Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 10:02 Quote
The pike came with a fender, but its zip tied on. Really, in 2021 with all the advances in bikes, the best Rockshox could do is zip ties. My fox was screwed on. It only rains 1 or 2 days a year in Socal anyways!

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 10:05 Quote
Dustndirt wrote:
The pike came with a fender, but its zip tied on. Really, in 2021 with all the advances in bikes, the best Rockshox could do is zip ties. My fox was screwed on. It only rains 1 or 2 days a year in Socal anyways!

If you ride at speed on loose rocky surfaces the guard will help protect your stanchions from pitting as well.

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 10:22 Quote
Didn't think about that. Thanks will put on as soon as wife and kids allow it.

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 13:15 Quote
Finally got the Rootdown cobbled together with parts from my garage and Chef’s lol Thanks Chef!!!! This is a hoot.
I should be able to get out more often locally without having to plan out driving to the good stuff

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 13:42 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Sounds like you might need a dirt wizard in your life Wink

Pumped to get some more Dirt Wizard mud guards coming in a short while. Everything is pre order at the moment as I am laid up in the Hospital with a shattered tibia eek Big Thanks to Dialed MTB for getting these printed up for me

Hey Dick!! No selling in the forums!!! lol lol

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 14:14 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Finally got the Rootdown cobbled together with parts from my garage and Chef’s lol Thanks Chef!!!! This is a hoot.
I should be able to get out more often locally without having to plan out driving to the good stuff

Those wheels are nice. You can get 3 more pawls for it and double the engagement on them…

The bars look better on that white bike than my indigo colored one. Wish PNW did a silver bar

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 15:29 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Curious how the bike feels handling wise set up like that ????

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 17:30 Quote
Is that a rigid fork , if so what brand?

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 19:33 Quote
Actually the hub feels pretty damn solid... but really? I would always go for higher engagements!

Yes rigid fork a Kona P2 off of my 2020 Unit that some meth head is probably getting his shit stained shorts all over as we type....

Bike handles great. Its comfortable and pedals fantastic. Very happy with it. BB is low AF though so I had to adjust some pedal techniques for a few minutes. Its going to be more of a mellow thing, not getting gnar on it any time soon... Eek

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 19:33 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Sounds like you might need a dirt wizard in your life Wink

Pumped to get some more Dirt Wizard mud guards coming in a short while. Everything is pre order at the moment as I am laid up in the Hospital with a shattered tibia eek Big Thanks to Dialed MTB for getting these printed up for me

Hey Dick!! No selling in the forums!!! lol lol

No sales here just a friendly suggestionlol

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 7:27 Quote
Chilly dirt church yesterday morning. A snow squall kept us huddled in the truck for ~30 minutes before pedaling and hiking up ~2380' over ~3.5mi for a ripping descent. Plenty of sketchy roots and rocks, but that dirt was so perfect. Jane was stoked to be back on trail and I'm loving this GG Smash I built up in early September and have hardly ridden since.

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 8:52 Quote
Snow.... oooof .... here it comes....

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 13:16 Quote
I was able to get just over 20 miles in at Trexler Nature Preserve this weekend on my new-to-me Sentinel.

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 14:11 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Nice!

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015878
Mobile Version of Website