Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 18:01 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:
DHR 2 Great tire, try DHR 2 Double Down Max Grip if you want to take it to the next level of grip and side wall support.
Totally. If I end up riding more wet & mud this season than I planned on, I may seriously take that advice from you and try that as my next tire. I didn't know that I'd notice the difference in this that much. It's great, glad I did it.

~JSV

Proper tires make a world of difference. I switched from aggressor 2.5 with dd maxxterra casing to a High Roller 2.5 with dd maxxterra and a tannus insert. Hooooo doggie that thing grips. But slower uphill but I’ll take it for ability to rip and grip. Have fun with the dhr2 they are stellar tires!
Cool ! let me know how the high roller holds up... Max grip wears fast but grips to the end... maxxterra roll a hell of a lot better. probably safe running it on rear.

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 0:16 Quote
Thanks for the support guys. Towards the end of the day I was definitely feeling ballsy and started to climb up to an area where there are only real trails to get down but about halfway up the climb I started to realize just how sore I was and took the road out. Really good call because even the small vibrations from riding the road was pretty painful. Probably gonna stick to low angle stuff for quite a while longer.

In other news I am in talks with the local forest circus guys on getting my permits to collect drone footage.

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 7:40 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
SpecializedFTW wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
photo

Got about halfway thru this tree in like 45 mins with a hand saw. any one have recommendations for better saws that i can be sneaky with?

Silky Saw make the best hand saws. Also sneaky are battery chainsaws but they're not silent like a hand saw.

The sneaky part for me is just getting it onto the trail, i think if i can find an electric chainsaw that i can fit in my backpack itll be ok. Its far enough into the woods that im not worried about a little noise

update; the same afternoon you mentioned silky saw, i saw a pro using one on instagram, messaged him about it and he said it was sick. Luckily i had an REI dividend just sitting there so picked up a 'Big Boy', should be able to get thru all kinds of logs now

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 7:45 Quote
Oh those are top shelf!

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 8:17 Quote
Oh sh*t yeah that's like one of those hand held folding saws right?
I use those ALL the time cutting erroneous stuff growing around my yard. Their insane and do a hell of a job.
Maybe I didn't think of suggesting that because I use them for smaller tree limbs and branches, but that actually sounds like a brilliant idea. I borrowed a nice one from a friend a few years ago, it worked out so well I went and got a CHEAP one and even that thing is a monster. Cuts the branches in no time.
On a big log like that, as long as you have a good starting point to get it in it should rip it apart.

~JSV

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 12:03 Quote
I've got a Silky Oyakata. Make sure to get the blade for fresh wood. Brilliant piece of kit.
Just don't lend it to a friend who does not acknowledge that it solely cuts on the pull stroke...

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 12:10 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
What a cool looking tree ! must be ancient.

Looks even better from the other side.

photo

Short ride today.
tightest switchbacks in town
tightest switchbacks in town

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 13:54 Quote
oof those are endo corners haha

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 15:02 Quote
[Quote="pyromaniac"]
mtnryder-co wrote:
What a cool looking tree ! must be ancient.

Looks even better from the other side.

photo

Would hug !,

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 15:06 Quote
IDK... that tree's got some serious ballZ...

~JSV

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 15:10 Quote
We've got Andres new GoPro pretty dialed with the angle and stuff so finally I can make some less shaky videos... This is the lower portion of my daily ride with my buddy on follow cam...also a couple miles of my trail building over the last few years...

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 16:11 Quote
Rosemount wrote:
Gone Coastal

Calm day at the spit

Oz SLSC Championships

That's what I'm talkin' about! Gorgeous!

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 16:40 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
Rosemount wrote:
Gone Coastal

Calm day at the spit

Oz SLSC Championships

That's what I'm talkin' about! Gorgeous!

That warm sun and ocean side looks intriguing !!... we had warm and sun last week now rain and snow but trails are ridiculously tacky and fun so I will take it !!!!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.045473
Mobile Version of Website