Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: May 18, 2021 at 6:04 Quote
Good stuff

I finally took a few pictures of a spot. This is a mellow green trail zone but beautiful in New Mexico. Just outside of Roswell.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 6:50 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Good stuff

I finally took a few pictures of a spot. This is a mellow green trail zone but beautiful in New Mexico. Just outside of Roswell.

sweet...! looks like some of that wall of rock crumbled maybe....?

is that an alien in that first shot ???? I hear they can look like humans. Probably even ride bicycles.... Eek

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 11:18 Quote
Night-Riding is the NuTz!!!

I've been wanting to night-ride this flowy trail we do that's TWO rides connected. The same ride I did w/a friend a few days ago I posted here:
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=163503&pagenum=854#commentid7004471

Now unfortunately my friend left his phone in the car, and all I had in my pack was my tiny flip-phone that had no memory for pics... I know, of all times. Would've been great pics.

First time I ever did this particular ride at night, and I've been riding this one for several years now. I have to say we sort of overprepared with lights. We never used ALL of our lights on high or "boost" at the same time. For about 80% of the trip I had only my NightRider Dual 1800-boost set to MEDIUM, and that ALONE would've been enough. I also had the NR Lumina Oled 1200-boost on my bars, hardly used it didn't even need it.

That NR Dual 1800 is an amazing light for night riding in the woods! When these things are on high setting you see everything. We hit the trail about 9:30pm and didn't finish until almost 1:30am! I love night riding, and that had to be the best night-ride I can remember doing in years. We might go back and do that same ride real soon.

All you night-riders chime-in and tell me how much fun you have...

~JSV

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 11:24 Quote
thats AWESOME Scary...!! I love riding at night, or pre-dawn. either way is just an absolute blast to me. I need to do more of those this summer.

love my NiteRider lights (Mi-newt duals...) as well... by far the best $24 I've ever spent on e/bay....haha....

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 14:47 Quote
adm750 wrote:
thats AWESOME Scary...!! I love riding at night, or pre-dawn. either way is just an absolute blast to me. I need to do more of those this summer.

love my NiteRider lights (Mi-newt duals...) as well... by far the best $24 I've ever spent on e/bay....haha....
I know, I'm always saying we'll do more night rides, and it doesn't always work out. I only have a few friends that like it, want to do it, or even keep to the plan. years ago I had a friend that liked it and we did it a lot, and we didn't even have lights this good when we did those lol!

It's more fun with two or three riders though, and so it's harder to schedule. Stickin' to the plan this season so far...

Can't wait for the next one!

~JSV

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 1:39 Quote
Slowly easing back into it .
I did a lap down to Nambour town and back this morning . Then out to the Parklands this afternoon .

Did my 1st wheelie in a month , then my 1st jump . The jump hurt a little . I`ll take it easy tomorrow a big weekend coming up .
Saturday at Tewantin and Sunday at Gympie .

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 10:48 Quote
Rosemount wrote:
""..Slowly easing back into it .."
KEEP that in mind! Being able to ride AT ALL is a blessing after injury. Don't screw it up, make sure you'll be at least at limited capacity and MAYBE full capacity later in the season.

I injured my elbow maybe 4 summers ago, and that was from swinging a bat, overdoing it at our old-guys baseball practice. Let it kind of heal, not long ENOUGH st00pid me. Kept playing tennis with tape and pain patches all over my arm.. then more tennis.. then doubles tennis.. then OUCH!

Guess what--NO MORE tennis or baseball the rest of that season, more than two months before I could even TRY swinging a racquet. WAS still able to bike ride however at a bit limited capacity, but I could've screwed THAT up too. I push things too far sometimes and could've injured myself more severely.

You're likely NOT as st00pid as I am or was, but so often bike enthusiasts fit-the-bill of being athletic people pushing themselves too far, so, just a friendly reminder. SOFT biking is better than NO biking.

lol! Have fun though!

~JSV

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 22:07 Quote
This bike is so rewarding to ride. Love it.

Also climbed to the top of my lunch tree when the sun was down.

Posted: May 21, 2021 at 4:42 Quote
dinner tree...

pretty cool shot pyro...!!

Posted: May 23, 2021 at 16:08 Quote

Early morning sneak out to ride Rosy Boa over in Leavenworth,WA. Good day out! Felt odd not riding with my shredtoberfest homies.

Posted: May 23, 2021 at 19:45 Quote
Leavenworth looks so rad.

Posted: May 23, 2021 at 19:46 Quote
@bkchef2000
I noticed it's spelled "rosy boa" on the sign, but "rosie boa" on the map? Great looking ride, who wouldn't want to do THAT one! So how long is that loop if you ride it all? I probably shouldn't have asked. It always reminds me of "roadies" when you start showing concern for how many miles you're riding.

So I got out today too. Nothing glamorous or exotic like your ride there, but at least I got a good ride in.
I had a friend that planned a ride w/me for this morning, cancels last minute, so as a consolation prize I went into the Fells on my own, for like three hours...

A three hour tour...
A three hour tour...
(Sung to the tune of Gilligan's Island)
The rocks and roots were very rough - The sun was at it's peak
If not for the courage and the stump - jump - er
The ride would have been bleak...

Decided to see the lake area from the brake rotors' point of view:
On my snack and water break during the first REALLY hot trail ride this season. A view of the lake from the rotors point of view. Had riding plans w a friend and something came up he couldn t make it so as a consolation prize I went up to the Fells again myself.
This was indeed the first REAL hot one this season.

~JSV

Posted: May 23, 2021 at 19:47 Quote
Its really fun... so is Utah. Got a quick one in this morning and another longer ride lined up for breakfast tomorrow.

Posted: May 23, 2021 at 20:10 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
@bkchef2000
I noticed it's spelled "rosy boa" on the sign, but "rosie boa" on the map? Great looking ride, who wouldn't want to do THAT one! So how long is that loop if you ride it all? I probably shouldn't have asked. It always reminds me of "roadies" when you start showing concern for how many miles you're riding.

So I got out today too. Nothing glamorous or exotic like your ride there, but at least I got a good ride in.
I had a friend that planned a ride w/me for this morning, cancels last minute, so as a consolation prize I went into the Fells on my own, for like three hours...

A three hour tour...
A three hour tour...

On my snack and water break during the first REALLY hot trail ride this season. A view of the lake from the rotors point of view. Had riding plans w a friend and something came up he couldn t make it so as a consolation prize I went up to the Fells again myself.

~JSV

That loop was just shy of 6 miles. There are other loops real close by that can net you 15+ if you want it. I only had a little time to get after it. Got back to the family as they were finishing up breakfast. Next time I’m there I want to try ribbed. Supposed to be a great jump line.

Slaker, you’ll need to join us for a shredtoberfest some day. You’ll smash us all though on the climbs.

Posted: May 23, 2021 at 20:27 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
@bkchef2000

A three hour tour...
A three hour tour...

~JSV

That loop was just shy of 6 miles. There are other loops real close by that can net you 15+ if you want it. I only had a little time to get after it. Got back to the family as they were finishing up breakfast. Next time I’m there I want to try ribbed. Supposed to be a great jump line.

Slaker, you’ll need to join us for a shredtoberfest some day. You’ll smash us all though on the climbs.
Thanks, would love to check that out. ! After my 16 year old cat passes I plan to do some trips to cool places to ride and the PNW is way up on the list...Dont like to leave the old guy for more than 1 night by himself and dont trust anyone to take care of him...I have been watching some Jeff kendall weed videos from last year of him filming some pretty epic looking alpine rides in washington... any of you guy don something like angles staircase or in that general area... looks beautiful..

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015707
Mobile Version of Website