Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 21:25 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Oooo i bet riding around big bear is awesome

It’s not bad. Kind of congested right now with it being a weekend and summer break and all. People are camping in really awkward locations: right on the side of a popular dirt road, right in the middle of a trail intersection, etc. Once you get off the beaten track it’s very cool.

Gotta love the masses!!!! lol

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 1:06 Quote
Nina Hoffmann's home trails apparently are also my home trails. And I took a stab at them yesterday, after it rained, which it did not for many weeks. Dirt was good but the roots were super slick. Couple of close calls. No photos of the trails, though. Been there late in the day and it was just too dark to take meaningful photos.

On the way I came across this artificial pond . I'd guess it has about 10-20% of its water left.

Those birch trees do not look healthy

At the trail head it looked like it was autumn already. The beech trees there shed a lot of leaves. Pretty depressing.

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 21:12 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Nina Hoffmann's home trails apparently are also my home trails. And I took a stab at them yesterday, after it rained, which it did not for many weeks. Dirt was good but the roots were super slick. Couple of close calls. No photos of the trails, though. Been there late in the day and it was just too dark to take meaningful photos.

On the way I came across this artificial pond . I'd guess it has about 10-20% of its water left.

Those birch trees do not look healthy

At the trail head it looked like it was autumn already. The beech trees there shed a lot of leaves. Pretty depressing.

Awesome, but who is nina hoffmann ?

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 21:46 Quote
Saturday - Best hero dirt in a couple years for me, Pike National Forest, missing link reverse loop,6,000 vert up and down, 60 miles 6.5 hours with long 3 hour plus initial climb then alpine traversing and some long super rowdy fast tech downhill with last descent being an hour of non stop hauling ass... Stanton is feeling more dialed then ever and dirt was f*cking amazing , downhill riding was rowdier then ever...was super stoked on that oneBig Grin

Today, I rode a trail system in Buena Vista I haven't ridden before, was super tired from yesterday but ended up riding 3 hours of xc with endless boulder/ rock tech punchy and twisty turny. Lots and lots of tech but no long down hills.

Then just some picks from last weeks hikes around the neighborhood

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 21:56 Quote
Sounds like a bad-ass ride, slacker!

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 22:12 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
Sounds like a bad-ass ride, slacker!

if only the dirt could be that good all the time, between that and new Maxx Grip assegai up front I felt invincible.,,,Same trails in dry conditions and its fun but on edge the whole time..

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 23:04 Quote
MaxxGrip AssGuy is definitely confidence inspiring. Both my bikes have that on the front.

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 23:15 Quote
Beautiful Slacker, as usual Cool

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 23:30 Quote
Big day in the mountains for me this Sunday: Rode the Mont Buet (3096m/10157ft) in the Aiguilles Rouges mountain range.
55km/34 miles and 2950m/9680ft of elevation gain. Biggest ride of the year so far. I love the lunar vibes of this peak.

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 23:37 Quote
wow, big day! how long did that take?

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 23:44 Quote
Took me 10h: started at 8AM and I was back to the car at 6PM.

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 1:06 Quote
Places you wanna ride ...

So good gents , so good!

O+
Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 6:08 Quote
Looks Epic, Jurassic! Almost 10,000' of vert is crazy!

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 6:38 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Places you wanna ride ...

So good gents , so good!

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 21:30 Quote
Decomposed Pikes Peak granite is magic dirt with moisture, hero dirt for daysSmile

Hero dirt forecast

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023055
Mobile Version of Website