Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 2:02 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
Repeated last weeks' ride, hoping the snow had melted. 10 miles, 2,000'. I was able to make it to the top, but there was still some snow. The views and the DH were epic!

I remembered my SD card this time, so I caught video that I'm editing/uploading.

This world is amazing, wow!

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 5:27 Quote
couldn't agree more. I love riding in my little part of the world, but the shots you guys put up make me yearn to sell everything, buy a vanagon and bail out to all these wonderful places...

@soup....stunning scenery as always. that under-bridge shot captures very well some of why we do this. sometimes the scenery doesn't even have to be that epic, but it makes you appreciate this incredible rotating rock we call home. tup

@PAC....great vid...!! that trail is...uh....I can't find the proper words to describe that place.. I want to be there now..!!! it looked like you were moving right along there too. great pics and vid.

@rose....is that a 2-cross or a 3-cross coffee holder Wink

thank you everyone for sharing.... I'm stuck here having not ridden yesterday (and probably won't get to today) due to rain...

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 21:20 Quote
Surprised it was dry today, so I did another quick Cougar Ridge lap! 6.5 miles, 1,500'

Raw video of todays' ride.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 21:39 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I love that trail.

I feel so fortunate to have that as my last-minute, "f*ck it, I'm going for a quick ride" ride.! lol

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 21:43 Quote
Wasnt dry for me today. Bit of rain, and a good like 6" of snow at the top of the trail I went down. quickly died down to just wet though and it was super fun.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 21:50 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I love that trail.

I feel so fortunate to have that as my last-minute, "f*ck it, I'm going for a quick ride" ride.! lol

Dood so much. Its easy to go slam one out and right there... that was me and Leo’s go to trail for the 3 years We lived in SV. I miss is much.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 22:09 Quote
Nice PAC... watching that gave me a thought

shuttle laps for ster to get back on the bike Salute

just stand on the pedals and coast... no bending of knee required tup

what's the worst that could happen Very confused

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 3:02 Quote
Got up early to give the bike a wash and degrease the chain .
Had a big fire road loop planned with some XC guys . Drove 20 mins north , pulled out my bike , jumped on 1st pedal stroke the quick link broke . Very confused Facepalm

Better it happened there than out in the hills . So to the LBS for supplies . Then a run down a new trail we scoped out last week and home again via the local Koala park .

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 6:13 Quote
@PACNW-MTB

Yayahhhh! That's a DYN-0-MITE trail! Not enough snow & ice has melted around here yet to safely ride in the dirt, so I rode vicariously through your wonderful video. What's the bike? I couldn't recognize the frame. That a YT?

What scenery you have there. Now I'm even MORE anxious to get in the woods. That's a great vid--I'm keeping it.

~JSV

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 6:30 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I love that trail.

I have a little loop near me that's my "f**k it, I'm going for a quick ride" trail. It's nothing like yours though....! nothing to epic but it gets you on the dirt. You can get 5-6 miles under your bars in a pretty quick, lunch-hour kinda way.

Rain stopped yesterday afternoon so I managed to get in a road ride.....a last minute "f**k it!" decision as well.

@rosemount - dude...sucks breaking that link, but thanks for posting the day's events. You can guess what's now in my pack. Wink

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 6:35 Quote
Rosemount wrote:
Got up early to give the bike a wash and degrease the chain .
Had a big fire road loop planned with some XC guys . Drove 20 mins north , pulled out my bike , jumped on 1st pedal stroke the quick link broke . Very confused Facepalm

Better it happened there than out in the hills . So to the LBS for supplies . Then a run down a new trail we scoped out last week and home again via the local Koala park .

I always break quick links when I'm clipped in and like 40 minutes into a climb, and i always fall over. The worst

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 6:42 Quote
Had a little out and about ride yesterday with a buddy who just got his new Hightower frame back from warranty. A bolt wiggled out on the lower link and it shredded the carbon... took 4 months for them to send him a new one with far too many requests. Lesson learned by him to check those bolts even after only 60 miles of riding it.

I have two quick go trails that let me ride around 5-8 miles of dirt. Both are 15 min drive from the house. One area I have been riding since 1993 so I can ride it blindfolded. The other is new to me and offers more trail variety and some fun sections with drops, jumps and bumps... lucky living here in western washington.

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 6:54 Quote
yesterday i woke up feeling not so great, but wanted to ride anyways. Ended up doing 45 miles and 8000ft of climbing, riding some new-to-me (and overgrown) trails. Was pretty much "about to bonk" the entire time, but fought it off with red bull and the first regular, full sugar coca cola i've had in years.

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 7:41 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
yesterday i woke up feeling not so great, but wanted to ride anyways. Ended up doing 45 miles and 8000ft of climbing, riding some new-to-me (and overgrown) trails. Was pretty much "about to bonk" the entire time, but fought it off with red bull and the first regular, full sugar coca cola i've had in years.

Hit the wall here a few weeks ago, got me bad, ended up walking alongside my bike for a bit, head spinning, the last 3k was rough
Can’t get 4hrs riding out of a coffee and glass of orange juice!

Never drinking that Redbull stuff, can of the ‘red doctor’ either. But to get home the other week, yessir!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008943
Mobile Version of Website