close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 14:43 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Sheeesh. Tokes and tacos isn’t a good night ride motivation technique.... but got one in anyways...

Night rides are so sick. we rode a super gnar trail in the dark the other night, and then went exploring down a shortcut trail that i thought had just been hidden by logs at the start (it was logged all the way through lmao) but still had a sick time. Opens up so much more riding opportunity, without lights i would be limited to maybe 1-2 hours after work daily right now.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 16:22 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Sheeesh. Tokes and tacos isn’t a good night ride motivation technique.... but got one in anyways...

Night rides are so sick. we rode a super gnar trail in the dark the other night, and then went exploring down a shortcut trail that i thought had just been hidden by logs at the start (it was logged all the way through lmao) but still had a sick time. Opens up so much more riding opportunity, without lights i would be limited to maybe 1-2 hours after work daily right now.

Beer

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 17:56 Quote
That was such a baddass song when they played live... always the sea of hair began to swell...

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 10:50 Quote
Truly reinvigorated and absolutely buzzin my tits off after a 56km ride , first daytime ride on my ebike.
29er.. what the actual f*ck?!!! Never in my life has there been so much traction , even on stock OE rubber, moto sliding up lanes like a pro. The speed of a 29er, never been so fast in my life on a bike.
Switching modes enabled me to travel further than the 50k , eco/tour at first, as acclimatising to the power. Plus, I knew today I was going balls out for an epic ride.
So happy I almost cried, wow I’m back 20years riding wise, still largely in disbelief at the whole f*cking thing.
Totally enthused with the bike I neglected to bother changing the dropper height in the frame, total rookie shit, but noticed in the first K or so - went to the local bike shop for coffee and donut for fuel and a quick adjust. Big shout out to them today, they were part of my biblical shenanigans

Cornwall UK, South Coast
The best, the only angle of a stock Trek Rail 5 worth observing. Honestly though, this bike is f*cking amazing, ordering a new cassette and chain right now, so I’m never without it.

Broke my ankle (bi-malleolar fracture) here in 2004 fishing.. it took 15 search and rescue guys to get me out.. if I find the story online will share lol

Reprieve from the wind and a cheeky ‘fat one’ in there.. ride stoke biblical at this point

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 10:55 Quote
Ran outta battery with 3k to go.. considering buying a slightly smaller battery for summer riding, coz imma need it

50lb bikes are f*cking nightmares to pedal in a headwind. Just saying lol

29er sidewind is scary, no air for me today

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 13:24 Quote
Looks amazing Soup

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 13:29 Quote
Thats gnar.

We got surprise hero dirt yesterday, but as a consequence none of us thought it would be cold/foggy and had to ride in shorts/t shirts. Was too cold to keep riding after 30mi/5000ft.

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 15:32 Quote
Lucky. My ride was snowed out this weekend... to greasy for trail health on the east side of the mountains

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 15:33 Quote
We’ve got TWO f*cking wildfires ignited today in CO. In December!

https://www.9news.com/video/news/local/wildfire/miners-candle-fire-burns-near-idaho-springs/73-fae72579-7f8d-410e-870e-f78a495ca533

https://kdvr.com/news/local/fire-burning-4-5-acres-in-jefferson-county/

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 16:27 Quote
25 miles / 40 KM 1200m elevation .

The big hill .

Looking Nth from Maleny

Glass House mountains .

Big day out .
Went to bed a cpl of hours earlier than usual .

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 17:00 Quote
Check that out!! Incredible view

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 19:01 Quote
Rosemount wrote:

The big hill .

Looking Nth from Maleny

Glass House mountains .

Big day out .
Went to bed a cpl of hours earlier than usual .

What a view ?

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 19:02 Quote
Rosemount wrote:

Glass House mountains .

What a view !!!

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 21:40 Quote
This was the only visible snow we have had yet, I believe it was Thanksgiving morning. It has mostly evaporated in the last week.

Granny gear / hike a bike up 4,000 ft of vert on 2.5 hour loop from home today....Was a windy day but was tucked in the mountains avoiding it well.. Brutal climb but so worth the 45 minute descent back to my door step though... Super mild conditions and warm temps into December....A bit of tack and traces of snow above 10,000 ft but super dry and loose below 8,0000ft. so diverse riding conditions....

Today , pic from Eagles Nest in Pike National Forest.

And week day rips have been plentiful last couple weeks...

@chacou, Hope those fires are under control ????

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017685
Mobile Version of Website