Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 19:28 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
It's a good one. Bit of a mission to get to and get get back out of afterwards for how long of a trail it is..though

Ahhh just start in sudden valley at the lookout mountain preserve lot. Typical 1.5 hour ride easy.

But yes putting it together from Galbraith side gets to be a lengthy process for 10 min of dh... then you gotta go back up 4000....

Although i did find a route up to whoopsie Woodle via old moto trails...

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 19:41 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
It's a good one. Bit of a mission to get to and get get back out of afterwards for how long of a trail it is..though

Ahhh just start in sudden valley at the lookout mountain preserve lot. Typical 1.5 hour ride easy.

But yes putting it together from Galbraith side gets to be a lengthy process for 10 min of dh... then you gotta go back up 4000....

Although i did find a route up to whoopsie Woodle via old moto trails...

If only someone could live practically at the bottom of that trail. Sigh...

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 20:26 Quote
If only someones wife could have dealt with living at the base of that trail.... great... now I’m balling again....

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 20:53 Quote
I could see that being nicer. I've only ridden Cougar Ridge along with doing some Galbraith riding and it was a bigger ride than I planned for lol

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 21:12 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:

It is pretty much outside my front door! Problem I have is that it is almost too short of a loop from home, I'm always wanting a bit more, and it is a haul to get anywhere else from there, making for a Jewish death march of a ride......

Today's lap was 6.3 miles and 1,500' of vert from my front door to my front door and took less than 1-1/2 hrs.

The good folks at WMBC are extending the bottoms up trail (to avoid the grueling 4000 rd. climb) that is supposed to end at/near the end of Dad Bod/Spacewolf, so heading up that trail and down one of those two trails will make a good option in the future.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 21:48 Quote
Yeah Pac thats a chopped up zone yet still... all the trails are killer but brutal to try and string multiple ones together. I still like the old cougar approach better than the new climb trail. I feel like its a bit longer. And there are a couple options to double up on a few spurs that way....

New climb extension will be really cool i love that lower dad bod section. Last time I was up there a couple months ago now DevilCross was running really well. Super fun trail.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 21:50 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
I could see that being nicer. I've only ridden Cougar Ridge along with doing some Galbraith riding and it was a bigger ride than I planned for lol

Thats the way I rode it first as well and thought.... hmmm there must be a better way Wink

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 22:23 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

Thats the way I rode it first as well and thought.... hmmm there must be a better way Wink

So far I've found three different ways up there. One of them is pretty much hike-a-bike, one is really fun/gnarly, but is WET for at least 9 months of the year. The way I went today is pretty straightforward, but certainly not a cake walk! I know there are other ways as well, but now that I have approached from pretty much every side, I am convinced there is probably not a "better" way! Blank Stare

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 22:31 Quote
Saturday all day epic rides still happening..looped together a few different trail systems and some back country stuff today,Weather was still in the sixties and seventies this week which allowed for 15 hours of riding not bad for this time of year. around 50 degrees today perfect temp for nice crisp all day ride... Feeling nice and whooped and eating my second dinner as I post...Had a beautiful Bald Eagle sighting as well, They are not really common here but they show up from time to time.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 10:06 Quote
Looks amazing as usual Slaker!

Our weather was about the same yesterday. I couldn't believe it was late November!

C'mon spring! Cool

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 10:52 Quote
Rode about an hour yesterday, got a good quick 10 miles/2500ft climbed, wanted to ride today but i hyperextended my knee this morning while surfing. gonna chill the rest of the day so i can hopefully ride tomorrow.

also starting a new full time job tomorrow so im gonna be waking up at 5 every day now to get a ride in before work. luckily its quite a lot more salary so more bikes!!!

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 11:16 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Rode about an hour yesterday, got a good quick 10 miles/2500ft climbed, wanted to ride today but i hyperextended my knee this morning while surfing. gonna chill the rest of the day so i can hopefully ride tomorrow.

also starting a new full time job tomorrow so im gonna be waking up at 5 every day now to get a ride in before work. luckily its quite a lot more salary so more bikes!!!

2500 ft in an hour? Hauling.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 12:09 Quote
TreyDownhill wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

2500 ft in an hour? Hauling.

I was a little surprised when i looked at my watch too, no e bike or anything, just fireroad grinding and trying to be speedy on the descent

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 16:13 Quote
Just some more trail maintenance today..\

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 16:52 Quote
damn thats straight up beautiful slaker

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009640
Mobile Version of Website