Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 16:44 Quote
Warm day today, wouldn't know it snowed the last 2 nights...had time to get a lap in before dark after work...trail is riding primo.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 17:10 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
Warm day today, wouldn't know it snowed the last 2 nights...had time to get a lap in before dark after work...trail is riding primo.

Conditions look ideal!

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 4:39 Quote
yeah....that looks sweet.

Been in the 20's here. Grrrrr.....and Brrrrrr.....at the same time. Evil

Did manage to get a quick 5 mile jaunt in Tuesday night though on the new build. Popped over to the UPS store and back. That drew some looks....

Then my lights died on the way home 'cause I'm stupid, which was a death-cheating experience....

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 11:54 Quote
got a quick ride in on the new build (my refreshed 1985 Rockhopper...) during my lunch hour today. 30's and sunny....no hero dirt here. Pretty much a mix of snow and sandwater slurry ...lol....

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 12:50 Quote
Whoa! Curly Bar Mountain Bikes!!!

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 13:05 Quote
lol lol that soooooo 1980's....

yeah....needed something to bomb around these riding paths on. Figured my old '85 would do the trick without going all "gravel bike" on myself...

might have a face only a mother could love but I'm finding that it actually rides pretty nicely....

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 16:42 Quote
adm750 wrote:
got a quick ride in on the new build (my refreshed 1985 Rockhopper...) during my lunch hour today. 30's and sunny....no hero dirt here. Pretty much a mix of snow and sandwater slurry ...lol....

Pretty cool ! Is that a 55 tooth chainring ?

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 17:17 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
adm750 wrote:
Pretty cool ! Is that a 55 tooth chainring ?

as...thanks man...!!! its actually a 45 on the front turning an 11-48 10 speed rear...(microshift drivetrain with clutch der. ). it used to be a 3x7. Those are the original 3-ring cranks turned 1x...lol.

had to get a 10sp e-bike 136L chain to get one long enough...

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 18:45 Quote
I dig it, piece of mountain bike history rejuvenated. Looks to be in nice condition too.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 4:32 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
I dig it, piece of mountain bike history rejuvenated. Looks to be in nice condition too.

thanks gnar....I appreciate the kind words. I bought it new in 1985 to supplement my riding/training in the winter. (I was a 25k mile/year roadie back then).

Rode it a few times and absolutely hated it. All that work and hardly going anywhere...lol. so I shelved it. For some reason, I just could not bring myself to get rid of it and I kept it with me all these years. (I bought the green road bike in my profile back in 1984...I still ride it....). Growing up, anything bike related was paid for by me working and saving for it. Plus, I built all my bikes except for the green one and this one.

the Rockhopper only started to see service again about 12 years ago as I towed the kids behind it in one of those little trailers around the local bike path. Kids grow fast so that only lasted a couple years. Back up in the rafters she went.

Decided in December that I needed a quick and dirty way to put more miles on faster on the local bikepath right outside our back door than I could on ol' Stinky 5 or having to kit up for a road ride alone. She seemed like the perfect platform to work from. So this was the result...

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 21:21 Quote
Cold weather is coming and threatening snow so we got out for a quick lap on Maple Mountain while the sky was blue and sun warm

mysticmountainadventures.com

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 21:40 Quote
What he said. Want to beat the snow too but couldn’t get myself up early enough to go before work.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 22:10 Quote
Grateful for the kind words gents Salute

I’m gonna just keep hoping the forecast is wrong.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 22:22 Quote
Miss taking action shots. Could use some homies to take pictures of. Haven’t hardly gotten to use my new camera much at all.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009282
Mobile Version of Website