Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 18:54 Quote
Ooo dont try too hard to smell that! lol

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 22:37 Quote

Quite excellent day on the big bike. a lot of hike up, ride down.

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 23:14 Quote
Quick thru-and-back lap of my local green loop for fitness, pretty muddy here at the moment (mid winter) so stayed off the steeper more raw trails today.

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 13:15 Quote
newbermuda wrote:

Looks rad , all single track ?

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 17:55 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

Looks rad , all single track ?

All singletrack minus a brutal 9 mile/2500ft road climb in the sun

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 19:50 Quote
Did a 12 mile 4000'vert road climb this morning to get to my zone , it was sunny but we had rain last night so temps were mellow for this time of year pretty nice and cool....7 days after coming down with Covid....did it with my buddy who also came down with covid a couple days before me....Felt foolish this morning leaving on a ride so soon after the sickness but I think it actually helped me mentally and physically. Also total hero dirt day so big bonus..

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 20:33 Quote
4000' vert of 8 inch wide single track ,steeps, flow and tacky dirt today......Stairway to heaven and the Ranger trail.... and more...Really fun day

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 21:20 Quote
Gravelben wrote:
Quick thru-and-back lap of my local green loop for fitness, pretty muddy here at the moment (mid winter) so stayed off the steeper more raw trails today.

winter looks pretty nice in the land down under..

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 5:05 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
winter looks pretty nice in the land down under..

Yeah its pretty mild compared to a lot of places, we only get snow on the ground a couple of times a year where I am (around 46° south latitude).

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 19:24 Quote
Went out to explore a new to me “sleepy” USFS trail this morning only saw one person on trail, which is insane given the holiday weekend. So nice with the regular rain, temps are perfect, the air is clear, the dirt is amazing, the forest is doing pretty well.

First things first, lighten the load Wink

The forest is so verdant in this area, convergence of a couple creeks from the high alpine.

That's a big bar

Couple of decent blowdowns stacked up + darkening sky + temps noticeably dropping = time to turn around.

5 minutes sooner and we would've been dry

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 20:45 Quote

Two day trip to Killington, VT. Some DH laps on the new park bike. Cool

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 22:17 Quote
How’s that megatower working out, other than being completely ubiquitous. Which reminds me, did you find ricochet rabbit? Seem to recall he likes to fly there and ride his sweet bikes.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 5:34 Quote
After some suspension tweaking, I got used to it right away! Likes to go fast and likes big drops too. I do feel the added length and heft of the bike, but it’s basically my park bike, so not much climbing and pedaling involved. Loving it so far…

No sign of RR. He must be in witness protection in Florida. Oh well.

Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 5:24 Quote
Lunch ride from today, Don't really have much time to do big alpine rides during the weekend anymore so I try to ride as much as I can on my lunch break.

Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 6:14 Quote
jurassicrider wrote:
Lunch ride from today, Don't really have much time to do big alpine rides during the weekend anymore so I try to ride as much as I can on my lunch break.

Same for me, minus the 'alpine' part...
I'm averaging three rides per week.
I also managed to establish the time slot to do a 2,5h ride on tuesday nights. Things seem to be moving in the right direction.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021713
Mobile Version of Website