Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 7:56 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
@PACNW-MTB

Yayahhhh! That's a DYN-0-MITE trail! Not enough snow & ice has melted around here yet to safely ride in the dirt, so I rode vicariously through your wonderful video. What's the bike? I couldn't recognize the frame. That a YT?

What scenery you have there. Now I'm even MORE anxious to get in the woods. That's a great vid--I'm keeping it.

~JSV

Thanks for the kudos! Glad you enjoyed the video. I just started recording my rides, as I usually ride solo, and it gives me something else to fiddle with. I've never been much of a photographer/videographer, but sure respect those who are, so I am trying to teach this old dog some new tricks!

Bike is a 2020 YT Jeffsy. I've just returned to mountain biking from a family-rearing, 30 year hiatus and realized that my old rigid Cannondale wasn't going to cut it, so I did some research to try and keep up with, and understand, all of this new tech. Due to Covid, I couldn't really try a new bike out, so I took a leap of faith and thinking I knew what I thought I wanted in a modern montain bike, narrowed it down to the Jeffsy and pulled the trigger. Ordered in April, not scheduled to arrive until July, I picked up a 2011 Stumpjumper to keep me satiated until the new Jeffsy arrived. I really like the Stumpy and will keep it as my "XC/trail" bike. The Jeffsy is everything I expected and more! It is above my pay grade for now, as I re-learn how to ride and get my 20 year-old legs and lungs back!

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 14:32 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
Raw trail video is up.

My friends and I past you at some point on the climb, I recognize your bike!

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 14:42 Quote
joelsman wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:
Raw trail video is up.

Yep, you alll PASSED me! Rub it in! LOL

I went to the viewpoint and bombed back down the way I came up. I think next time I want to try British Army and make more of a loop out of it rather than an up and back.

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 14:56 Quote
I just rode a bike around the neighborhood!!!! For f*cks sakes that took long enough! 5 months off the bike. Long way to go but I couldn’t stop giggling

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 15:02 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I just rode a bike around the neighborhood!!!! For f*cks sakes that took long enough! 5 months off the bike. Long way to go but I couldn’t stop giggling

Nice! Can’t believe it’s been 5 months already? Getting healed up in time for spring!

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 15:47 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Nice! Can’t believe it’s been 5 months already? Getting healed up in time for spring!

Yeah brutal but looking forward.

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 21:54 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Yeah brutal but looking forward.

What happened?

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 23:11 Quote
My mcl gave out skating a bowl... leg went sideways and my Tibial Plateau shattered...3 plates, ten screws and some cadaver paste later... Eek

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 23:31 Quote
Ouch. At least it sounds like the recovery is going alright. Make sure to heal properly, ster.

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 5:25 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

that's awesome Ster...! so glad to hear tup

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 7:10 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Ouch. At least it sounds like the recovery is going alright. Make sure to heal properly, ster.

It was pretty burly. And apparent immediately that recovery would be slow. So I’m going to take it slow. My confidence is not there with it holding together from a tendon/muscular standpoint. I think that will take a year. Hopefully this summer I can feel confident in it. But for now i have some simple braces I can use...

Thanks 750! So stoked!!!

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 7:24 Quote
Glad to see a rotation of the pedals ster. Honestly I think now it’s a matter of doing that consistently. Nothing hard or Aggro, just smooth pedal strokes to get the muscles, tendons and ligaments back in form and to shake off any remaining scar tissue. You’re on the right path.

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 8:25 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
Glad to see a rotation of the pedals ster. Honestly I think now it’s a matter of doing that consistently. Nothing hard or Aggro, just smooth pedal strokes to get the muscles, tendons and ligaments back in form and to shake off any remaining scar tissue. You’re on the right path.

Thats the plan. Maybe this weekend or next week we could go for a quiet one ?!?!

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 11:41 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
joelsman wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:
Raw trail video is up.

Yep, you alll PASSED me! Rub it in! LOL

I went to the viewpoint and bombed back down the way I came up. I think next time I want to try British Army and make more of a loop out of it rather than an up and back.

Do the lizard to Lilly lake connector trail to British army trail. You can go up some from there and down alternate incline or a little further to the trail you went up.

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 10:07 Quote
photo

Got out to one of my favorite local spots this morning. First ride in 3 weeks due to snow, which has been falling just frequently enough to keep trails too slick for my liking. Supposedly another round of the white stuff is on its way tonight, then a solid week of 65 degree weather - typical CO Front Range.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018669
Mobile Version of Website