Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Author Message
Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 21:15 Quote
30 KM / 20 miles of single track this morning .
Scoping out some circuits for group rides .

Tezza 75 yrs young .
Teasin Terry 75 years old an inspiration to us 50 odd year olds .

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 19:24 Quote
Neighborhood trails, but the steep parts
Denver's out there in the brown
Eagle + Mullet = Party time!

Finally getting out again! It feels like forever since "free time" is a thing. Except I'm still building the new bike, BB should arrive tomorrow along with OneUp Switch chainring and bashguide. I've been riding the Pedalhead mullet, it's crazy how well it climbs with that 12th granny gear. Although if I were to keep it mullet, and I'm strongly considering, then I'll need to dish the rear wheels and get shorter cranks, thinking 160 RF Atlas, I found some cheapish online. Currently I'm on 175 RF Turbine and they're sketchy to say the least.

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 19:35 Quote
Looks dreamy....^.....Such a great time of year to be out riding........

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 8:34 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
Looks dreamy....^.....Such a great time of year to be out riding........

It's good to be back behind bars, and I was just not riding because I was repairing a house. It's especially good to be riding a "new" setup, the mullet is really tons of fun, just really low BB so you gotta be extra extra careful.
well here's a few more, why not https://www.pinkbike.com/u/chacou/album/lost-jon-e/. hike a bike up, and then photo shoot at sunset in the meadow Big Grin

How're you feeling these days?

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 16:29 Quote
Im not resting enough......need to chill so I can get better... Realizing how hard of a hit I took and its gonna take a minute to heal...But I will eventually be better.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 18:45 Quote
How are you dealing with being off the bike?
I somehow strained my hip flexor and as someone who rides almost everyday its weird to have to think about potentially 1-2 weeks off the bike. I cant even imagine how youre dealing with long term recovery…

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 18:54 Quote
You’re at close to what 5 weeks now?

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 20:51 Quote
chacou wrote:
You’re at close to what 5 weeks now?


It has been 20 days since crash.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 21:03 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
How are you dealing with being off the bike?
I somehow strained my hip flexor and as someone who rides almost everyday its weird to have to think about potentially 1-2 weeks off the bike. I cant even imagine how youre dealing with long term recovery…



To be honest the way the body feels I am not that anxious, although I have built my steel 631 back up with a new look and ordered some cheap semi semi slicks and trying to get the bike dialed to do some basic pedaling on to build back up fitness whenever I am ready....doctors said it would be 8 to 12 weeks for pelvis to heal but I have been trying to work some so not sure if i'm helping it or hindering healing ?????i I really need to schedule a follow uo appointment to see where Im at..

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 21:26 Quote
Yep... take your time... It took me 5 months to be able to walk... even that was more like a hobble. Amazing when you get back on it. Its like a dream come true. tup

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 22:44 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
How are you dealing with being off the bike?
I somehow strained my hip flexor and as someone who rides almost everyday its weird to have to think about potentially 1-2 weeks off the bike. I cant even imagine how youre dealing with long term recovery…



To be honest the way the body feels I am not that anxious, although I have built my steel 631 back up with a new look and ordered some cheap semi semi slicks and trying to get the bike dialed to do some basic pedaling on to build back up fitness whenever I am ready....doctors said it would be 8 to 12 weeks for pelvis to heal but I have been trying to work some so not sure if i'm helping it or hindering healing ?????i I really need to schedule a follow uo appointment to see where Im at..

I cannot imagine being that broken and having to go to work. Definitely sucks to be in that position. As Ster said, take your time.

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 16:04 Quote
@mtnryder damn dude, I hope you can take it at least a bit easy, hopefully have a helper for work or something. My experience has always been the better I rest the faster I recover. Which means quality eating and usually little to/no drinking too, which is tough this time of year with Oktoberfest. I'll be heading to Salida in a little over a week for the Colorado Brewers Rendesvous, pouring my brother's beer for Rockyard Brewery. Maybe you should head to Salida for the beer fest? Wink

Got the new GG Smash done. Almost had a heart attack when I cross threaded the non-drive side BB at first. Then all was good and got out for a mellow iron maiden voyage in this afternoon. It rocks. lol On paper it looked like it would be much bigger, and it is, but it wears it very well I think, really fun.

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 16:54 Quote
Only one tree down after the storm last weekend. It was nice enough to notch itself in another tree, so it didn't have to be cut out of the trail.


Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 17:36 Quote
Forest looks like Endor


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011629
Mobile Version of Website