Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 13:46 Quote
ToddM1 wrote:
That's really fantastic!! Nice job not only completing it, but beating your estimated time, AND doing without having it all dialed in! If you're into such things, GU Roctane, and Liquid I.V. are both excellent endurance sport products. Put a few magnesium pills into your hydration bladder along with the the drink mix, and that can really make a difference.

One of the things I actually remembered to do, was get some drink mix with magnesium in it, that helped a bit, but I carried waaaaaay too few energy bars.
When I had 50 km left, I was pretty much ready to lie down and wait for death, there was zero energy left.
Learned some lessons, and will most likely try again next year, though with a lot more preparation.

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 14:27 Quote
The GU Roctane taken every 30-45min would have helped prevent the "Bonking" at 50km remaining. Peeled tangerines can be a great gift as well. Always challenging to "eat" during a long distance event, whether running or biking. Depending on exertion level (and the stomach shutting down) a stomach full of bars can be as bad, or worse, than not eating enough.

You did great gutting that race out!

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 15:02 Quote
Did a cool alpine traverse yesterday. Mix of Singletrack, doubletrack and freeride. Smoke blocked some of the scenery but not all of it!

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Freeride line and final descent of the day.

photo

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 15:21 Quote
Salute Wow!! How'd you get to the top of that run? (I'm not familiar with that area)

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 15:30 Quote
Talking sufferfests I signed on as a volunteer at the local 100 KM marathon .
The job I signed up for was sweep rider on a section of course . We get some swag with sponsors printed all over .

Saturday morning 6 am - to mid day .

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 15:30 Quote
GravityCandy wrote:
Did a cool alpine traverse yesterday. Mix of Singletrack, doubletrack and freeride. Smoke blocked some of the scenery but not all of it!

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Freeride line and final descent of the day.

photo

EPIC bro !

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 1:09 Quote
Awesome @GravityCandy

I got up early yesterday to get some riding in before the rest of the family got up.

sunrise

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

important line choice
line choice is essential

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 6:03 Quote
killer posts gents:

@losvar - congrats on the race !!

@gravitycandy - dayum...that last descent looks epic. what a ride that musta been

@pyro - stay off the shrooms bro Wink

@rose - cool bean on the sweep rider gig. (I have a friend that does that for moto in N. Carolina)

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 6:33 Quote
Excellent photos and video guys!

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 7:05 Quote
Great stuff. Hopefully get to something photoworthy soon

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 8:01 Quote
just got to watch the vid Rose - kick ass as always mate Salute

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 20:35 Quote
Fabulous weekend with cooler temps and very welcome precipitation which made for super tacky fun rowdy riding conditions, Saturday rode with my bro on some pretty secluded private trails and Sunday was a really long solo ride in the alpine about 6 hours of climbing and descending , diverse riding conditions varying from partly cloudy mild skies to a full on electrical storm with non stop rain and small hail for about 2 hours, did not want to make contact with the ground so pedaled through it non stop was pretty exhilarating, was kind of like that fight or flight feeling which nourishes the soul, was soaking wet but never got to uncomfortably cold. Its always amazing when I cover 60 miles of trail and never see another person... The Pike national forest is an amazing place but can be some very strenuous riding when completing loops with out a shuttle...So glad this wilderness has remained protected.

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 20:51 Quote
Oh yeah and this is from last week, some of the biggest critter tracks I have seen anywhere around here and they are not bear tracks or elk or moose...I could easily fit my whole hand in these depressions with room to spare and I have big hands, they are all over it this particular spot...

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030747
Mobile Version of Website