close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 6:03 Quote
@mtnryder Miners Candle Fire between Dumont and IDS is/was 50% contained at only 20 acres as of last night. Winds have died and temps have dropped, but still crazy. Friends that live in IDS just a ridge too away from the fire were texting last night that they were getting flurries, and there’s more snow hopefully moving in today.
I haven’t heard anything more about the West Ranch Fire near Deer Creek/Ken Caryl Ranch but I suspect they got it under control fast and it didn’t get big.

From Saturday morning exploring/bushwhacking a lesser known area that offers huge potential. I’ll be back in the spring with some tools to get some lines in.
Mt. Evans massif on the right should be snow covered. You can actually see downtown Denver if you look closely on the left of the photo.

Denver down there on the flats

Where’s the snow!?

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 6:14 Quote
Mtn Ryder wrote..
Today , pic from Eagles Nest in Pike National Forest.

If that’s what it takes to earn those views, then count me in!

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 6:21 Quote
chacou wrote:
@mtnryder Miners Candle Fire between Dumont and IDS is/was 50% contained at only 20 acres as of last night. Winds have died and temps have dropped, but still crazy. Friends that live in IDS just a ridge too away from the fire were texting last night that they were getting flurries, and there’s more snow hopefully moving in today.
I haven’t heard anything more about the West Ranch Fire near Deer Creek/Ken Caryl Ranch but I suspect they got it under control fast and it didn’t get big.

From Saturday morning exploring/bushwhacking a lesser known area that offers huge potential. I’ll be back in the spring with some tools to get some lines in.
Mt. Evans massif on the right should be snow covered. You can actually see downtown Denver if you look closely on the left of the photo.

Denver down there on the flats

Where’s the snow!?

Epic scenery tup
You guys expecting a mild winter then?

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 7:34 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Epic scenery tup

I hope not, but we are in a La Niña cycle which tends to be less moisture and more mild temps. So far, the "ski season" is not starting off well, but it's been nice for mountain biking.
For instance Denver has now set a record without measurable snowfall for 229 consecutive days, but hopefully that'll break later this week based on some forecasts. That's maybe not so bad for the city dwellers and the drivers, but the mountain snowpack is well below average which is what refills our reservoirs and means our fire danger remains high. December and January are typically fairly dry and cold, IME, and we get the bulk of our snowfall in March, April, and now even May and June it seems. We often get good early snowfalls in late September, October, November, and even early December, but this year the weather has been so warm, and dry. Fingers crossed the forecast holds and we get solid snow later this week.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 7:43 Quote
chacou wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
Epic scenery tup

I hope not, but we are in a La Niña cycle which tends to be less moisture and more mild temps. So far, the "ski season" is not starting off well, but it's been nice for mountain biking.
For instance Denver has now set a record without measurable snowfall for 229 consecutive days, but hopefully that'll break later this week based on some forecasts. That's maybe not so bad for the city dwellers and the drivers, but the mountain snowpack is well below average which is what refills our reservoirs and means our fire danger remains high. December and January are typically fairly dry and cold, IME, and we get the bulk of our snowfall in March, April, and now even May and June it seems. We often get good early snowfalls in late September, October, November, and even early December, but this year the weather has been so warm, and dry. Fingers crossed the forecast holds and we get solid snow later this week.

Thanks for sharing the above, understand how important it is now. Makes perfect sense

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 8:17 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Thanks for sharing the above, understand how important it is now. Makes perfect sense

Yeah, the snow's required for life out here and not for recreation, that's just an added bonus Wink

Update: both fires are contained

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 23:39 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
Rosemount wrote:
25 miles / 40 KM 1200m elevation .

Glass House mountains .

What a view !!!

Those silhouettes down in the valley are old volcanoes .
Called the Glass House Mountains . It has been really wet here the past few weeks . So we took some back roads and fire roads to the top of the Blackall Mountain Range the pic is @ Mary Caincross Park . Then down some single track back down to the coastal plain in Moolooloolah .

I love seeing where folks in the Nth ride . So different to where I ride . Never snows here .

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 4:46 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Ran outta battery with 3k to go.. considering buying a slightly smaller battery for summer riding, coz imma need it

50lb bikes are f*cking nightmares to pedal in a headwind. Just saying lol

29er sidewind is scary, no air for me today

pics are incredible Soup...! looks lovely around there. Can't wait to hear the fishing story. Don't forget to share that with us. Wink

EDIT: all the photos shared recently are amazing. It's really interesting to see everyone's different surroundings. Makes me yearn to visit and experience it, also makes me appreciate my own riding areas. I need to take more pictures... Facepalm

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 6:45 Quote
adm750 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
Ran outta battery with 3k to go.. considering buying a slightly smaller battery for summer riding, coz imma need it

50lb bikes are f*cking nightmares to pedal in a headwind. Just saying lol

29er sidewind is scary, no air for me today

pics are incredible Soup...! looks lovely around there. Can't wait to hear the fishing story. Don't forget to share that with us. Wink

EDIT: all the photos shared recently are amazing. It's really interesting to see everyone's different surroundings. Makes me yearn to visit and experience it, also makes me appreciate my own riding areas. I need to take more pictures... Facepalm

Very good day for those willing to brave the wind. Most people stayed home or in their cars. Good!!
Ebikes are f*cking amazing, us oldies deserve one

This thread is full of amazing people and the pics are outrageously good.

Yeah man, more riding & pics please tup

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 16:28 Quote
chacou wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

Yeah, the snow's required for life out here and not for recreation, that's just an added bonus Wink

Update: both fires are contained
Weather update. we were supposed to get snow on Friday but now they have changed it to wind.....JoyConfused

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 16:30 Quote
OOHH!! I hope we just get wind too!! F U SNOW!!!

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 16:34 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
OOHH!! I hope we just get wind too!! F U SNOW!!!

I want snow !!!!!!

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 16:35 Quote
I will send you all I can!! You can haz!! Punch Uncle Mark!!!

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 16:43 Quote
Just wait we'll get like 7 feet on June first

Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 16:45 Quote
Just keep it down there!!! Kthxbai.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011824
Mobile Version of Website