Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 8:26 Quote
I’d say more on the f#cked up side.

Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 10:27 Quote
Attempted grievous bodily harm possibly manslaughter..

Sick in the f*cking head. Evil

Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 16:55 Quote
My area of the world seems to be full to these people.

Of course I know there are plenty of a*shole mountain bikers too...but setting traps is really bad,,Has me riding on edge at times thinking about it....Blind drops are the worst for me now after casing an intentionally placed boulder on a drop a couple years ago and getting seriously injured, dented my down tube and fractured ribs near my sternum....My buddy also cased it in front of me but his SB 6 saved him....My hardtail wasn't as forgiving...

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 7:07 Quote
damned mtnryder, that blows........

I'm definitely going to be more mindful of shit like this as I ride. Not that I'm not, but I'm going to dial my ass-hat radar up a few clicks.

Will also discuss with my riding crew the next time we're together as I'm normally one or two down in the pack and not usually running out front. I'd hate to anyone get caught out like that.

I mean, shit guys, we're all out just trying to have fun and stay healthy - it's sad we have to consider this stuff.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 10:41 Quote
@adm750
Indeed you're right. As I told my story about this, it DID make me more aware, but I admit after a few rides with a heads-up to these things, I become a bit complacent and unfortunately it takes an incident like this to remind myself of the potential insanity.

Maybe someone should start posting little warning signs at the trail heads to give riders a little reminder or something, and then MAYBE the culprits will be a bit deterred, who knows.

~JSV

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 10:54 Quote
adm750 wrote:
damned mtnryder, that blows........

I'm definitely going to be more mindful of shit like this as I ride. Not that I'm not, but I'm going to dial my ass-hat radar up a few clicks.

Will also discuss with my riding crew the next time we're together as I'm normally one or two down in the pack and not usually running out front. I'd hate to anyone get caught out like that.

I mean, shit guys, we're all out just trying to have fun and stay healthy - it's sad we have to consider this stuff.

Problem is, once your having fun, we all tend to forget what we ought to be wary of , but for sure, this has made us more aware

I can’t imagine seeing one of my buddies impaled by a f*cking sharpened tree branch etc, just no

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 16:27 Quote
A pic from Tuesdays XC ride .

Browns Creek Yandina .
Browns Creek Yandina

@ Slaker
Bad news bro ! WTF is wrong with humans ? We used to have psychopaths stringing ropes and wires on moto tracks when I was a kid . But those tree spears are on another level . Stay safe bro .

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 16:34 Quote
chacou wrote:
Looks like you got a good thing going on over there Rosemount. Surf and ride in the same day?

They say beautiful one day , perfect the next .
I thank my parents for moving here when I was a boy . I was a surfer and life guard as a teenager . I prefer the bush these days . Still take a ride along the coast regularly to keep in touch with my roots .
They have a good skate park by the beach I like to practice my pumps there .

I enjoy seeing where folks ride . Maybe one day when we are free to travel again I can visit some of those places .

We ride all of those trails in the video , all within an hours drive . As well as the XC rides I do with the MTB clubs .
There`s plenty going on here . Not to mention my own guerilla trails right here in my hood . Shhh !

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 18:02 Quote
Rosemount wrote:
I thank my parents for moving here when I was a boy .

I hope my kids have this perspective when they're older. Recently finished building up a 20" C-Dale I got a great deal on the second hand market for my daughter. Just had a shakedown ride on the road out front of our place. She was asking me about a kickstand, and I keep insisting no, finally got her to stop asking by showing her the stick trick. Stoked 7 year old.
Daughter s custom 20 Cannondale w 85mm coil fork. Butter smooth.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 18:44 Quote
chacou wrote:
Rosemount wrote:
I thank my parents for moving here when I was a boy .

I hope my kids have this perspective when they're older. Recently finished building up a 20" C-Dale I got a great deal on the second hand market for my daughter. Just had a shakedown ride on the road out front of our place. She was asking me about a kickstand, and I keep insisting no, finally got her to stop asking by showing her the stick trick. Stoked 7 year old.
Daughter s custom 20 Cannondale w 85mm coil fork. Butter smooth.

Awesome !
My folks didn`t buy me my 1st bike till I was 10 ...

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 19:24 Quote
Rosemount wrote:
My folks didn`t buy me my 1st bike till I was 10 ...

Thanks guys.
This is actually her 4th bike already. They do contribute around the house for their bikes/toys/etc., sorta, and definitely will be when a little older. We're trying to not raise entitled people, but I also recognize that sometimes equipment can make or break enjoying certain activities for the kids.

1. Chicco "Red Bullet" balance bike, each kid started on this around ~2 y/o or earlier, basically once they could walk
2. Woom 2 12" first pedal bike for both kids and then I was able to get basically retail value for it on the used market, kinda crazy but they're hard to come by these days
3. Woom 3 16" pedal bike
4. C-Dale 20" hardtail

Her little bro (5 y/o) gets the hand-me-downs, he's currently on a the 16" single speed, but jonesing for gears and suspension of his own.

Here's his rig, slightly modded the stays to fit 2.2" Vee rubber since the stock tires are too narrow for the trails around here.
Ev s slightly modded Woom 3. Did a little custom work on the stays to fit the 2.2 Vee rubber. The boy and terrain demands fat tires.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 19:49 Quote
I've actually got another 20" SRS XCT Jr. coil fork in the garage that I've considered putting on lil dude's 16". Mullet his single speed hard tail and go for a lap at Trestle or Keystone, just for kicks.
But I need to build up another set of 20" disc compatible wheels. Got all the parts but the rim and spokes waiting for it, in anticipation that he'll be ready for a 20" before she's ready to move to a 24"
Building up their bikes also gives me something to do since I feel pretty content with my current builds, and it's fun to see them getting into rowdy (for them) terrain. I just need to get better at taking riding photos.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009603
Mobile Version of Website