Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 21:08 Quote
Yeah it's been a very dusty April.
I remember my wife (girlfriend at the time) crashing off of that word work close to the beginning of Evo on a super wet day. I imagine in the dry you can fly down it.

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 21:16 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Yeah it's been a very dusty April.
I remember my wife (girlfriend at the time) crashing off of that word work close to the beginning of Evo on a super wet day. I imagine in the dry you can fly down it.

It's definitely a little more confidence-inspiring when it's dry. The wood features anyway, it is a little weird to be riding dry and dusty this time of year, it is usually either sloppy wet or super-tacky-hero damp in April.

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 21:30 Quote
I need to get back up there. The log ride on EVO is one of those logs that sounds incredible as you roll down it.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 22:37 Quote
Maybe you can try the tuneskit acemovi, it help me a lot.
sterlingmagnum wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:
Took a quick lap out and back on the new Bottoms Up trail. Nothing too exciting, this is actually a climbing trail (two way) that allows Galbraith access from the Sudden Valley area without having to climb the access road AKA "The Wall".

7 miles, 1400'

Video is raw footage of mostly the downhill bits. Still messing around with camera settings, lenses, etc, so my apologies in advance! I guess I need to invest in proper video editing software to learn how to produce a decent vid!

Did they finish punching it in to the top of 4000 ?

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 23:07 Quote
niko21 wrote:
Maybe you can try the tuneskit acemovi, it help me a lot.
sterlingmagnum wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:
Took a quick lap out and back on the new Bottoms Up trail. Nothing too exciting, this is actually a climbing trail (two way) that allows Galbraith access from the Sudden Valley area without having to climb the access road AKA "The Wall".

7 miles, 1400'

Video is raw footage of mostly the downhill bits. Still messing around with camera settings, lenses, etc, so my apologies in advance! I guess I need to invest in proper video editing software to learn how to produce a decent vid!

Did they finish punching it in to the top of 4000 ?
I some how managed air drop a vid from my buddies phone that was from his GoPro 8 to my phone then air dropped to my laptop and then downloaded it as a mp4 then was able to edit it on the free GoPro studio...Im not a computer guy just somehow fumbled through it...I forget what camera you are using @PACNW ? does a good job.

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 5:40 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
I forget what camera you are using @PACNW ? does a good job.

Using the Hero 9.

Here is yesterdays' footage of the Bottom's Up trail. Top half of this trail opened late last season, it is riding so good!

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 8:31 Quote
@PACNW-MTB
I love these vid's you make, and I think it's because of where you ride. Perfect locations, and I want to get out and ride every time I see one of these. Reminds me a little bit of the woodsy areas here in New England.

~JSV

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 8:54 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
@PACNW-MTB
I love these vid's you make, and I think it's because of where you ride. Perfect locations, and I want to get out and ride every time I see one of these. Reminds me a little bit of the woodsy areas here in New England.

~JSV
New England... Was in Vermont riding a few years ag... that place rocks! Just can never tell what direction you are going cause you are in the trees all the time...Great vibes in Vermont, seems a bit more civilized than the wild west.

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 12:33 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
@PACNW-MTB

~JSV
Thank-You! That is why I enjoy posting them, it certainly isn’t to showcase my fabulous riding skills!

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 16:15 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
@PACNW-MTB

~JSV
Thank-You! That is why I enjoy posting them, it certainly isn’t to showcase my fabulous riding skills!
Oh no I know... We'll start ANOTHER forum for that!!! Pimp

~JSV

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 9:44 Quote
Conditions are prime around here lately.....Chainsaw work complete. until next wind storm anyway. Some Colorado style XC riding.

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 13:09 Quote
@mtnryder-co
Good stuff! Nice ride!
Showing that Hardtails are still a very viable and enjoyable form of the sport. My HTs are nowhere near the level or capability of my FS, but I still love a good ride on a HT. I tend to damage my inexpensive HTs, mostly components, because I ride them way beyond what they're truly capable of. I get carried away...

There's something to be said for the rigidity and stability you get from a HT on the right terrain that make them fun.

~JSV

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 19:25 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
@mtnryder-co
Good stuff! Nice ride!
Showing that Hardtails are still a very viable and enjoyable form of the sport. My HTs are nowhere near the level or capability of my FS, but I still love a good ride on a HT. I tend to damage my inexpensive HTs, mostly components, because I ride them way beyond what they're truly capable of. I get carried away...

There's something to be said for the rigidity and stability you get from a HT on the right terrain that make them fun.

~JSV
I guess it is pretty lame to say in my over 50 years of riding I haven't tried out a full suspension bike yet, I said it was gonna happen when I turned 50, now Im 57 so maybe when I hit 60 it will happen.

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 10:10 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
@mtnryder-co
Good stuff! Nice ride!

~JSV
I guess it is pretty lame to say in my over 50 years of riding I haven't tried out a full suspension bike yet, I said it was gonna happen when I turned 50, now Im 57 so maybe when I hit 60 it will happen.
On the contrary, there's nothing lame about it! You have some hefty HTs there with high quality forks. That makes for a great ride. If I wasn't so desperate (or st00pid) to invest all this $$ in a carbon FS, I would like to have gotten a very capable HT w/a dropper. They're impressive, and when I see riders ripping it up on those I take them seriously, AND there's way less maintenance.

~JSV

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014566
Mobile Version of Website