Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 9:15 Quote
slaker wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
ahh im jealous. had a ride planned for today but got stuck dogsitting. on top of that, did a 25 mile road ride yesterday and had wanted to add some gravel to it but ran out of sunlight.

Not sure how i feel about the global warming/extended alpine riding time. on one hand, extra months in the higher mountains means better riding for me, but it also hasnt rained here in over 6 months i think? every time i get stuck behind a slower rider now, i get to the bottom of the trail with a literal mouth full of dust.
Yeah, It is very dry here as well, The soil is hydrophobic and wont even absorb moisture.I would love to see the mountains covered in snow and get back to normal weather patterns.

speaking of which i went out for a ride before work today at a usual "winter" spot, and the steeper stuff was nearly unrideable, like 2-3" of loose dust. still sent it but damn, if it would rain, that'd be pretty cool.

Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 9:18 Quote
slaker wrote:
Looks dreamy.
Very...

Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 9:41 Quote
slaker wrote:
mistercoffee wrote:
Rode Bert Flinn today. Got bit by an off-leash dog, ironically owned by a mountain biker. Ran into a bear on Jo-Jo Finn.

Fun day.
Your bears hibernate late.

Mediterranean climate. It was warm enough for shirt-sleeve riding yesterday. And today. Tomorrow, not so much.

Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 9:49 Quote
mistercoffee wrote:
slaker wrote:
mistercoffee wrote:
Rode Bert Flinn today. Got bit by an off-leash dog, ironically owned by a mountain biker. Ran into a bear on Jo-Jo Finn.

Fun day.
Your bears hibernate late.

Mediterranean climate. It was warm enough for shirt-sleeve riding yesterday. And today. Tomorrow, not so much.
Its in the mid 70's most the week here but not really normal by any means...

Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 13:07 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
Rode this trail the other day, Veryyyy fun.

Nice ride !
I`d like to ride that myself .

Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 16:49 Quote
Rosemount wrote:
drpepperrider2 wrote:
Rode this trail the other day, Veryyyy fun.

Nice ride !
I`d like to ride that myself .
Come to Canada! The magic MTB land!

Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 16:57 Quote
It really is magic.....

Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 17:15 Quote
I want to go there.

Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 18:12 Quote
Well..at least one of the provinces is magic.

Pamplemousse is probably the best way to end an Alice Lake ride..after all the steep rocky jank, that flow makes you feel like a super hero.

Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 19:56 Quote
I`d would have come and gone if it wasn`t for the PANDEMIC .
Had plans to visit Canada in their summer . Stayed at home and discovered a bunch of trails here in Oz .

Maybe New Zealand in the new year ? Other wise could be Tasmania or the Alps in Victoria for some relief from the heat .

Looking into buying another battery I can post to a destination in Oz before hand and fly the E bike battery less .
Or hire a battery on the road .

Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 22:17 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:

Pamplemousse is probably the best way to end an Alice Lake ride..after all the steep rocky jank, that flow makes you feel like a super hero.

Unless you park on Perth.

Love that trail. Just rode it a week ago. The more you rode the more jumps and gaps you find. So well built.

Posted: Nov 3, 2020 at 3:55 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

Unless you park on Perth.

Love that trail. Just rode it a week ago. The more you rode the more jumps and gaps you find. So well built.

wow ! that trail looks incredible. had me on the edge of my seat the whole time...! I'd love to ride that.

If I made a POV vid...the runtime would be twice as long Redface

Posted: Nov 3, 2020 at 6:16 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
slaker wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
ahh im jealous. had a ride planned for today but got stuck dogsitting. on top of that, did a 25 mile road ride yesterday and had wanted to add some gravel to it but ran out of sunlight.

Not sure how i feel about the global warming/extended alpine riding time. on one hand, extra months in the higher mountains means better riding for me, but it also hasnt rained here in over 6 months i think? every time i get stuck behind a slower rider now, i get to the bottom of the trail with a literal mouth full of dust.
Yeah, It is very dry here as well, The soil is hydrophobic and wont even absorb moisture.I would love to see the mountains covered in snow and get back to normal weather patterns.

speaking of which i went out for a ride before work today at a usual "winter" spot, and the steeper stuff was nearly unrideable, like 2-3" of loose dust. still sent it but damn, if it would rain, that'd be pretty cool.

Lol was planning on some alpine riding this weekend and of course we are getting a storm, probably some snow up there, and yet still no rain out here on the coast, just wind. ahhhhhhhhhhh

Posted: Nov 4, 2020 at 8:11 Quote
Went and got some more late season runs in the other day

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007745
Mobile Version of Website