite a surprise when I landed on my arse . The bridge is fine enough its the angle of approach that can trick you .

Anyway the trail builder guy Chris looked to have an eye for flow . Judging by the section of trail he was cutting through the bush .

Talking about water . The temps here atm mid winter are low 20s C 70 - 75 F I need way less water and obviously sweating way less than 30 + C / 86 + F summer .

Fingers crossed re the brakes Dead Horse

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 22:39 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
It gets pretty hot in the summer here. Like 85 to 90 F. Even two bottles, which I cannot fit on my frame anyway, wouldn’t be enough. I finished 2.5 liters today and it’s a 3 liter bladder.

I feel that. usually carry a big bottle in the frame but have been using my hip pack with a 1.5L bladder as well for the all day rides lately. Just wondering why not split the camel weight between you and the bike

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 23:09 Quote
slaker wrote:
Looks vastly beautiful although I read that the reindeer are having a hard time with the unusual higher amounts of snow.

Yeah, they've had a hard winter, the samis have had to feed them cattle feed due to the snow being so deep that they can't find food themselves.
Gotta be extra careful if they have calves now, really don't want to stress them, as they are quite weak and at risk now.

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 20:49 Quote
Starting to get some color out of the trees that aren't pines.

Dillon Marina from Wide Open
Dillon Side

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 21:07 Quote
Nice. Aspens leafing out.

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 22:13 Quote
Beauty zone...

lots of great family rides this week. Couple quick black D laps and some pump trackin. So far so good....

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 20:18 Quote
Cleaned up an annoying stump that was sticking out here and would be hitting my knee if I was cornering that way with it still there.
Wide Open - lower Dillon side.

And here is a generic bike product photo.
eewings

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 21:00 Quote
Way to help the trail flow ! I hate anything like that that scrubs speed.

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 22:11 Quote
slaker wrote:
Way to help the trail flow ! I hate anything like that that scrubs speed.

Same.

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 3:52 Quote
Put in a few hours @ Radar Hill this arvo .
Lots of roots , lots of rocks . One run each down the refurbished DH trails . A quick encounter with my pal the Emu .
Some rock slab lines too . Came back to the car with the lights on . 1st time riding in the bush with lights it was pretty damn cool !

Crossing the creek

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012746
Mobile Version of Website