Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Author Message
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 13:35 Quote
jblaski wrote:
Waited until ski season was finally done before breaking out our bikes. Corner Canyon, UT.

Great shots!

Ski season isn’t done with us in Colorado, 12”-24” of snow forecast by Sunday for my location in the front range ~30 miles west of Denver. No complaints though, we need every drop of water we can get right now. It was near 80 yesterday and I believe every day in May so far has been a red flag wildfire warning. We were under red flag wildfire warning yesterday when the winter storm warning alert came in. Crazy!

Cleared some blow down the other day, so once it melts out again it'll be good to go. Love my little stealthy 16" electric chainsaw

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 14:40 Quote
chacou wrote:
jblaski wrote:
Waited until ski season was finally done before breaking out our bikes. Corner Canyon, UT.

Great shots!

Ski season isn’t done with us in Colorado, 12”-24” of snow forecast by Sunday for my location in the front range ~30 miles west of Denver. No complaints though, we need every drop of water we can get right now. It was near 80 yesterday and I believe every day in May so far has been a red flag wildfire warning. We were under red flag wildfire warning yesterday when the winter storm warning alert came in. Crazy!

Cleared some blow down the other day, so once it melts out again it'll be good to go. Love my little stealthy 16" electric chainsaw

FREE at last! You are in World Service.. tup

~JSV

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 13:12 Quote
One last ride before knee surgery Monday.

Cougar Ridge lap, prime conditions!



Posted: May 21, 2022 at 13:18 Quote
Hows the new rework on cougar? Lots of heated conversation on fake book

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 14:02 Quote
I think the drama was overblown. (my opinion only). There's 4-5 jumps (all built to the side of the trail) on the top section (I can't say for sure, but I suspect they were originally there before the trail become sanctioned). The DEEP root-holes that don't dry up until August were filled in and will ride nice, but will eventually get rutted out again as they get ridden in. I don't think that it fundamentally changed anything about the trail, just prevented deep ruts and chutes from getting worse.

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 14:23 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
I think the drama was overblown. (my opinion only). There's 4-5 jumps (all built to the side of the trail) on the top section (I can't say for sure, but I suspect they were originally there before the trail become sanctioned). The DEEP root-holes that don't dry up until August were filled in and will ride nice, but will eventually get rutted out again as they get ridden in. I don't think that it fundamentally changed anything about the trail, just prevented deep ruts and chutes from getting worse.

That was my suspicion. Some people juss gotta bictch.

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 15:08 Quote
Heal up PAC Man. Hope this one sticks and the knee heals up quickly.

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 16:30 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
Heal up PAC Man. Hope this one sticks and the knee heals up quickly.

Thanks chef! Me too! Hoping for a speedy recovery, so I can at least get some riding in this summer. Gotta hook up with you and Ster!

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 17:04 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:
Heal up PAC Man. Hope this one sticks and the knee heals up quickly.

Thanks chef! Me too! Hoping for a speedy recovery, so I can at least get some riding in this summer. Gotta hook up with you and Ster!

100% need to ride together. I look forward to it

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 20:05 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
One last ride before knee surgery Monday.

Cougar Ridge lap, prime conditions!




Hope surgery goes well, a good ride today will help with your oxygenation to help onset a speedy recovery.

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 20:08 Quote
chacou wrote:
jblaski wrote:
Waited until ski season was finally done before breaking out our bikes. Corner Canyon, UT.

Great shots!

Ski season isn’t done with us in Colorado, 12”-24” of snow forecast by Sunday for my location in the front range ~30 miles west of Denver. No complaints though, we need every drop of water we can get right now. It was near 80 yesterday and I believe every day in May so far has been a red flag wildfire warning. We were under red flag wildfire warning yesterday when the winter storm warning alert came in. Crazy!

Cleared some blow down the other day, so once it melts out again it'll be good to go. Love my little stealthy 16" electric chainsaw


kudos for being a good steward of the trail !

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 20:39 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
Hope surgery goes well, a good ride today will help with your oxygenation to help onset a speedy recovery.

Thanks Bro! tup

Posted: May 29, 2022 at 9:08 Quote

6 am ride with nobody on the trail, so nice...

Posted: May 29, 2022 at 13:58 Quote
Lawd haz mercy... Came across the mountains for a long weekend of riding adventure and got slammed with a brutal cold. Got one shorty mellow in with my son yesterday but had to bail on all the big mountain fun stuff for today and tomorrow ...


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014077
Mobile Version of Website