Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 21:03 Quote
Yeah sounds good, if I make it to Tucson I’ll hit you up. New Mex is next but not sure what route yet. I liked dead horse. Honestly I have to be pretty careful still. I felt myself getting a bit cocky a few times and hit a drop that stunned my leg lol I found a bunch of moto and razor tracks I’m going to go scope in the morning. Just across from where we’re parked for a few days at an rv park. Pretty much just using it for safekeeping of the ship while we day trip to grand canyon and such. Hopefully i can find a few blue squares around sedona for fun.

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 22:32 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Yeah sounds good, if I make it to Tucson I’ll hit you up. New Mex is next but not sure what route yet. I liked dead horse. Honestly I have to be pretty careful still. I felt myself getting a bit cocky a few times and hit a drop that stunned my leg lol I found a bunch of moto and razor tracks I’m going to go scope in the morning. Just across from where we’re parked for a few days at an rv park. Pretty much just using it for safekeeping of the ship while we day trip to grand canyon and such. Hopefully i can find a few blue squares around sedona for fun.

Try the Chuckwagon/Mescal area in Sedona. They are fun trails that don’t get too rowdy.

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 0:49 Quote
My buddy got a new camera hero 8 I believe, we are just testing it out, has a great picture His angle is a bit low for most of the ride but will be able to get a few good clips from this ride.

Camara test
Views: 175    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 6:19 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Hopefully i can find a few blue squares around sedona for fun.

As long as you stay away from the blue waffles..... lol

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 9:58 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 10:10 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Oh no. Never search up blue waffle. Never.

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 13:38 Quote
First ride on the ankle went well. Just a little chickensh*t 6.5mi fire road ride, like 1200ft of vert. Uphills feel amazing, downhills are pretty rough even on the roads. Progress!

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 14:45 Quote
These things always look better when I'm there. It's just a peak of a little hill that looked nice on my ride today in the Fells. My fav' thing in this view is the Deity Bars and the Renthal stem anyway... lol

Seriously though I needed a little ride to get out and try this new DHR2, and it felt awesome.
There's a little bit of that 'brand new tire' thing when they haven't gotten sticky yet, but I actually noticed a bit more stability on the climbs over rocky sections, running DPX2 wide open uphill, and it was a little WET in there today from yesterdays rain. hit some muddy spots--always fun--and that tire seriously was diggin' in. IDK if it's just me, but I can tell right away that I'm going to like this tire better than the Purgatory AND I'm totally cool w/the 2.6 I had to get instead of the 2.4 (thought that was going to be an issue, np).
Handled great when I went off-trail onto the softer pine needle sections, rolling over logs and branches, took plenty of punishment and kept my line downhill on the rocks, love the tire.
I see this in many places I ride. Sometimes I just wonder and say nah-not today and sometime we just go for it and make our own path.

~JSV

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 15:22 Quote
live-free-mt wrote:
First ride on the ankle went well. Just a little chickensh*t 6.5mi fire road ride, like 1200ft of vert. Uphills feel amazing, downhills are pretty rough even on the roads. Progress!

Good for you for pushing through it !tup

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 15:32 Quote
@live-free-mt
Oh yeah, and don't feel like you're wimping-out on a mild ride! take it slow to not damage anything further or anything ELSE for that matter. Heck you're getting out there sooner than many would risk it as it is.
Be thankful that you're doing it at all. I told you before too that I've "over done it" nursing an injury and it ONLY put me back further, missing more riding time.

~JSV

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 15:42 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
These things always look better when I'm there. It's just a peak of a little hill that looked nice on my ride today in the Fells. My fav' thing in this view is the Deity Bars and the Renthal stem anyway... lol

Seriously though I needed a little ride to get out and try this new DHR2, and it felt awesome.
There's a little bit of that 'brand new tire' thing when they haven't gotten sticky yet, but I actually noticed a bit more stability on the climbs over rocky sections, running DPX2 wide open uphill, and it was a little WET in there today from yesterdays rain. hit some muddy spots--always fun--and that tire seriously was diggin' in. IDK if it's just me, but I can tell right away that I'm going to like this tire better than the Purgatory AND I'm totally cool w/the 2.6 I had to get instead of the 2.4 (thought that was going to be an issue, np).
Handled great when I went off-trail onto the softer pine needle sections, rolling over logs and branches, took plenty of punishment and kept my line downhill on the rocks, love the tire.
I see this in many places I ride. Sometimes I just wonder and say nah-not today and sometime we just go for it and make our own path.

~JSV
DHR 2 Great tire, try DHR 2 Double Down Max Grip if you want to take it to the next level of grip and side wall support.

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 16:09 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
DHR 2 Great tire, try DHR 2 Double Down Max Grip if you want to take it to the next level of grip and side wall support.
Totally. If I end up riding more wet & mud this season than I planned on, I may seriously take that advice from you and try that as my next tire. I didn't know that I'd notice the difference in this that much. It's great, glad I did it.

~JSV

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 16:31 Quote
Way to go live free! I hit a few rock gardens today and felt pretty good.

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 17:38 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:
Totally. If I end up riding more wet & mud this season than I planned on, I may seriously take that advice from you and try that as my next tire. I didn't know that I'd notice the difference in this that much. It's great, glad I did it.

~JSV

Proper tires make a world of difference. I switched from aggressor 2.5 with dd maxxterra casing to a High Roller 2.5 with dd maxxterra and a tannus insert. Hooooo doggie that thing grips. But slower uphill but I’ll take it for ability to rip and grip. Have fun with the dhr2 they are stellar tires!

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012327
Mobile Version of Website