PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 10:18 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
@mtnryder-co
Good stuff! Nice ride!
Showing that Hardtails are still a very viable and enjoyable form of the sport. My HTs are nowhere near the level or capability of my FS, but I still love a good ride on a HT. I tend to damage my inexpensive HTs, mostly components, because I ride them way beyond what they're truly capable of. I get carried away...

There's something to be said for the rigidity and stability you get from a HT on the right terrain that make them fun.

~JSV
I guess it is pretty lame to say in my over 50 years of riding I haven't tried out a full suspension bike yet, I said it was gonna happen when I turned 50, now Im 57 so maybe when I hit 60 it will happen.
On the contrary, there's nothing lame about it! You have some hefty HTs there with high quality forks. That makes for a great ride. If I wasn't so desperate (or st00pid) to invest all this $$ in a carbon FS, I would like to have gotten a very capable HT w/a dropper. They're impressive, and when I see riders ripping it up on those I take them seriously, AND there's way less maintenance.

~JSV
Yeah, I guess about the time I was about to go for a full suspension bike hardtails started getting more interesting, Then geometry kept on progressing so it kept me hooked.

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 16:24 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
On the contrary, there's nothing lame about it! You have some hefty HTs there with high quality forks. That makes for a great ride. If I wasn't so desperate (or st00pid) to invest all this $$ in a carbon FS, I would like to have gotten a very capable HT w/a dropper. They're impressive, and when I see riders ripping it up on those I take them seriously, AND there's way less maintenance.

~JSV
When you see a guy on a nice ht you know that he will be faster than you no matter how fast you are and its fact.

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 17:52 Quote
Back in the Fells today for an afternoon ride. Lots 0 fun, but...

I saw a trail with some huge jagged rocks that looked like a lot of fun to ride over. I had a blast and my bike ate it up, until.. I suddenly found myself lost, really lost. I have a tendency to do that when I'm "adventure" riding. I had to bike through the HIKING PATHS for almost an hour lol! kRaZy sTeeP narrow trails full of logs and rocks and massive roots, insane. That's one hell of a workout. Finally found my way back. That place seems so big when you're in there.
photo

~JSV

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 18:50 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
Back in the Fells today for an afternoon ride. Lots 0 fun, but...

I saw a trail with some huge jagged rocks that looked like a lot of fun to ride over. I had a blast and my bike ate it up, until.. I suddenly found myself lost, really lost. I have a tendency to do that when I'm "adventure" riding. I had to bike through the HIKING PATHS for almost an hour lol! kRaZy sTeeP narrow trails full of logs and rocks and massive roots, insane. That's one hell of a workout. Finally found my way back. That place seems so big when you're in there.
photo

~JSV

Sick. when i ride “hiking paths”, i get yelled at by angry old women. I generally avoid the more popular hiking trails, but the old decommissioned ones make for steep fun.

I have my right arm completely covered in swollen poison oak for the 2nd time this year. Motivating to ride is difficult. Sigh.

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 19:16 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Sick. when i ride “hiking paths”, i get yelled at by angry old women. I generally avoid the more popular hiking trails, but the old decommissioned ones make for steep fun.

You guys got nuthin' on Bellingham, here we get stabbed! LOL

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 19:29 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

true what a clusterf*ck

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 19:35 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

I read about that....Psycho hiker.

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 19:44 Quote
In NYC, you get robbed Blank Stare

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 19:56 Quote
fredro wrote:
In NYC, you get robbed Blank Stare
Robbed, stabbed and laughed at/insulted

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 20:09 Quote
One of my best friends of over 40 years got shot to death and buried under a pile of brush on a local trail about 3 years ago....Still have nightmares about it...Shooter never found.

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 22:27 Quote
Thats f*cked i watched a short documentary about that.

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 23:02 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Thats f*cked i watched a short documentary about that.
You probably watched the documentary about Mike Rust, another life long friend who was murdered but by his own gun that someone stoled from him. . they did eventually catch the killer on that crime, My buddy Tim was just randomly shot while out on a trail ride a few years ago. found with multiple gun shot wounds..

Tim Watkins

My friend Tim found off local trail dead full of bullet holes 2 years ago.

Mike Rust

photo

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 23:03 Quote
Oh man yep that was it. That’s devastating to loose two buddies like that. Sorry man that messed up stuff.

Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 6:56 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
One of my best friends of over 40 years got shot to death and buried under a pile of brush on a local trail about 3 years ago....Still have nightmares about it...Shooter never found.

yeah...I recall you posting not to long ago about people just random shooting out around where you ride. Shooting down trees and shit, and all the shit pile messes they'd leave behind.

And I do remember you mentioning your buddies. Truly sad...

O+
Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 18:10 Quote
We've had issues with people shooting in our area too. Never at us per se, but definitely makes you think twice about how you interact with them.

Certain trails/times of year we carry while we ride, just for the peace of mind.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020668
Mobile Version of Website