Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Jun 26, 2022 at 22:32 Quote
Awe man. Hopefully it’s mellow. I got it a couple months ago. Had a scratchy throat for two days. That was about the extent of it.

Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 0:00 Quote
I had Covid in March. Few days with slight soar throat, one day with a proper headache, then nothing much else. But rapid tests were positive for 10 days straight.

The girlfriend drove to her parents with the kids on friday. I rode there by bike the next day. Was nice. As for relevance: our road bike has mostly mtb parts...

While having roadside fruit a guy came past. Looked like he knew where he was going. I wasn't really, so I followed him and asked where he wanted to go. Turned out that we both started at the same time in the same place and both wanted to ride past Chemnitz. So we rode together for a bit.

lunch was shared and pretty good

Took me roughly 7.5h for around 150km.

I know that road riding sucks, but beggars cannot be choosers. I needed some time off the kids and this was a welcome opportunity.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 0:37 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
Do you leave that kettle stashed out there or pack it with you ?? ,

Both the hobo stove and the coffee pot fits fine in my small backpack.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 6:42 Quote

It was worth the hike up the hill.
Say I wont on my hardtail...

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 17:49 Quote
Doesn't get much better then a passing shower to freshen things up.
Monsoon season seems to actually be picking up here after a few years off, this is 4th or 5th day in a row with the regular afternoon t-storm and meandering rain, hopefully it keeps up through July.

Not today but the other afternoon stopped to snap some of the Columbines. Wildflowers have been loving the moisture.

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 13:20 Quote
chacou wrote:
Doesn't get much better then a passing shower to freshen things up.
Monsoon season seems to actually be picking up here after a few years off, this is 4th or 5th day in a row with the regular afternoon t-storm and meandering rain, hopefully it keeps up through July.

Not today but the other afternoon stopped to snap some of the Columbines. Wildflowers have been loving the moisture.

The rain is a great thing ! although we are only getting a fraction of the precipitation amounts we should be getting in Colorado...Last week I snarled at a tourist who was bitching about the slightly rainy and overcast day to a cashier when I was waiting to check out....You just don't come to Colorado and complain about rain....guy was actually from Arizona where 5 million people are 100% dependent on the highly compromised volume of the Colorado river... Go figure ????

That bike looks highly capable and ballistic.

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 13:57 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Awe man. Hopefully it’s mellow. I got it a couple months ago. Had a scratchy throat for two days. That was about the extent of it.

As for my covid it was pretty severe over the weekend then felt pretty sick still monday and tuesday but worked on a job site by myself tuesday....Today feeling a bit better but I absolutely can not smell or taste anything, nothing.....I just hope I am not one of the 13% or whatever it is of people who never gets it back...its really weird.... Wake up call for sure. I haven't had a cold or flu for 10 years...I got the first two shots but failed to get the booster...

P.S. Has anyone else on here had the no taste and smell symptom ??? or do you know anyone who has ?? just curious if and how long it took to get the senses back.

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 14:15 Quote
I have a Santa Cruz and an Orbea.

I have no taste.

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 14:25 Quote
fredro wrote:
I have a Santa Cruz and an Orbea.

I have no taste.

lol

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 15:25 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

As for my covid it was pretty severe over the weekend then felt pretty sick still monday and tuesday but worked on a job site by myself tuesday....Today feeling a bit better but I absolutely can not smell or taste anything, nothing.....I just hope I am not one of the 13% or whatever it is of people who never gets it back...its really weird.... Wake up call for sure. I haven't had a cold or flu for 10 years...I got the first two shots but failed to get the booster...

P.S. Has anyone else on here had the no taste and smell symptom ??? or do you know anyone who has ?? just curious if and how long it took to get the senses back.

my mom and brother had that, it took them around a month for things to be somewhat normal iirc

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 16:08 Quote
Likewise, my mother-in-law and a couple friends lost smell and taste. I'd say all had it back in 2-4 weeks, the worst thing was the fatigue IME, felt tired and so unfit for like 6 weeks.
It's crazy that this time last year I could count on 1 hand the people I knew that HAD GOTTEN covid, and now this summer I can count on 1 hand the people I know that HAVE NOT GOTTEN covid. Last summer it was all people that hadn't gotten vaccines, this time it's just everyone, vaccine or not, booster or not. Endemic at this point.

The rain has been so nice, keeping things cool and fires at bay...for now. Although it's kinda putting a damper on weekend plans to ride some Monarch Pass, Fooses and Greens. Probably still get after it, the GG Smash don't care about getting a bit wet and muddy.

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 18:11 Quote
chacou wrote:
Likewise, my mother-in-law and a couple friends lost smell and taste. I'd say all had it back in 2-4 weeks, the worst thing was the fatigue IME, felt tired and so unfit for like 6 weeks.
It's crazy that this time last year I could count on 1 hand the people I knew that HAD GOTTEN covid, and now this summer I can count on 1 hand the people I know that HAVE NOT GOTTEN covid. Last summer it was all people that hadn't gotten vaccines, this time it's just everyone, vaccine or not, booster or not. Endemic at this point.

The rain has been so nice, keeping things cool and fires at bay...for now. Although it's kinda putting a damper on weekend plans to ride some Monarch Pass, Fooses and Greens. Probably still get after it, the GG Smash don't care about getting a bit wet and muddy.

Looks like id you start by 8:00 or 9:00 saturday or sunday no chance till noon i think..lightning is the scary part up there..you can be done in time before the forecasted rain pretty easily.

We loop the monarch crest / Rainbow /poncha mountain / methodist mountain to guts then back to Salida every 4th of july. it is about an 86 mile loop... starts on sacket street about a block north of Absolute bikes at 4;20 AM every 4th of july for the last few decades...I have been planning on it but may have to bail since I'm only a week into this coves shit... Definitely one of the best free self supported endurance ride in Colorado. 10,000 + feet vert up and down ! Started out as mostly a single speed / clunker deal in the early 90's now all bikes welcome but unmarked so keep your eyes on the folks in front of you..

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 18:12 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

I have a few friends that had that. Some lasted a few days up to one lasted a month no taste...

Dont beat yourself up. I know a dozen or more folks who were dosed dosed and boosty dosed... still got it. Whaddyahgunnado

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 18:17 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Slackerdude wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

I have a few friends that had that. Some lasted a few days up to one lasted a month no taste...

Dont beat yourself up. I know a dozen or more folks who were dosed dosed and boosty dosed... still got it. Whaddyahgunnado
Cool, I just keep trying to smell stuff, they say that helps regenerate the nerves....was just working on my chain saw cant even smell gas...

Active Forum Threads
2 mins ago - Bird Aeris owners thread
43 mins ago - Morewood Bikes
44 mins ago - Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
45 mins ago - MTB Tech Rumors, Innovation and Prototypes
1 hours ago - Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
1 hours ago - Code R brakes fading really bad
1 hours ago - 21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts
1 hours ago - AXS and river crossings
2 hours ago - 2013 Cannondale Trigger X-Fusion Rear Shock Issue
2 hours ago - Raw / Polished - Bikes & Frames - No paint allowed
2 hours ago - Psychic Reading +1 (845) 295 3081 Love Spells Port St. Lucie to Return Ex-Lover
2 hours ago - Psychic Reading +1 (845) 295 3081 Love Spells Yonkers, NY to Return Ex-Lover
2 hours ago - Psychic Reading +1 (845) 295 3081 Love Spells Des Moines to Return Ex-Lover
2 hours ago - Psychic Reading +1 (845) 295 3081 Love Spells Frisco, TX to Return Ex-Lover
2 hours ago - Psychic Reading +1 (845) 295 3081 Love Spells Modesto, CA to Return Ex-Lover
2 hours ago - Psychic Reading +1 (845) 295 3081 Love Spells Huntsville, AL to Return Ex-Lover
2 hours ago - Psychic Reading +1 (845) 295 3081 Love Spells Hialeah, FL to Return Ex-Lover
2 hours ago - Trek session owners club
2 hours ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
2 hours ago - Psychic +1 (845) 295 3081 Love Spells Spring Valley to Return Ex-Lover
2 hours ago - 2022 Session...shock question
2 hours ago - Psychic +1 (845) 295 3081 Love Spells Tacoma, WA to Return Ex-Lover
2 hours ago - Psychic +1 (845) 295 3081 Love Spells San Bernardino to Return Ex-Lover
2 hours ago - Psychic +1 (845) 295 3081 Love Spells Baton Rouge to Return Ex-Lover
2 hours ago - Psychic +1 (845) 295 3081 Love Spells Richmond, VA to Bring Back Lost Lover

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015251
Mobile Version of Website