Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 21:14 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
More AZ desert goods. This place is killer.

What AZ rides have you done so far? I don’t recognize the trail in your most recent pictures. How long are you hanging out in AZ?

Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 21:51 Quote
Ranger242 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

What AZ rides have you done so far? I don’t recognize the trail in your most recent pictures. How long are you hanging out in AZ?

So far just a couple in dead horse one called bones and one raptor ridge. And poking around the park.

The other stuff i did was around lake pleasant.

Going to look for something in sedona my knee can handle in the next week.

Kinda limited in a 35’ bus for trail access and have the fam with. We will likely be in your hood next weekish though. No idea where we’re staying but we want to check out Twosawn

Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 21:53 Quote
newbermuda wrote:

Got about halfway thru this tree in like 45 mins with a hand saw. any one have recommendations for better saws that i can be sneaky with?
Ive heard of a hand chain type saw that is supposed to be amazing but I cant recall the name of it....If you need to be kind of quiet maybe a cordless sawmill with a 60 volt battery would hack through it... We have a trail we made years ago that the forest service closed by dropping several trees on it, we are planning to have a chainsaw party in the middle of the night next month with 4 or 5 guys and chainsaws and open it back up... Should be fun... Gonna f*cking monkey wrench those pricks who closed it down.

Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 22:15 Quote
My buddy following me down this log roll in a free ride section I have been building.

Views: 39    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 23:11 Quote
newbermuda wrote:

Got about halfway thru this tree in like 45 mins with a hand saw. any one have recommendations for better saws that i can be sneaky with?

Silky Saw make the best hand saws. Also sneaky are battery chainsaws but they're not silent like a hand saw.

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 8:07 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

Ive heard of a hand chain type saw that is supposed to be amazing but I cant recall the name of it....If you need to be kind of quiet maybe a cordless sawmill with a 60 volt battery would hack through it... We have a trail we made years ago that the forest service closed by dropping several trees on it, we are planning to have a chainsaw party in the middle of the night next month with 4 or 5 guys and chainsaws and open it back up... Should be fun... Gonna f*cking monkey wrench those pricks who closed it down.

Ooo i think i know what youre talking about, like just the chain with a pull on either end or something if i remember. chainsaw party sounds super fun.

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 8:11 Quote
These guys.

https://www.westechrigging.com/forester-hand-chainsaw.html?msclkid=e409c2867bd415af7e05a2fc81b4643c

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 8:12 Quote
SpecializedFTW wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

Silky Saw make the best hand saws. Also sneaky are battery chainsaws but they're not silent like a hand saw.

The sneaky part for me is just getting it onto the trail, i think if i can find an electric chainsaw that i can fit in my backpack itll be ok. Its far enough into the woods that im not worried about a little noise

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 8:37 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
SpecializedFTW wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

The sneaky part for me is just getting it onto the trail, i think if i can find an electric chainsaw that i can fit in my backpack itll be ok. Its far enough into the woods that im not worried about a little noise

The DeWalt 20 volt with a 12" bar is really popular with trial builders here. It's pretty small and works really well. You can also throw a 60 volt battery on it for lots of power.

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 8:56 Quote
I guess two guys with small hand axes in your backpacks is out of the question??
Hey I figured, you already got it started there..

~JSV

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 12:51 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
My buddy following me down this log roll in a free ride section I have been building.

Views: 39    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Nice trail man

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 13:16 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
I guess two guys with small hand axes in your backpacks is out of the question??
Hey I figured, you already got it started there..

~JSV

Its not out of the question because i already did that yesterday. i would just prefer to cut a log in a few minutes rather than get halfway in an hour

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 14:07 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:
I had lunch up on a hill in a tree this week.

lunch up in a tree

Are you riding with a glass jar on you?!

I see no problem with that when the glass jar is in a pack with a back protector and not the only thing inside.

From today. Checked out a bigger tree to work on my lunch time branch management.

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 14:54 Quote
What a cool looking tree ! must be ancient.

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 16:21 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Ranger242 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

So far just a couple in dead horse one called bones and one raptor ridge. And poking around the park.

The other stuff i did was around lake pleasant.

Going to look for something in sedona my knee can handle in the next week.

Kinda limited in a 35’ bus for trail access and have the fam with. We will likely be in your hood next weekish though. No idea where we’re staying but we want to check out Twosawn

I’m traveling next week but hit me up if your in Tucson the following week. I’m generally flexible on weeknights for night riding and generally try to get out on Saturday mornings.

Dead horse is really cool. Not too difficult but great views and a few rocks to keep you honest. I’ve never ridden any of the trails around Lake Pleasant.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012801
Mobile Version of Website